Killing Eve | The Popjustice Forum

Killing Eve

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by wickedbruv, May 13, 2018.

1. Anyone else watching this? Amazing writing from Waller-Bridge (of Fleabag fame) and winning performances from Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer.

backstreetjoe, 2014 and Monkey0 like this.
  2. Shocked there isn't already a thread for this! It's the best show currently on television. Incredible performances, and Waller-Bridge's genius writing perfectly balances the thrilling mystery with witty humor. I'm devastated the first season is only 8 episodes, but it'll leave my mouth watering for the forthcoming second season.

3. This is really good. Love the suspense/humor mood of each episode.

4. As someone who is easily scared: is it as graphic as Hannibal?

5. It isn't scary at all. It's kind of funny actually.

constantino, lushLuck and Stella like this.
  6. There are a couple of uncomfortable moments with some assassinations but not scary, no.

7. Initially, I was uncertain how this story would play out over an entire season, yet alone 2. And now that we only have 1 episode left, I'm stressed about how it can possible wrap things up in 1 hour. I honestly want this show to go on until the end of time.

dontkillmyvibe likes this.
  8. Honestly I haven't even seen the show yet but I just grateful for the vehicle for Sandra Oh's talent.

The fact that Phoebe Waller is involved is icing.

dontkillmyvibe and lushLuck like this.
  9. When I saw Jodie Comer in that pink dress with black boots, I knew I was going to be obsessed with the show and I've devoured it in 2 days and now I'm here like...season 2 where are you? Killing Eve is just great. No male-gaze bullshit, hilarious writing ("you hit me with a log?") and SANDRA OH. I hope they win an Emmy or two.

10. I think it's a shoo-in for Emmys this year.

11. I binged this over the last week and it was a total trip. I didn't expect it to be so fun. Like, for some reason I was expecting it to be more drama/thriller than action/black comedy - but it was all of the above. Sandra Oh is incredible. The stellar acting and fantastic characters made up for some of the implausibilities, and overall it was just a total joy to watch. I love that it never took itself too seriously, but it still always hit all the right marks when the dramatic tension built up or when they needed the audience to feel something. I'm definitely looking forward to season 2 and I'd be so thrilled to see Sandra Oh take home the Emmy.

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  12. I finished this finally over the weekend. What a show!

I would take a bullet for Sandra Oh and frankly if you wouldn't too...delete your account.

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  13. This was so so great and I'm already excited for season 2 (and for it to air in the UK so I can force my entire family and friend group to watch it too).

I'm firmly rooting for Sandra to win the Emmy, but it was Fiona Shaw that was my favourite by the end of the season. Perfect dry comedic support.

14. Well this is rather special. I'm only 4 episodes in. Sandra, Jodie and Fiona are all absolutely on the money.

Sam, 2014 and sugarcoma like this.
  15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Just one word for this: incredible. I can't get enough of it and it's made me get into Fleabag. Everyone involved is really on their A game.

Sam and backstreetjoe like this.
  16. The final episode slightly wasted the tension that it had built up over the eight episodes. I get that it's about Eve and Oksana's relationship, but you don't have the sacrifice plotlines for it.

The real revelation from this show is Jodie Comer. Wow, levels up from her performance in Doctor Foster. Throw ha an Emmy.

17. The writing is incredible, too. Really uses British humour in a modern, more subtle way. The quality jumped out.

18. Binged this over a few days on BBC iPlayer... loved it!

I'm assuming there will be a season 2?

backstreetjoe likes this.
  19. I’ve only watched 2 episodes so far but love how BBC America finally pulled off a critically acclaimed drama series.

2014 likes this.
  20. 2014 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.