Killing Eve | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Killing Eve

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by wickedbruv, May 13, 2018.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I screamed when he was still alive - what the hell.

bakerboy92 likes this.
  2. I loved Jodies episode, for Jodie but this was just as boring as her ep in terms of nothing really happening. I love the show but I can’t tell you what’s happened or happening this season. It’s all over the place. The fact that there’s 2 more eps left is worrying to me. When there’s an 8 episode season which is a little short anyways - what even is the point of these filler episodes that barely have the main 2 characters?!

So Konstantin is stealing the money to run alway with Villanelle and maybe Irina... I hope that Eve goes with them. We can’t have another cat and mouse ending - but I have a bad feeling Villanelle will leave in some form for Jodie to go to Hollywood etc

Dee91 and bakerboy92 like this.
  3. A better villain origin story.
    [​IMG]

sesita, Dee91, Island and 1 other person like this.
  4. This season really doesn't have a plot. Next season has got to pair Eve and Villanelle up for a good chunk of it. The cat and mouse thing has gotten old over 3 seasons and at least in previous seasons we had a few episodes where they were together. They've had one scene together in 6 episodes this season and based on the preview for next week it doesn't look like they'll be together in that episode either. Something has to change for season 4. This season is going nowhere.

Dee91 and Someboy like this.
  5. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

It's a bad show now. I hope it can be revived, but they have to bring someone in who really gets it. Last season may have been a little harebrained, but it was at least fun. Right now, the fun is gone, there are no stakes, and Eve and Villanelle have spent 95% of the season apart. What's the point?

stopthestatic and Monkey0 like this.
  6. I would be interested to see Sandra Ohs screen time figures as she’s hardly been in the screen this season. I think I’ve seen more of Konstantin then Eve.

Someboy likes this.
  7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Teebs it's felt like a Carolyn season. Fiona Shaw is superb and utterly deserves it but I wonder if she'll be sacrificed so going forward the show can focus more on Eve and Villainelle.

Subspace88, Dee91 and aux like this.
  8. Agree with everyone else about this season’s lack of momentum- I assumed after last week’s sojourn that things would get ramped up a few notches but it still lacked any real urgency, in spite of the few plot developments.
    Having said all that, who’d have thought Steve Pemberton would be so convincing in that kind of role?

Agree with @2014 , this has felt like a huge Carolyn season so far, which is fine and Fiona Shaw is amazing- but I do feel that with all her interesting quirks and mystique, she works a lot better as a peripheral character.

9. Island

Island Staff Member

What is this and why is Pixie Lott there?

Sam likes this.
  10. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I hadn’t even thought that through, but with the Villanelle-only episode, and then the one before that divided into the character-specific segments, the titular character has been relegated to the background. Christ.

11. I legit think Dasha has turned up more than Eve has this season if you took out the first episode nn

spaceship likes this.
  12. I think the issue is that the first two seasons were plot based and this season is all about character development. It’s almost like time froze and we’re seeing how they’re evolving with time.

The cadence and pace was much faster and this was what made it interesting because it was just pure chaotic fun. I still enjoy it now, but it’s not as thrilling.

kingbm likes this.
  13. Tonights episode was one of the better ones this season. It actually feels like we're going somewhere now but there's only one episode left so...

Villanelles golf outfit was the look of the season.

14. Im only 5 minutes into the episode and yelled “why wasn’t this moment used earlier in the season”. It just seems bizarre to me.

15. The problem with multi-season renewals, right there.

Jodie's Scottish accent was faultless, though.

Sam and rav4boy like this.
  16. Yeah I’m gonna have to give this episode a rewatch as I’m not sure how I feel about it. Still feels like not enough is happening.

17. I can’t bare Konstantin’s laugh

Txetxu, 2014, rav4boy and 2 others like this.
  18. Gonna watch later, i had a feeling it would be a better episode as next seasons writer, and writer of ep 3 wrote this one.

Drew likes this.
  19. Yes, the end in the hospital bed I was like... ok, we get it. Stop laughing.

Well episode 3 and this latest one are by far the best episodes of the season, so if thats who's doing season 4 things are looking up a bit.

20. Wondering now whether this new assassin is the one who killed Kenny- otherwise why introduce her so late in the season? I’m guessing Paul ordered it to destabilise Carolyn. It’s a tenuous link but I also think Paul may have placed Geraldine in the house to keep tabs on Carolyn, since they both had yoga mats in this episode. Would be an odd coincidence otherwise.

Or I could also be reading way too much into things!

kingbm likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.