Kim Petras - General Discussion | Page 193 | The Popjustice Forum

Kim Petras - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jono, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Pumpkin in orbit.

Enrique Garcia and Joe. like this.
  2. I much prefer this to Clarity and Era 1, and that's quite something, considering how amazing these two are. She just never disappoints!

man.tis.shrimp likes this.
  3. I mean this is perfect for your gay Halloween parties while you do poppers and squawk “DEATH BY SEX!!!11” in the corner. And that’s swell.

4. The bridge in Massacre is masssssive. Queen of the bops, that which she is indeed.

AndrewKuttler likes this.
  5. Everybody Dies is such an outlier sonically here. But it's also by far the best song of Vol 2. Wrong Turn is also pretty good.

Death by Sex is so ridiculous. Death by sex! Sex sex sex!

She really knows her audience.

6. Um...we don't have to start lying now just cause MJ is a child predator.

stuaw, Bolton, Wishlight and 3 others like this.
  7. Yeah - I prefer this to Era 1 and Clarity too. I kinda wished she'd just kept it at a Vol 2 though. The collection as a whole is a bit messy and Vol 1 just works so brilliantly as an 8 track EP.

Could we get a Vol 3/"Expanded Version" next Halloween?

8. I wish she kept them separate. Volume One being tacked on at the end just makes it glaringly obvious it is the superior version. The last song is dreadful

burzacott and Gemini like this.
  9. I don't think Volume 2 would work separately because most of the new songs aren't as good as the ones from Volume 1. I'd say merging them together was a great idea because the whole ~experience~ makes for a truly brilliant album., even if there's a bit too much interlude action.

10. Fans said "We want less Dr Luke",
    Kim said "How about more interludes of just his work?"

11. OK but the interludes bang.

12. The instrumental tracks are way better than any of the songs with her vocals.

SHYGUY, stopthestatic and Shuey like this.
  13. Wait is this the “accepted” narrative now? I thought everyone pretty much agreed that he was innocent years ago.

14. adz

adz

ermmmmm.

15. I genuinely don’t know, and I don’t care for his work. For some reason I just had it registered in my mind that he was, from the way I’ve seen people talk about him in the years around his death. This is the first time in years I’ve seen him mentioned in this light.

16. There was a documentary a few months ago that was huge and he has since seen a lot of backlash.
    I believe the BBC have said they will no longer play his music.

There is a lot of pushback from fans though. More than I've ever seen of anybody accused.

Ashling92, slaybellz and Glitterizer like this.
  17. I’m pretty convinced that by foregoing a separate Volume 2, she’s willingly drawing a line in the sand and hopes that by doing so, stans won’t eternally beg her for a Volume 3.

ZacharieH likes this.
  18. She called this “the whole story” when she announced it, so I doubt there will be any follow up/expanded editions.

19. [​IMG]

20. It's reminds me of a t.A.T.u. song aka pop perfection.

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.