Kim Petras - General Discussion | Page 317 | The Popjustice Forum

Kim Petras - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jono, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Sorry but Aaron flat out admitting the label thought the songs were shit is sending me

2. Sometimes the suits get it right!

Wishlight, 4Roses, nooniebao and 16 others like this.
  3. Don't have good enough songs "yet" is charitable
    & implies that they can do better, and the track record lately really isn't supporting that idea.

4. I feel bad for any woman who gets trapped due to the whims of largely male executives, but outside of that, her locking herself into a dead-end exploitative album deal that'll see her music shelved for years all while Kesha, who she mocked, is one album away from being freed from her's is some Dante's Inferno shit.

Wishlight, Aiden, Lander and 29 others like this.
  5. The timing ... this is not going to end well.

6. Not her deleting her tweet about this. They were eating her up in those quotes.

lucasdc likes this.
  7. I don't get it? Is this related to the resurgence the song is having or just a coincidence? Also what were people saying dd.

lucasdc likes this.
  8. She tweeted it was a coincidence. She recorded this three months ago or something because Kate is one of her favorite artists. I can’t remember exactly what people were saying, but none of it was good. She deleted her post and tweeted this I guess

[​IMG]

9. Kim Petras doing her best Kate Bush impression is not what I expected to hear on this Wednesday.

lucasdc likes this.
  10. I feel like it is very on brand to have a cover that actually sounds pretty good and with the potential to capture the zeitgeist... only to have it relegated to an Amazon exclusive that realistically people will not stream outside of YouTube.

Wishlight, boombazookajoe and lucasdc like this.
  11. What is it with relatively good pop artists with shitty opinions/alignments covering Kate Bush? Liz did it too before outing herself as a police supporter in the midst of everything that happened in 2020.

12. Meg Myers cover of Running Up That Hill is the only cover that matters.

13. "I get it you think I'm trash and a horrible person"

Self aware queen!

Wishlight, lucasdc, Hyrulian and 3 others like this.
  14. Placebo though.

Also the cover is decent enough if ultimately pretty toothless (a recurring theme with Kim these days), but her uh..."response" is a lot. "Sorry I'm THE WORST PERSON EVER" is not the serve she thinks it is

15. Tea

16. Her vocals on that cover... sweet baby Jesus. Good thing she retracted before anyone could draw comparisons to the only cover version that matters:

TRAVVV likes this.
  17. Kim’s vocals … what kinda billygoat filter did they slap all over it? BOOT.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  18. Nobody should cover Running Up That Hill anyway.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  19. cpr

cpr

Chromatics’ cover is iconic.

20. It’s also been sampled/re-recorded on a progressive house track from Anyma back in December 2021.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.