Kim Petras - "If Jesus Was a Rockstar" + General Discussion | Page 331 | The Popjustice Forum

Kim Petras - "If Jesus Was a Rockstar" + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jono, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Nn sadly the gays will eat this up

2. Kim Petras's 'pop girl' tale is both a lesson in cruel irony, as well as a case study in how the outdated formula of, 'make pretty girl sing pretty songs' doesn't work anymore.

She obviously has always wanted to be a 2006 pop star. However, it's so deliciously problematique that the music actually reflects the lack of depth, personality, and identity past her voice.

I believe her and her team believed that her being a transgendered woman would already put her in the forefront of standing apart from the rest, which it had. Especially with Lil' Nas being the aggressive forefront of queer representation in the music industry currently, it wouldn't be too far removed that Kim would naturally have a seat at the table.

But let's be honest here, she has no charisma. While the music (guilty pleasure or not) is part of the formula, it ultimately falls on the artist to sell both themselves and the music. She simply doesn't have that ability, which is why I believe her team is desperately trying to resuscitate or remove their efforts with her completely.

I am optimistic that things will come into play for her in a later time in life, where she's more understanding, educated, and experienced. But until then, shelve that Sam Smith collaboration too.

3. How did we, as a species go from Madonna ft Prince - Love Song to this in 33 years.
    Yeah and there were bops aplenty too.

4. A cultural shift, I fear. Kim and Sam wish they can serve disposable excellence this.

RMK, GimmeWork, nooniebao and 12 others like this.
  5. I would never ever stream it myself but Party Rock Anthem did kinda go off at parties when I was in college.

tea, Mr Blonde, RMK and 11 others like this.
  6. Iconic production

tea, GimmeWork, slaybellz and 16 others like this.
  7. That sounds horrid. If there’s one thing she’s good at, it’s giving Twitter something to drag her for. I’m sensing an iconic release day.

8. Oh, this is horrendous. Her label must be out of their minds thinking this will do anything other than damaging our hearing...

9. Fucking bin it.

10. I'm afraid this sounds even more cursed than "I'm Ready"

Bobbyrae, Ferk and Smooth Criminal like this.
  11. I'm Ready at least had a good chorus nn

12. Iconic for giving Robin Antin’s Lauren a number one.

13. I’m actually taken aback by how horrid that snippet sounds dddd.

Bobbyrae, nooniebao, Lander and 10 others like this.
  14. I can't think of 2 vocal...stylings that are less congruous dddd.

15. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Oh my god??
    [​IMG]

GimmeWork, eatyourself, LPT and 5 others like this.
  16. Can we bully both of them to get this scrapped?

huntypoo, johnny_tsunami and Ferk like this.
  17. Everyone lying to her

collxtion, RMK, GimmeWork and 8 others like this.
  18. This is going to be a disaster on so many levels ddd

Kim lives with her foot in her mouth and Sam has a lot of… Jessie J energy… when it comes to interviews. Any press for this will be a steaming hot mess.

Their vocal styles do not mesh and there is 0 overlap between their wine mom / Twitter Gay fan bases. It is dead on arrival.

19. I'm screaming. In the video it looks like both of them are dancing to two completely different songs.

20. That snippet literally sounds cursed. Like I am legitimately waiting for snakes to start manifesting in my house now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.