Kim Petras - "If Jesus Was a Rockstar" + General Discussion | Page 337 | The Popjustice Forum

Kim Petras - "If Jesus Was a Rockstar" + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jono, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Her best song in my opinion.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  2. Sam actually saving Kim’s career is kind of wild nn

GCZ and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  3. This Trisha Paytas serve

4. I'm very surprised to see this is #3 on the Hot 100. I haven't heard it anywhere or seen anything about it anywhere. The power of Sam Smith to revive her career like this, unfortunate... And people thought Sam's career was dead too.

5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I mean....we'll see where they both are after the song's dead.

Verandi, collxtion, Laurence and 30 others like this.
  6. Nn yeah I think Sam was getting this hit regardless of Kim. The clip of If Jesus Was a Rockstar didn't sound very promising (though I didn't expect Unholy to do anything nn)

I hate that I love her visuals as of late

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  7. I feel like Sam needed Kim to do this song, as in they were probably insecure / not feeling their oats doing a sexy slutty (lol) song before Kim jumped on board. So in a way she's necessary.

8. I agree, even though she’s a non-factor in both the song and video dd. I actually think she could have been utilized a bit more.

9. Credits:
    Kim Petras, Max Martin, Ilya, Savan Kotecha, & Omar Fedi

GCZ, Wishlight and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  10. So more or less the same team as “Unholy”? Dd. Also surprised there’s no Luke, but we saw with “Kiss Me More” he can hop on whenever he wants

thequinntessential, Ferk and lushLuck like this.
  11. I can’t begin to explain how much this song’s success is hurting my brain. The worst bit: to be accused of being close minded when I try to explain to my friends why this entire affair is desperate, cynical, and reductive.

12. K94

K94

It's all very... Sharpay and Ryan but not iconic.

13. lol.

Ferk likes this.
  14. Is this supposed to be coming this week or? Good for ha for taking advantage of the momentum ‘Unholy’ has (inexplicably) given her I guess.

15. Kim performed the whole song last night:

spicyhot likes this.
  16. Hmm…

17. Sounds like something they dragged out of Pink's recycle bin in 2006.

Ferk likes this.
  18. It's giving Pink meets Post Malone. I don't, like, hate it, but it's a bit of weird sonic direction for her to be taking?

19. Is the pop-rock revival trend not been and gone? Reeks of label interference.

20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Watching her perform....she's just not got it.

Ferk, tnargtnarud, GimmeWork and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.