Kim Petras - Slut Pop Miami

he/him
I’m sorry but Problématique is just another faceless collection of cute bops, but ~cohesive~. The album never truly deserved the kind of cult status its stans were trying to hype it up with like it’s the next XCXWORLD.

Yeah, the press release was funny and almost exactly what I figured they’d say about it, calling it “infamous” and “fan demanded”. Obviously press releases are hyperbolic all the time, and there of course was a subset of pop fans who were begging for this to be released, but I wouldn’t say it was either of these things in a larger sense.

And I say the following as someone who actually finds both Problématique and Feed The Beast pretty enjoyable, or at least inoffensive background listening to bop around to (especially after removing the former’s tracks from the latter and reorganizing things a bit), but neither of these projects feel essential. It’s not like Era 1 or Turn Off The Light, where one had all the makings of a genuinely classic 2010s pop record, and the other has become a spooky season staple featuring a much more exciting use of French House and synths than what Problématique is offering. Then there’s Feed The Beast, where it sounds like the A&R lost a bet and probably the greatest modern example of how out of touch label execs are these days when it comes to running a campaign. Truly every choice made has been more baffling than the last. It’s like a parody at this point.

This surprise drop is pretty much a desperate bid to shift tour tickets, no? They know people aren’t willing to turn up for that batch of songs so they dropped another hoping something will stick and incentivize them to get tix ddd.

he/him
This surprise drop is pretty much a desperate bid to shift tour tickets, no? They know people aren’t willing to turn up for that batch of songs so they dropped another hoping something will stick and incentivize them to get tix ddd.

Yeah. The press release mostly revolves around the tour:

Adding to the excitement ahead of her Feed the Beast World Tour, GRAMMY-
winning international pop sensation and critically acclaimed songwriter Kim Petras has unexpectedly released her long-awaited album Problematique as a surprise for her fans via Republic Records/Amigo Records.

Previously shelved after partially leaking and leaving fans clamoring for more, Problematique has been unearthed from the vault as 10 tracks of euphoric escapist pop inspired by French house music and Parisian soundscapes. Shimmering with magnetic, laissez-faire confidence and giving Kim even more new music to perform on her upcoming global tour, Problematique features stand out track “Treat Me Like A Ho,” a bratty flex that brims with untouchable, sugar baby confidence.

The album also features starry-eyed, funk banger “Born Again,” a defiant, self-assured burst of fun in title track “Problematique,” sultry, smooth bop “Deeper,” and “All She Wants” – a materialistic, tongue-in-cheek anthem featuring the iconic Paris Hilton.

Kim also recently shared reimagined, symphonic, 7-piece string ensemble performances of fan favorites from her acclaimed debut album Feed The Beast – a declaration about being willing to be consumed by pop music, her biggest passion in life, that was inspired by the euphoric Eurodance hits that she would lose herself in growing up.

Watch three unforgettable performances of fan favorites lifted by Kim’s powerful, polished vocals that include a dynamic, melodic rendition of diamond-selling hip-hop icon Nicki Minaj’s iconic verse from powerhouse single “Alone,” a yearnful, heart-wrenching version of “Minute,” and a powerful, stripped-back sonic reinterpretation of “Claws.”

The North American leg of Kim’s upcoming Feed The Beast World Tour, produced by Live Nation, kicks off September 27 in Austin, TX, bringing her larger-than-life live show to major cities coast to coast, including Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Nashville, Houston and San Diego, as well as Canadian stops in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.

Kim will then embark on a UK/European run of shows beginning February 13 in Birmingham, UK which will bring her to cities overseas including Manchester, London, Brussels, Paris, Cologne, Amsterdam and Milan.

The tour also offers a variety of different VIP packages and experiences for fans to take their concert experience to the next level. Packages vary but include Meet & Greet and photo op with Kim, early entry into the venue, and limited-edition merchandise. Please visit here for tickets, VIP packages, and tour info.

Having recently performed at festivals around the world including Governor’s Ball in NYC, Osheaga in Montreal, and The Town in São Paulo, Brazil, Kim is also slated to perform at Life is Beautiful in Las Vegas on September 24 and Corona Capital in Mexico City on November 18.

Kim is continuing a milestone year that has included winning her first (and LGBTQ history-making) GRAMMY Award (for “Unholy”) alongside Sam Smith – who she just jumped on stage with at The Forum in Los Angeles for a surprise live performance – attending the Met Gala as a guest of Marc Jacobs, receiving the Billboard Women in Music Chartbreaker Award, and gracing the cover of the iconic Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.

As they are, both albums are pretty shit but you can definitely make a decent-ish 10-12 track playlist taking songs from both. Problematique, Future Starts Now and All She Wants would have made a pretty decent opening.

she/they
As someone who's only heard Feed The Beast and now Problématique, she has a nice little EP and that's about it:

Je T'Adore
All She Wants
King of Hearts
Alone
Uhoh
Claws
Minute

This kinda knocks (yes, I do quite like Alone if I'm honest and it's on my predrinks playlist)

Lots of the stuff on both of these albums is literally rubbish though.
Trying to wrap my head around the fact that you like these songs ("Alone" being one of them), yet you hate ANTI, ddd.

Trying to wrap my head around the fact that you like these songs ("Alone" being one of them), yet you hate ANTI, ddd.
I refuse to subject this forum to one more of my posts relating to Anti ddd

I don't mind them and find them quite enjoyable, but it's not like I'm stanning them. They're alright in a Heidi Montag throwaway bops kind of way