Kim Petras - Slut Pop Miami

I've been told on more than one occasion by friends of mine who are stans that she's said she wants to show her "real" self off more, so I'm like... okay... then where is it.
When she releases her personal album and it turns out her real self is

Prada bag, yeah, fleek
Just big enough for this 2CB
Blood red Valentino, good to go
Juicy Couture, mmm bitch, you sure?
Shoes Manolo, straight off the rack
Quit starin', do you like this rack?
Slut Pop 3: Mississippi
Got 'em all gagged this career so trippy

She/Her
Re: "I Don't Want It At All"; I don't think Luke was actually associated with the Era 1 releases, ironically. At least not initially. From what I remember, the bulk of them were made before Kim was truly associated with him and his credits were added later after he began "unofficially" backing her via whatever deal they had (since Aaron maintained Kim was never signed to Prescription Songs, and she always said she was independent pre-Republic). But basically all that to say I don't think any of that was Katy leftovers. The original plan was Kim had a distribution deal with Spotify and those singles would make up what would become her debut album, but then those plans changed for whatever reason. You could probably attribute to the dip in quality to Luke becoming more hands on with the music if anything.
I didn't know this! Thanks for letting me know.

The problem is her appreciation for pop stops at 2009. There's only so much you can mine from a limited source and I don't see how she can move beyond that.

he/him
The problem is her appreciation for pop stops at 2009. There's only so much you can mine from a limited source and I don't see how she can move beyond that.

Well, that's not a bad thing! I think the issue isn't the year, but how deep the appreciation or knowledge of it goes. Like if all you were listening to back then was Gaga, Britney, Katy, and Kylie with the occasional Peaches thrown in, of course your output is going to become stale.

She was on a ridiculous hot streak from Era 1 through Clarity. Barely a dud in sight.

I think her strength was in how she was able to synthesize multiple pop reference points into something that felt indebted to the past while standing firmly in the present: something like I Don't Want It All evokes 1980's Material Girl, 2009 pop and the elasticity adjacent to hyperpop all at once. Slayyyter basically did that same thing but elevated the fuck out of it with parts of the mixtape and Troubled Paradise, so it's disappointing but not too surprising she ended up blatantly pulling from Cathy's socials for the Slut Pop Miami's aesthetics. It just made it even more apparent that she clearly has no understanding of the elements that bring levity and a degree of subversion to Slayyyter's MO.

Rmx

He/Him/His

Prada bag, yeah, fleek

I'm not gonna lie... I'm bopping. The 2CB line, she should take notes.

Rmx

He/Him/His
Thinking of that gay stan who got her face logo tattooed just after 3 songs. Wondering if he lasered it off.

Ugh.

I'm a life-long Ayu stan and I'm too scared to get even this little logo tattoo'd on me in case I'd one day regret it.
brand.gif

Let alone get her bloody face tattoo'd on me. He got what he deserved tbh.

Prada bag, yeah, fleek

I read this in the style of Gwen Stefani's rap from 'Rich Girl'.

I've gotten pushback for this opinion, but I still like her initial batch of tracks over Clarity. Clarity might be sharper in some ways but to me that's when she really started to feel anonymous. It leaves me much colder.