Kim Petras - Slut Pop Miami

The thing is, her earlier music was good. What was holding her back was not the music, it was Luke. But instead of doubling down on the quality of music and replacing Luke... she doubled down on Luke and replaced the quality of music with absolute desperation, trying anything. Her answer is to 1. Step back and go back to her good music - and evolve from that instead. and 2. Obviously get severed from Luke completely.

The real turning point for me where I actively began disliking her music is post Future Starts Now. She performed Coconuts at the EMAs with no real plan in place for its release when most of the fans wanted Hit It From the Back. By the time they dropped Coconuts after weeks of TikTok hyping, it flopped (duh!) and then Slut Pop came out right after which was just repulsive.

Unfortunately, the Slut Pop projects and most of her 86263 releases have actually turned out to be rather... unnecessary, to put it mildly.

He/Him
The moment Clarity wasn't her debut album (which to this day I swear it was initially marketed as an album then got silently downgraded to mixtape at some point) the wheels started coming off. It would've served her best interest to kick Luke to the curb as soon as she could've, 'cause she definitely knew it was actively harming her career, but she didn't, so... here we are!

It's like she will blame every single thing for giving her trouble in her career except the one person who actively lost her a ton of fans and potential. And she chose to go down that path. It's so weird.

She/Her

I was randomly recommended that clip on YT and thought I'd watch it out of sheer curiosity. She can't even stand still is she okay? The lack of energy...

Last edited:
She doesn't have anyone in her corner. Like the dancers are struggling with the costume strings...no director or props lesbian worked that out in advance?

I was randomly recommended that clip on YT and thought I'd watch it out of sheer curiosity. She can't even stand still is she okay? The lack of energy...

I don't know for the Berlin show but I saw her in Paris and she was not lethargic and I was even quite impressed with her vocals at some points. For a low budget production, I thought she did great.

Realistically, even at her best she has the stage presence of a pretty good karaoke act. Had some quality bops at a certain point, but I don't think she's above average at anything.

She definitely was more into it during the Broken Tour. Clarity less so and I don't know what the fuck she's doing now.