Kim Petras | Page 126 | The Popjustice Forum

Kim Petras

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jono, Jul 14, 2009.

1. I’m not sure about this one, chief.

2. For fuck’s sake, this is great again.

GimmeWork, lushLuck, Ferk and 2 others like this.
  3. Blow It All
    Got My Number
    Sweet Spot
    Broken
    All I Do Is Cry

I think Blow It All is 2nd only to Heart to Break as her best song.

4. All I Do Is Cry is dull as fuck.

I'm so bored with her output nowadays. It's just too straightforward and bland. It completely lacks the character of the early stuff; every song sounds way too much like something I've heard before. Also, here's a real lack of melodic variety in these songs.

inevitable likes this.
  5. What an overreaction.

I don't like this one much on first impression but the other four have been fire so it's all good.

Anticonformity likes this.
  6. I really don't see how it's an overreaction to say these songs are uninteresting. Kim's pure pop approach is resulting in diminishing returns IMO.

7. I wish she'd ended her first 'era' by putting all of the tracks into album. Even if just on Spotify. It all just feels disjointed.

The new stuff is pretty good. Broken, Got My Number and Sweet Spot are some of her best.

blissteria likes this.
  8. I think Broken is my favourite song of hers in general now. Even though it's a little Halsey-lite, it still goes off.
    You can just make an era 1 playlist, no? She has one set up on her Spotify page.

9. I mean a playlist is essentially what it would be anyway. She even made a rainbow head cover for it.

10. There's no 'woo-ah' in 'All I Do'

She's really going through it, huh?

11. Broken
    Sweet Spot
    All I Do Is Cry

Got My Number

Blow It All

RMK and Bangers&Bops like this.
  12. I wasn’t sure on All I Do Is Cry the first time the chorus came through but by the second I was living my best Sk8er Boi life.

I think this one’s in the bottom half of what we’ve heard so far but that’s more by virtue of how strong the material has been (as always).

lushLuck likes this.
  13. What kind of emo nonsense is this? I’m kind of obsessed.

Broken > Sweet Spot > Blow It All > All I Do Is Cry > Got My Number but I like them all a lot

GimmeWork and slaybellz like this.
  14. The outro is the best part of All I Do Is Cry.

1. Broken
    2. Got My Number
    3. Sweet Spot
    4. Blow It All
    5. All I Do Is Cry
    I live for melodrama but All I Do Is Cry is a little dry on the antics for me. Broken is definitely the crown jewel of the bunch so far.

15. The Sweet Spot would be a great album title

GimmeWork likes this.
  16. All of them really are just sort of blurring together for me but Sweet Spot and Broken are my favorites.

17. Is her voice a bit harsh on the new song or is it just me

18. Broken >>>>>> Sweet Spot > All I Do Is Cry = Blow It All > Got My Number

19. I think All I Do Is Cry suffers from the same cadence on the verses as Broken. Overall I think it overcomes any overly similar comparisons but I get why it’s near the bottom of most of these rankings.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.