Kim Petras | Page 210 | The Popjustice Forum

Kim Petras

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jono, Jul 14, 2009.

1. GCZ

GCZ

Saw Kim last night in Boston for my first time and whewwww, what a show! She sounded amazing, looked incredible, and put on an amazing performance. I’ll definitely go to one of her shows again.

2. The people in the Fashion Report Card video were irritating to me, even she seemed slightly annoyed that they were doing all the talking instead of letting her. Whoever edited it could tell around the 5-min mark

3. This is upsetting.

4. I mean, I'm just gonna quote this that I saw on the popheads reddit:

5. I don’t know the context of this, but I can’t believe the WBC are still...trying it in this day and age. Just reading that invective filled “statement” made my blood boil and my heart break for her and even more for the fans that are going to have to deal with that.

We should’ve banned them like the UK did.

Mr Blonde, matthew. and lushLuck like this.
  6. WBC truly is the worst.

myblood, Laurence, Bobbyrae and 5 others like this.
  7. Why do bible bashers always speak like Skyrim NPCs.

8. Yeah this isn’t a good look for anyone. A bit irresponsible of Kim to put her fans/team/herself in harm’s way.

9. The way she’s egging them on via social media right now is a bit much.

Then again, I guess that was the point of her pulling that billboard stunt to begin with? Hopefully everyone stays safe. I can’t recall WBC actually doing any legitimate harm (beyond psychological) to anyone at their protests.

10. I mean...

It's all very well that she's like "I'm not bothered, they can stay mad for all I care!" but... it's not you that has to walk past them or will be in earshot of them for most of the day. You don't have to deal with their venom, and you might have enough self-esteem to not let it get to you, but I guarantee there's a couple members of the LGBTQ+ community in that audience that don't feel as bulletproof as you do.

11. Putting up Billboards specifically to piss off Westboro just to get them to come picket her show & subject her fans to homophobic/transphobic abuse is... certainly a thing to do.

But then again, Kim Petras is a mess. Quelle surprise.

12. This makes me... anxious all around because her audience is primarily young lgbt+ folk who may not have the full life experience to know that even if people antagonize you, if they stay within their protected Constitutional rights and you don’t, they can lawyer up and ruin lives. Like Kim is being pretty flippant and dangerous to put her fans in the situation in the first place.

13. Ugh, it almost feels like she strives on being problematique at this point.

nooniebao, lushLuck and matthew. like this.
  14. She had nothing to do with those billboards tho...

15. Her denial was not the most convincing, considering she couldn’t keep a straight face when asked if she knew about the billboards in advance of them going up. There’s nothing wrong with orchestrating a little press for yourself, but the way this is being handled (even if she isn’t the one who did it, which even her stans think she did) is still a mess.

16. And she sure as hell didn’t renounce them or their intent.

17. Like, there’s nothing about this story that’s organic. It wasn’t even news until TMZ broke the “exclusive” which Kim retweeted herself.

Followed by her giving interviews saying it must have been her ~crazy Twitter stans~

TRAVVV and matthew. like this.
  18. A little statement warning people that her team/security will do their best to shield concert-goers from their bigotry, along with advice on how not to react to them (so as to not get themselves in any legal trouble) would definitely go a long way.

I don't think it makes her a bad person to have this reaction to them at all though? Even if she was behind the billboards.

19. The problem is her reaction without warning people, her young fans, of potential danger and not to interact with this group if they see them on the street.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.