Kimberley Walsh | The Popjustice Forum

Kimberley Walsh

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Rafa_el, Dec 13, 2010.

1. After wikipedia (lol), dailymail is now saying:

[...]
    When Girls Aloud first went on hiatus in 2009, Kimberley said she planned to work on her TV presenting and acting career...

But after seeing bandmembers Cheryl Cole and Nadine Coyle experiencing varying degrees of solo success, it appears Nicola and Kimberley have decided they also want to try out solo careers.

Kimberley is currently guest vocalising on Aggro Santos's new single Like U Like and is recording her debut solo album, scheduled for release in 2011.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...erley-Walsh-charity-do.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

So why not start a topic for her?

2. I'm very excited about this.

3. I'm shocked. I love Kimberley Walsh (she has been my favourite Girl Aloud since Popstars), but I can't say I ever imagined her releasing an album. Hopefully it does well for her, though.

4. I was wondering if it was time to start a Kimberley thread what with her collaborations. But I'm not sure about the legitimacy of this album news.

5. I'm pretty sure this won't happen.

6. Bad move to make a whole album. If I was her I would stick to collaborations. She could do the Aggro one, a Neyo one and maybe one with the freemasons.

A whole album of Kimberley? Unless it were a short dance album like Kelises flesh tone, and a few features thrown in?

7. I hate it when people do this but...

Flop.

8. Really hope this isn't serious.

9. Kim will flop badly. She hasn't got solo star qualities. Her voice is worse than Cheryl's and she is lovely and down to earth but will be like another bland 'Rachel Steven's.

10. I would laugh with glee if Kimba was the first Aloud to crack America.

Probably under the same circumstances that Dudley Moore became a star there.

11. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I think the album will have lots of collabs, around 30% of it. Looking forward to the Kimberley and Neyo song. If she cracks America, I'd be happy.

12. She probably warrants her own general thread, she seems to be putting herself out there musically.

I'm not sure there's any truth in the wiki post about an album (it was clearly written by a retard) but it'd be nice for her to do more features.

13. duckface

duckface Guest

I think it would be amazing if Girls Aloud looked like this in 3 years:

- Kim becomes the Emma Bunton, with a hit-and-miss track record but no shortage of work.
    - Cheryl's success fades and she relies on endorsements for the rest of her life.
    - Nadine continues releasing 'independent' albums with moderate but inconsistent success in Portugal and Switzerland.
    - Nicola has some moderately successful releases, kind of fades away, but with her dignity intact.
    - Sarah gets a regular role on Coronation Street or something, and becomes this generation's Barbara Windsor.

14. vasilios

vasilios Guest

That's not amazing, that's what will happen.

15. I love the idea of Sarah being the face of a new generation in Corrie, she'd be perfect.

16. I would love a Kimberley solo album, like I would love a solo album from all of them - Ie VERY MUCH!

But I'm not sure if thats true - its probably Daily Mail assuming, but I'm glad these collabs are here, and if their successful, then who knows

17. According to The Sun she's set to work with Ne-Yo.

18. Why do most people on the popjustice forum compair every artist to soding Rachel Stevens. She was such a 2 min 2 bit popstar. She was stiff as a board sounded like psoh spice and had a personality of a carrot. And how many no 1 did she have?
    And more to the point when was her last record?

I think Kimba sounded really good on the Neyo track. A whole album of Kimberley might work? It all depends, if I was her I would not do it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.