Kleerup & Tityo 'Longing For Lullabies'

T

tommie

popknark said:
It's number one in the Swedish collage radio airplay chart.

We have college radio airplay charts?

It's already Kleerup's highest charting single in Sweden. It's also nice to see Titiyo have a proper hit - I hope this inspires her to do her own album!

Cdon.com has listed the album which will be simply called "Kleerup" and the release date is set on 21st May!! Not so long!! No traclkisting yet though.

Her voice ruins it, would better as an instrumental - sounds like one of those singers on a crappy 90s Ibiza chillout stylee album.

V

vasilios

ysaferrer said:
Her voice ruins it, would better as an instrumental - sounds like one of those singers on a crappy 90s Ibiza chillout stylee album.

Shocked! No! Titiyo is amazing. I demand a new Titiyo album now! Come Along is a masterpiece.

Cover for the album.
401038.jpg

Tracklisting of the album:

1. Hero
2. Until We Bleed (With Lykke Li)
3. Thank You For Nothing
4. With Every Heartbeat (With Robyn)
5. Tower Of Trellick
6. Longing For Lullabies (With Titiyo)
7. Music For Girl (With Lisa Milberg)
8. Chords
9. Forever (With Neneh Cherry) !!!!!
10. 3am (With Marit Bergman)
11. On My Own Again
12. I Just Want To Make That Sad Boy Smile

T

tommie

How tedious that he put Thank You For Nothing on there as it's virtually the instrumental version of Longing For Lullabies! I hate to say it, but if the rest of the album sounds like Heartbeat, Lullabies and Thank You For Nothing he's a one-trick pony.

tommie said:
How tedious that he put Thank You For Nothing on there as it's virtually the instrumental version of Longing For Lullabies! I hate to say it, but if the rest of the album sounds like Heartbeat, Lullabies and Thank You For Nothing he's a one-trick pony.

But what a trick!

Haven't listened to "Thank You For Nothing" but I admit "Longing For Lullabies" and "Heartbeat" sound very similar.

T

tommie

daavid said:
tommie said:

But what a trick!

Haven't listened to "Thank You For Nothing" but I admit "Longing For Lullabies" and "Heartbeat" sound very similar.

I really do like him, but the whole thing just leaves me a bit annoyed! Is everything he's recording going to sound like Heartbeat? It's a great song and all, but no repeated by 12!

Did you check out the linked streaming page? The rest of the songs do not sound like 'Heartbeat', two of them are amazing, and Thank You For Nothing isn't really similar to Lullabies.

Thank You for Nothing has that same bouncy-sounding beat, that's really all there is to it. I mean the whole Kleerup "idea" I think is that he sort of washes the distinctive female voice up in his soundscape (see: the second WEH video) and that is probably going to necessitate some similarity in the sound.

Of course that theory is shot to hell by the amazingness that is 3AM which sounds nothing like Heartbeat or Lullabies or Until We Bleed.

My only complaint, honestly, is the blatantly frightening promo photography and album art. I understand that Kleerup's forehead could possibly rival Rihanna's in size but that does not mean we should get photos that are CREEPY to distract from that fact.

Oh, I love Thank You for Nothing and Until We Bleed, though 3 AM is amazing too!
I wasn't really interested in album before but now I'm waiting for it so much! It must be very delicious!

popknark

tommie said:
popknark said:
It's number one in the Swedish collage radio airplay chart.

We have college radio airplay charts?

Yes indeed. It's called Studentradiolistan and is based on the airplay lists of K103 (Göteborg), Radio AF (Lund), Pite FM (Piteå), Rocket FM (Sthlm), Shore (Kalmar), THS Radio (Sthlm), Studentradion Falun (Falun), Umeå Studentradio (Umeå), Studentradion 98.9 (Uppsala), Studentradion (Växjö) och Radio Campus (Örebro).