Klô Pelgag | The Popjustice Forum

Klô Pelgag

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Remyky22, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Discovered her completely by accident the other week, but she blew my mind. A Canadian songstress, a weird mix of baroque pop, art pop, disco and... troubadour serenades? I don't know.

This album came out in July and it was inspired by a Canadian village that it takes its name from, which apparently deeply disturbed her and led her to recording the whole thing over there. It is also a big musical thing for her, as she took way more creative direction and in one interview she related it to growing more comfortable with her gender.
    There are several major bops, like À l'ombre des cyprès is out of this world amazing, but I think she shines even better on ballads, the second half of the album is something else. I don't know which song to recommend as representative, as the album switches style incredibly well, but Umami and Remora might have a bit of everything, so I'll leave one of them. Her debut is also quite great, but I think this one is a lot better and a lot more accessible.

enjoy and Glenolabar like this.
  2. I am obsessed with Remora and Melamine. The rest of record needs more time, mostly because of the language barrier, but it is obvious to me that, this is a brilliant record.

Remyky22 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.