Koda Kumi - General Discussion | Page 137 | The Popjustice Forum

Koda Kumi - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Mar 10, 2007.

1. You're very welcome.

cookiedough likes this.
  2. The next episode of Aimu Sora's Club with Kuu is up!

cookiedough likes this.
  3. Can't wait to check out those interviews!

I had a dream last night that Kumi covered Be Our Guest and, in line with my opinions of her Disney covers, I wasn't a fan haha.

evilsin and cookiedough like this.
  4. The Hungary moment sent me. That and reacting to the 20 year old fan’s letter. I also liked the discussion of the person VS the artist - really interesting stuff. And some great nuggets of wisdom too. Loving those!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    Gintoki and evilsin like this.
  5. I'm enjoying these interviews so much. She really is the sweetest. Sadly my two questions were left unanswered, dddd.

cookiedough likes this.
  6. Awww, gutted, I was hoping your questions would be answered! What were they out of interest?

I've actually not seen many (any?) interviews with Kumi so I loved watching these. She is so lovely and cute!

evilsin and cookiedough like this.
  7. I asked what were her fave songs from her vast discography and the second question was, since I wanted to be a bit messy, "why aren't you performing "JUICY"?", dddd.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  8. Great questions! I like hearing what artists favourite songs are outside of the staples.

evilsin likes this.
  9. ‘Killer monsteR’ got a dance-version MV. Dare I say, I prefer it over the original? Not that they’re hugely different but this one looks more consistent throughout and doesn’t have short clips of the other underused scenes inserted throughout.

evilsin likes this.
  10. Somehow it looks smoother, like it has different FPS compared to the original.

cookiedough likes this.
  11. Part 3 of Sora’s special club - theme this time is: concerts!

Related IG:

evilsin and RUNAWAY like this.
  12. I love how hands-on she is with every aspect of her shows. Thank you for posting, @cookiedough.

RUNAWAY and cookiedough like this.
  13. They picked some great concert moments, too. I was low-key hoping they would throw in your question about wth she isn’t performing JUICY ddd.

evilsin likes this.
  14. The last part of the interview is up.

RUNAWAY and cookiedough like this.
  15. I'm so emotional after this episode. God, I love this woman so much.
    Also, apparently, we'll be getting an extra episode on 31st!

cookiedough likes this.
  16. Another great one! So much to unpack - for one I would never have clocked the affection <> XXKK connection. I loved hearing about the L/R recording process and how she did everything from home, as well her take on some of the themes/lyrics on the new album or how she chose songs she wanted to record then went to the label to have an album released. This series has been the best thing, the interviewer was so good and I appreciate the efforts in making the content available in English.

evilsin likes this.
  17. Oh yeah. He's definitely a fan and it shows. I loved the fact that Kuu recoreded "XXKK" just for herself, that's an amazingly refreshing approach. Also both minis just keep on growing on me and I'm pretty sure I already prefer it over at least the last 2 albums.

cookiedough likes this.
  18. I'm watching Kuu's interviews with Sora and I love how invested she is in them! I've loved her since I found her, but since it's so hard to find interviews with English subtitles that don't get taken down, I never got to see how funny she is!

Also, I'd never heard of the Aimu Sora Club before, but I'm going to be checking out his stuff as well. He's so wholesome.

evilsin likes this.
  19. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

I don't have time to watch the last part but can someone let me know what the connection between affection and XXKK is? Also, is Sora a real person just with an animated persona, or is he an AI/vocaloid character or what?

evilsin likes this.
  20. I think it's the former, his speech is just too natural to be an AI.

RUNAWAY and evilsin like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.