Koda Kumi - General Discussion | Page 138 | The Popjustice Forum

Koda Kumi - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Mar 10, 2007.

1. The mirror ball outfit/imagery in the XXKK video, which she describes as her signature 20 year anniversary song, was meant a reference to affection’s cover.
    AKA:
    "After a long night of recording, listeners didn't like affection so avex had gutted me and set me on fire. But you know I didn't die. I had crystallized. And now I'm a glamazon, bitch, ready for the runway."

RUNAWAY and evilsin like this.
  2. The mirrorballs around her on the "affection"'s cover and now she's herself the mirrorball in the music video for "XXKK". And Aimu is a VTuber - he's a real person who uses software and a camera to make him look like an anime avatar.

otenkiame and RUNAWAY like this.
  3. They put in the extra questions into the extra episode and she answered my question and said my name! I'm in tears. What an amazing New Year's present.

Crisp X, Monkey0, Osiris and 3 others like this.
  4. I’m so thrilled for you, @evilsin! What an amazing end of year gift!

evilsin likes this.
  5. Aww that’s really sweet, happy for you @evilsin

evilsin likes this.
  6. Thanks! I can't believe this actually happened.

Crisp X likes this.
  7. It's been awhile, eh? We're getting the "MY NAME IS..." tour DVD on Match 10th. Looks like we'll be getting a music video for "Lucky Star" as one of the more interesting extras. Also not the fanclub edition totalling at 24,200 yen, Jesus!
    https://rhythmzone.net/koda/news/detail.php?id=1089783

Moreover they are starting to sell some premium goods, which are nice an all, but like... expensive.
    https://rhythmzone.net/koda/news/detail.php?id=1089798

An just for fun, I've remembered @V3RYP05H suggesting making our own "MY NAME IS..." tracklist from the TOP songs from all Parts of the rate, so we have something like this, if we put them by their placements.

01 SHAKE IT
    02 Under
    03 UNIVERSE
    04 HUSH
    05 EX TAPE
    06 real Emotion
    07 JUICY
    08 ECSTASY
    09 Selfish
    10 Driving
    11 TOUCH DOWN
    12 Shhh!
    13 HOT HOT
    14 Cutie Honey
    15 BUT
    16 Lollipop
    17 SO FEVER
    18 NO TRICKS
    19 TABOO
    20 KO-SO-KO-SO
    21 W FACE

Bops galore with no ballads or much sequencing apart from the rate's placement because I can't really be bothered, dddd. Should probably make one for the ballads as well, hm?

V3RYP05H, Crisp X, Rantaro and 4 others like this.
  8. The stage would explode if she had this track list!

V3RYP05H, evilsin and cookiedough like this.
  9. Well damn, MY NAME IS... [Popjustice ver.] slaps. Genuinely surprised none of her early ballads made the list though.

evilsin likes this.
  10. Sadly, the highest the ballads has ever gone was #9 in Part I ("1000 no Kotoba") and Part II ("Aishou"). Will do the ballad edition soon, if I don't forget about it, dddd.

11. This tracklist:
    [​IMG]
    I’m booking tickets straight to Japan if she ever does something similar in a concert. We need another YouTube interview to pitch the idea nn.

V3RYP05H and evilsin like this.
  12. New KANSAI collection live with A LOOK:

1. XXKK
    2. DO ME
    3. Megumi no hito
    4. WIND
    5. OMG

mi|kshake, Monkey0 and evilsin like this.
  13. The current hair reminds me of "DNA".

Okay, so the best ballads selection we were talking about:

01 Promise
    02 walk
    03 Ai no Uta
    04 You're So Beautiful
    05 Yorokobi no Kakera
    06 Gentle Words
    07 Moon Crying
    08 Ai wo Tomenaide
    09 Aenaku Naru Kurai Nara
    10 hands
    11 Yume no Uta
    12 Suki de, Suki de, Suki de.
    13 Promise you
    14 the meaning of peace with BoA
    15 you
    16 Anata Dake ga
    17 On And On
    18 1000 no Kotoba
    19 Aishou
    20 No Way
    21 WALK OF MY LIFE

So it looks kinda like this, but heavily depends on what you consider a ballad. I personally always had a clear divide between the ballads and mid-tempos, while other people say that mid-tempos are ballads as well. Having said that, if we consider more mid-tempos for this, this won't change that much.

V3RYP05H, mi|kshake, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  14. Just vibing and driving around with Gackt:

[​IMG]

Monkey0, mi|kshake and evilsin like this.
  15. Gackt spoofing James Corden? We love to see it.

mi|kshake and cookiedough like this.
  16. for... clicked with me the other day. Getting Feel My Mind & Secret vibes which is making me all nostalgic!

Surprisingly I actually think angel is my favourite of the 2 minis!

evilsin likes this.
  17. "for..." definitely has this nostalgic feeling to it, which works for it quite nicely, yes. And as for the favorite mini of the 2, I can't really decide because I've made a playlist of both of them together and, like, the only song that doesn't particularly grown on me here is "Sing the truth", dddd.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    V3RYP05H and mi|kshake like this.
  18. Nothing really exciting has been happening lately, but we did get some stunning shoots and a live in an airplane hanger(?). Anyway, this is cute.

Also, Kuu posted pics from the studio with TIGER, who wrote some amazing R'n'B-leaning songs for the likes of Namie and YA-KYIM, and she said that TIGER provided vocals for the new song, which is pretty exciting to me.

Yeziirl, cookiedough, Osiris and 3 others like this.
  19. T-T I am absolutely FEENING for some new KK music so I am ready.

Same, though my answer definitely leans closer to monsteR.

evilsin and mi|kshake like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.