Koda Kumi - General Discussion | Page 139 | The Popjustice Forum

Koda Kumi - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Can’t wait. Looks like "We’ll be OK" is getting a video. Considering the release at the end of the month, we’ll hopefully see it soon. Looking forward to new music.

I like the summery visuals in those pics on her website so far.

mi|kshake and evilsin like this.
  2. She looks great, I'm ready to bathe in all the positivitea. I also want to be as happy as she looks in the cover.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    mi|kshake and cookiedough like this.
  3. The song got its premier on the radio. It's nice, I like how classy it sounds with the instrumental. Not sure about the trumpets yet.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    mi|kshake, New Flame and cookiedough like this.
  4. Miss Kumi looking gorgeina for her FNS appearance:

evilsin, Crisp X and Kaz D'Oerba like this.
  5. Kuu and BACK-ON (her husband's band) are collaborating as "blank paper" for anime "Kyoukai Senki". The song's title is "enemy" and is slated for autumn.

Sounds like a pretty standard anime song, but it's cute that they decided to collab like that considering how close they've been working for some time now.

mi|kshake and cookiedough like this.
  6. We have a preview of the music video for "We'll be OK".

New Flame and cookiedough like this.
  7. The music video is going to premier in less that 24 hours.

cookiedough, RUNAWAY and mi|kshake like this.
  8. And here's the song.

cookiedough likes this.
  9. The music video just premiered. It's cute, but still has some classic chaotic Kuu energy to it. I had a mini anxiety attack seeing her run down the stairs in heels after the balls flew everywhere. We also got Kloop.

10. Looking forward to watching it when I get home! Could do without Kloop though!

11. It’s a cute and fun bop, and I like the video! The preview had me wondering whether we’d only see the garden scenes, but I was happy to see different scenes around the house too.

They did a great job making the video interesting just out of this one location, with fun little details and activities here and there to keep it interesting.
    This scene gives me low key chaotic renting an Airbnb to trash it energy dd.

[​IMG]

RUNAWAY, evilsin and New Flame like this.
  12. She's serving, your honor. Looks like a sequel to "Killer Monster" visually.

13. She had me at "dance tune" and "HOT BEAT"!

mi|kshake, Osiris, New Flame and 2 others like this.
  14. And we're getting it in a week! Hopefully simultaneously with the music video.

mi|kshake likes this.
  15. Her management page have a short (instrumental?) preview up on their Instagram stories. It sounds in line with the description above, and while it’s too early to tell for sure, I’m really liking the sound so far:

Edit: that clip is from a remix of Hot Hot, not the new track nn.

New pic also, "Queen" indeed!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  16. It was premiered on the radio ahead of the release. Apparently it was produced by UTA yay!, and it's nothing particularly new, but it does remind me of "Shhh!", which is good in my book.

cookiedough likes this.
  17. The music video premiers tomorrow.

And it's out on Spotify.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  18. The music video just premiered. It's okay, mostly her dancing. Screaming at how tiny she is compared to the male dancers.

19. It’s okay. I just heard the single before this one and it’s okay too. I hope the next one is an absolute slapper.

mi|kshake likes this.
  20. I also totally forgot to post that the girl who won the competition, that Kumi was a judge of, released her first song, which was written by Kumi herself.

We also got the cover and the title of the single when it's going to be released physically. People on Twitter hate both the cover and the title, but I think it's fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    cookiedough and mi|kshake like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.