Koda Kumi | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

Koda Kumi

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Re: Koda Kumi - New single "Pop Diva" (February 2nd)

She's releasing a new single on February 2nd: "Pop Diva".

Oh Kuu... It better be amazing with a title like that!

2. 3Xs

3Xs

Re: Koda Kumi - New single "Pop Diva" (February 2nd)

Just found out about the new single. Sooooooooooooo excited to hear it's an uptempo dance number. ABOUT TIME GIRL!

She better come through on this.

3. Re: Koda Kumi - New single "Pop Diva" (February 2nd)

Hmmm, I think I like it. It's quite shouty, whether thats a good thing or not though... Sounds like a grower anyway, like Lollipop.

4. Re: Koda Kumi - New single "Pop Diva" (February 2nd)

It's like the japanese Only Girl! (Not really, but I get that from it). The covers are freaking horrible, but anything is better than the last round up of singles.

5. Re: Koda Kumi - New single "Pop Diva" (February 2nd)

Well, she looks rather sexy so that's a good sign, I guess. No sugar sweet bubblegum pop in sight so far...

6. 3Xs

3Xs

Not feeling the sound of it from the short clip, especially that auto-tune kills me. I'll wait to hear the full thing though.

Covers are nice enough.

7. 3Xs

3Xs

8. Re: Koda Kumi - New single "Pop Diva" (February 2nd)

Her engrish is priceless!

9. 3Xs

3Xs

10. Re: Koda Kumi - New single "Pop Diva" (February 2nd)

At first I was like "what the hell..." but by the end I love it! I want one of those things like now. And I think it's perfect for Britney. Imagine Brit on tour in one of those riding and throwing legs up in the air. Hilarious!

11. 3Xs

3Xs

Pop Diva is being used in a new CM for LIVE DAM.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUTMObAZIMY

Basically the same clip we got from her website. I wonder if that's part of the PV or just for the commercial.

12. Re: Koda Kumi - New single "Pop Diva" (February 2nd)

Better than the Kouhaku performance but she needs to work on her medleys! They are so messy and lack good transitions.

13. Re: Koda Kumi - New single "Pop Diva" (February 2nd)

It's weird... I love parts of it, but other parts I find kinda messy. I really like the backing music, it is a little Ke$ha, reminds me more of Far East Movement though.

14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Like A G6

15. 3Xs

3Xs

Meh, not crazy for this. It's catchy, but I can't really say anything else about it is blowing me away on first listen. Maybe the PV will change my mind.

16. Re: Koda Kumi - New single "Pop Diva" (February 2nd)

I love this.

17. Re: Koda Kumi - New single "Pop Diva" (February 2nd)

Hmmm... Well, it's not bubblegum-ish so that's an immediate plus. I'm not sure what to think about it. It's like there's a really hot song in there screaming to get out but it's too messy or something. I like the instrumental but the melody and vocals aren't great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.