Konichiwa Bitches: The Robyn Rate | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

Konichiwa Bitches: The Robyn Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by aux, Sep 30, 2019.

?

What's the best Robyn album?

1. Robyn Is Here

2. My Truth

3. Don't Stop The Music

4. Robyn

5. Body Talk

6. Do It Again

7. Love Is Free

8. Honey

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. @aux sis these artworks

[​IMG]

2. How is really great. I really really love that song.

Untouchable Ace, evilsin and aux like this.
  3. aux

aux

Thanks sis xx
    I’m glad to hear someone does!

4. Dddd nope. I don't wanna say never, but it's very unlikely.

aux, evilsin and Maki like this.
  5. Well if you participate in the BPG2019 rate you have "ME!" right there.

Maki, RUNAWAY, Music Is Life and 2 others like this.
  6. Thank you! Although this will always be my reaction:
    Both very basic and unremarkable filler that didn't deserve to do better than this. I appreciate the 'tropical' production of "In My Heart" and the hook in "How", but that's about it.

"Robyn Is Here", "Do You Really Want Me (Show Respect)" and "That Could Have Been Me" next, please (along with a few other songs I'm not naming yet).

RUNAWAY, berserkboi, Cutlery and 2 others like this.
  7. aux

aux

Also, on the note of artwork, if any of you know where to find or have any images of Robyn from the first three albums, I’d greatly appreciate it. I am really struggling to find images of her from those eras, hence why I’m doing blank promotional material for most artwork.

Slice of Life, evilsin, Maki and 2 others like this.
  8. Fan sites usually have a "pictures" section and sometimes they are divided by era. I'd need to check Miss Google tho.

Maki and aux like this.
  9. I definitely plan on participating (to the chagrin of probably both hosts) and I honestly have no idea how I'm going to rate that song.

Verandi likes this.
  10. I have.

Music Is Life likes this.
  11. Off-topic but I'll be shocked if PEE! doesn't get at least 50 0's

Music Is Life and RUNAWAY like this.
  12. I wanted to highlight that unique aproach for the artworks.
    You really tricked me into thinking that for example "Long Gone" and "Regntunga Skyar" were released as some type of promo single until I did research.
    Good job!
    Like @Verandi said, sometimes there are those fan site galleries, but I wasn't able to find one for Robyn, unfortunately.

On a similar note, the biggest fan gallery with a ton of HQ images of No Doubt (I plan to a discography rate for them soon) doesn't exist anymore. Luckily, there are a few more galleries with many precious images of the band.

berserkboi, Untouchable Ace and aux like this.
  13. [​IMG]

That's right, you have me to proudly doing the song eliminations tonight, aren't you lucky? And without further ado, let's get into it...

[​IMG]

92. Don’t Want You Back 5.939

Highest: 10x1

Lowest: 2x1 (Casually Crazed)

My score: 6

Our first 10 of the rate gone and I’m surprised that we didn’t get one leave sooner if I’m being honest. But here we are with Don’t Want You Back, like most of Robyn’s early stuff I just didn’t really care about it.

@daninternational l : says “eh” I feel you on that whereas @Maki gives praise again calling it “laid-back and groovy”

@Le Bratt is a bit indifferent towards it saying: “The production and melodies start to sound the same as the beginning of the album. This is just a bit too faceless for me. “ However, @br0dy has high praises for the song: It's a decent album track, I do like the production with the talkbox flourishes etc”​

14. The iconique debut getting slaughtered before more of the extras/My Truth is not ideal but not surprising all the same.

br0dy, RUNAWAY, OspreyQueen and 2 others like this.
  15. The garbage debut getting slaughtered before any other section is ideal and not surprising

Aester, aux, Stopremix and 1 other person like this.
  16. Not an ideal elimination, as it's one of my better rated songs from that album (I prefer it to all of the singles), but I'm not really bothered by anything from her debut anymore, since "Here We Go" and "Just Another Girlfriend" were already eliminated.
    The boring title-track should've left instead.

Umm... I think @Seventeen Days lost their first with "Underneath the Heart" before we even hit top 100.
    And who gave "Don't Want You Back" a 10?

My full commentary of "Don't Want You Back", which received a 7,25 from me:
    I like how laid-back and groovy this song gets in the chorus. Robyn's delivery is also convincing. Another song where the backing vocals shine, and another song where I would cut about 30 seconds off the end.

Music Is Life, soratami and aux like this.
  17. Wow, Long Gone deserved much better. It's actually my favourite from My Truth, I love how mellow it is.

18. Robyns earlier tracks are getting a battering, but outside of Where Did Our Love Go and Underneath The Heart, the better tracks are still standing. Still, unless its Bumpy Ride or 88 Days, lets look elsewhere for a while.

Untouchable Ace and br0dy like this.
  19. aux

aux

Whilst we wait for @Aidan to eliminate some tracks, enjoy this cover xx

20. That was so nice.

Here's my favorite Robyn cover, mostly because it was so unexpected:

And I think they were actually doing it as an encore song for a while. What a tribute.
    (And I'm not ashamed to admit I have an occasional thing for a dad rock power ballad. Especially when it's so fucking real.)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.