Korean movies/ dramas | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Korean movies/ dramas

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Mikl C, Jun 22, 2012.

1. My D.O movies session continued with me finally watching Along With the Gods and it's pretty impressive, the story and execution are ridiculously good. Can't wait for part 2!

Also Kyungsoo really, really only gets better in his acting. I was amazed with what he managed to do with such a small role.

junglefish and Slice of Life like this.
  2. @Slice of Life I just saw your commentary

You stan Dae Jang Geum too??? It's like one of my most favorite shows of all time.

Slice of Life likes this.
  3. Dddddddd I don't think I saw the whole show but I stanned Jang Geum so much. A true trailblazing unnie.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  4. Dae Jang Geum is a classic Korean drama. I think that it was around that time when K-Dramas started expanding overseas.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  5. Yeah it single-handedly made K-drama relevant here (in the Middle East). The rating it had in Iran was more than its rating in SK (I remember it was like 60%).

I still remember the stress that 7-8 years old me had during Jang Geum vs Mrs Choi cooking competition to see whose food the King likes more.

junglefish and Slice of Life like this.
  6. Is anyone watching Saimdang, Memoirs of Colours? I've only just started and damn, I already feel her pain.

7. I watched the first 3-4 episodes and it was good but I couldn't keep up with episodes for some reasons and the comments that I read for later episodes were saying it got boring after a few episodes so I stopped watching it.

Tell me if you thought it's still good after a few episodes. I might give it another try.

8. The only issue for me is that each episode is 1 hour long. It's the same with other dramas, I never stick to it for long. I still have the remaining 6 or 7 episodes of Fight for My Way to watch.

I felt it was a bit dramatic at the beginning with her dismissal but I guess it sets the tone for the remainder of the drama. The professor is a knob.

9. So after two decades a few months, I finally finished Age of Youth 2. And I loved it so much. Tagging my Age of Youth unnies, @Deja-Boo and @vikeyeol. Did y'all watch the show? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

If y'all love shows about female friendships, I can't recommend the show enough. So I'm recommending this (and the first season too, of course) to @ohnostalgia, @eccentricsimply and @Vixen. xoxo

ohnostalgia, Vixen and Ceir like this.
  10. I'm watching the first season now, because it's on Netflix in the US.

Shampoo unnie triggers me everytime she appears.

Slice of Life likes this.
  11. Ddddddddddddd I'm gonna wait for your review after you finished the season. x

Ceir likes this.
  12. I watched the first episode when it came out and then forgot about it ddd
    I'll binge watch it one of these days.

Slice of Life and Ceir like this.
  13. Still on my D.O movies watch, just watched Swing Kids. The dancing scenes are amazing and the movie is actually pretty cool, but holy shit the last fifteen minutes actually left me speechless.

14. I started watching My First First Love on Netflix (featuring a certain Jung Chaeyeon) last night and I'm really enjoying it. The first episode had me laughing out loud quite a few times. I love the premise of six people accidentally getting together for similar but really different reasons. The end of episode 2 had me bawling like a baby for some reason. Chaeyeon really knew how to tug at my heartstrings in that scene.

15. Can someone recommend me some good psychological/thriller drama....with lots of plot twist?
    I didn't watch any Korean/Japanese drama for a long time because I constantly watch animes and now I'm really in a mood for it.

Seger likes this.
  16. Mr. Sunshine is epic. Literally.
    But it's a turn-of-the-century (19th to 20th) period piece, so get ready for lots of historical stuff, too. (Which I am a total sucker for.) Mostly as a backdrop. Oh, and Confucianistic culture shock.

Gintoki likes this.
  17. Thanks for recommendations, will try it.
    I started Sky Castle because of the whole hype....and Taeyeon's parody....but I totally forgot that Korean gp have awful taste, so yeah not my cup of tea.
    Probably gonna try Kingdom because the synopsis sounds interesting....and of course Bae Doona.

18. Kingdom is a zombie series. I was a little disappointed by that, but you might like it.

19. Ddddddd I LOVED SKY CASTLE. It is so messy.

Try older ones though. My absolute favourite Korean drama is Signal and I can't recommend it enough.

Gintoki likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.