KPB♡2022 | Now Loading... KPB Classique 18-19

Which team are you on?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Oops, forgot to mention we would be losing an 11 next...

"I won't be able to wait for much longer
No, don't look at them, look at me
Don't look away from me, babe
You choose, one of nine
"

1-of-9.png

1 of 9 ♡ YOUNITE
Team Sweet · Submitted by @askew

Highest Scores:
(@askew) / 10 (@ysev, @Attis) / 9 (@Slice of Life, @leedlelee...)
8.75 (@RUNAWAY) / 8 (@chrisjche, @Untouchable Ace, @nikkysan)

Lowest Scores:
(@TéléDex) / 4.5 (@eccentricsimply)
4 (@soratami, @Glitterizer) / 3.5 (@Wills)

My Score: 4

Leaderboard Evolution:

37 ⬂ 38 ⇨ 38 ⬂ 42

Not me and @Wills being on the same page as @soratami on a song like this. My rate is bringing people together! The song that managed such a feat was 1 of 9, by rookie boygroup YOUNITE. Apparently this was one of two title tracks on their debut mini album, but I think this is supposed to be the actual lead single since the other song was released before the mini and is some sort of DJ collab, while 1 of 9 feels more traditional. This group also features the last member of disgraced project group X1 to debut again, Eunsang.

Y’all, I’m sure this was supposed to check all my bias boxes with the cute pastel rainbow MV and all, but it does absolutely nothing for me. It’s just sooo one-note and lacking energy? It feels like a bunch of pleasant enough bits of melody pasted together, but I don’t find anything substantial enough to actually sink my teeth into. @Christopher (6) hits the nail on the head: “This is pleasant, but the pre-chorus takes me out, and the chorus is too similar to the verses to really make this track stand out.” Another voter, @enjoy (6.5), also sums up my feelings about this song: “A bit pedestrian unfortunately. I'm bopping but it really does not stand out from the line up and i feel like i listen this song every year from different groups nn.”

Speaking of different groups, lowest scorer @Wills (3.5) doesn’t hold back: “VERIVERY was stronger in 2022 than they've been in years, so naturally we celebrate by rating a tepid facsimile of their debut by a completely different group. 1 of 9 must refer to how many of Brand New Music's groups have any merit, but BDC seems to have been shelved, so it looks like we're down to 0 of 8.” Fffffff oh my god. I gotta give it to them though, the actual concept of the title and lyrics is kinda unique and funny, I think it's literally asking the listener to pick one of them, fighting for your attention? Very fanservice-y, but cute.

@boom bazooka joe (7) sees potential “A solid song ruined by a kind of bad bridge.” while @chrisjche (8) stans lightly: “The production on this is really nice, the horns are super warm and the harmonies are really full on the chorus.” Warm is a good word for this, but I’m not sure about full. @MmmDani (7.5) deems the track “Sweet without too much sugar.” which is funny because second-highest scorer @Attis (10) says “I love eating literal sugar” dddddd Sorry but to me this is more like eating straight stevia.

sweet-separator.png

Last edited:

Ooh, this is a good one...

KING #19

hongseokc.png

Hongseok ♡ PENTAGON
Yang Hongseok · 양홍석

28 years old
5'11" (181 cm)
from South Korea

Voters:
pts (@KimLippington) [K]
14 pts (@Attis) [K]
1 pt (@ohdenny) [P]

This is Hongseok, lead vocalist from PENTAGON, who first became known for appearing in YG Entertainment's survival show MIX&MATCH, where he was eliminated in the final episode, failing to debut as a member of iKON. In late 2016, now no longer with YG, he participated in the Mnet reality survival show Pentagon Maker, this time succeeding in his goal of debuting.

Anyway, do I even need to say anything about his looks? I mean, it wasn't hard at all to find the best pics for this collage, he's really been quenching the thirsty ffff His amazing physique landed him a cover photoshoot for Men's Health Korea (I linked the behind the scenes below hehe), but he also looks really cute and fluffy when he's got a shirt on, especially with the longer hair. It's the doll-like lips!

separator.png

Last edited:
“VERIVERY was stronger in 2022 than they've been in years, so naturally we celebrate by rating a tepid facsimile of their debut by a completely different group. 1 of 9 must refer to how many of Brand New Music's groups have any merit, but BDC seems to have been shelved, so it looks like we're down to 0 of 8.”
I love when @Wills is rotted he has such a way with words. Not a disappointing elimination at all!

Hongseok is hot and that feet pic is *chefs kiss* more of that bestie!