KPB♡2022 | Now Loading... KPB Classique 18-19

Which team are you on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Forgot to post this announcement here, oops.

We are having a special edition of KPB later this year!

K-Pop Boys Rate:
The Lost Years
2015 · 2016 · 2017 · 2018 · 2019

Since I only started doing KPB for songs from 2020 onwards, I couldn't help but wonder what results would have looked if it had started earlier. There were so many great songs released before then that are still iconic and talked about here to this day! I needed a specific timeframe, so I picked the upper half of the last decade, for two reasons: 1. Most of it is covered by KPJ Charts, which made song selection easier (more on that below) and 2. Most of the songs will naturally be by 3rd and 4th generation acts, which are the most relevant/popular in the forum currently, and will be familiar to voters, still sounding relatively modern.

There will be a single playlist of 35~50* SONGS total, which will all be scored and eliminated in order as one group, but by the end we will have officially crowned 5 winners (the highest scored song for each year), including the ultimate winner among them. 25 of the songs were pre-selected by me using the existing KPJ Charts data:

Criteria: minimum of 75 chart points, maximum 10 songs per year

Boy With Luv / BTS
CROWN / TXT
Famous / Taemin
Jopping / SuperM
Nine and 3 Quarters (Run Away) / TXT
Obsession / EXO
SUNSET / KNK
Under Cover / A.C.E
WANT / Taemin
You Calling My Name / GOT7

Baby Don't Stop
/ NCT U
Blooming Day / EXO-CBX
Countless / SHINee
Good Evening / SHINee
Love Shot / EXO
Now or Never / SF9
One of Those Nights / Key
Shine / PENTAGON
Tempo / EXO
Under My Skin / Taemin

Callin'
/ A.C.E
Don't Wanna Cry / SEVENTEEN
Ko Ko Bop / EXO
MOVE / Taemin
Power / EXO

(The KPJ charts only covered a few months and no song reached 75 points)

(KPJ Charts didn't exist yet)

The 10~25* remaining songs will be a collective Boy Boost of sorts: I will ask everyone to send me a ballot of their Top 10 favorite boy group / male soloist songs released between 2015 to 2019.

20 pts: SONG / ARTIST (YEAR)
18 pts: SONG / ARTIST (YEAR)
16 pts: SONG / ARTIST(YEAR)
14 pts: SONG / ARTIST(YEAR)
12 pts: SONG / ARTIST(YEAR)
9 pts: SONG / ARTIST(YEAR)
7 pts: SONG / ARTIST(YEAR)
5 pts: SONG / ARTIST(YEAR)
3 pts: SONG / ARTIST(YEAR)
1 pts: SONG / ARTIST(YEAR)

The final playlist will not necessarily have an equal number of songs per year, since some were naturally stronger than others, however, since '15 and '16 haven't been touched by the chart pre-selection, I will request that you guys include at least one song from each of those years in your ballot.

Also, I don't discourage submitting b-sides, but if you do include one then try to make sure you won't be the only one voting for it.

You don't need to fill the entire ballot!

If you'd like help with what to submit, here's the full spreadsheet with every (male) release that charted on KPJ during the time period: LINK

I'm accepting ballot submissions starting from now, but I will message everyone a few weeks before the voting period opens to officially request one. I'm aiming for this to start once I'm done with KPB22, so probably somewhere between July~September. I look forward to KPB regulars' participation (as well as any and all newcomers) ♡

Many thanks to @Untouchable Ace for planting the seed of this idea in my head hehe

*The final total amount of songs will depend on how the Boy Boost submission process goes:
the more songs prove to be popular and voted by multiple people, the more songs the final rate will have (min 35, max 50)

k-pop-blow-a-kiss.gif

Lemme throw it under a spoiler because I got a little carried away dd

Feel like pure shit just want excellent boy groups back x

Last edited:
Mikrokosmos is definitely another of those times were a song transcended its b-side status into becoming a staple.

Isn’t it ironic how slayful boy groups were during the years this forum basically acted like they didn’t exist dghffjjfks
That was exactly my thought process for why this needed to happen. They deserve to be retroactively crowned!
Also the way this will be all killer no filler is sure to offset any underwhelm from the '22 edition... It's basically an All Stars season.