KPB♡2022 | Now Loading... KPB Classique 18-19

Which team are you on?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I know I'm late but there's something about the way Juyeon looks... I know he's capable of commiting unspeakable atrocities.

He absolutely can commit that to me

FVzXNWu.gif

"And now begin with that blast
Let me take you take you there
That is the beginning of everything
When you’re free from any prejudicе
"
begin.png

Begin ♡ YooJung (OnlyOneOf)
Team Sweet · Boy Boosted by @boom bazooka joe

Highest Scores:
11 (@boom bazooka joe)
.5 (@askew, @nikkysan) / 9 (@soratami)
8.75 (@Untouchable Ace)

Lowest Scores:
(@Wills, @enjoy, @Attis)
5 (@Salami) / 4 (@Macsun)

My Score: 8

Leaderboard Evolution:

8 ⬂ 18 ⬂ 25 ⬂ 27

Oof, I expected this to go a bit further! Begin is a solo single by YooJung, a member of OnlyOneOf, and was the first part of the undergrOund idOl series of solos. I really like this soaring, more anthemic sound! It still has a bit of that signature OOO crunch and edge, but delivered in a more straightforward, melodic way. The lyrics were mostly written by two other members, Nine and KB, who also participated in production, and the latter is also the love interest in the music video!

Well let’s see what you rotted ghouls had to say about it! @Macsun (4) utters: “This. Is. Not. It.” OK! @Salami (5) would have preferred KB’s solo: “This is so bang average. But I let the MV play in the background while I was working and another of their songs came up (the dark-haired one, I'm not really sure what's going on as the MV is basically the same) and that song was much better. It's called 'be free' FYI.” Oh, these solos came in the form of three gay couple storylines, each consisting of a pair of songs that also showed two different POVs of the same story in their music videos. Here’s the description under this one:

“Among the countless lovers in the world, there are also lovers that couldn’t be blessed. For whatever reasons. Religious reasons, things like parents’ disapproval. I dedicate this song to all those lovers that couldn’t be blessed.”

Aww! The group has fully embraced their popularity with the alphabet people, and it all feels very respectful and genuine. Recently a lesbian couple even got engaged at one of their concerts, and it was such a cute, emotional moment! In keeping with the message and theme, I like how the song manages to feel bright and uplifting but there’s still an undercurrent of sadness and trouble ("I hate this city"), cause it still fucking sucks to be queer a lot of the times.

Back to commentary, @enjoy (6) says: “Cute i guess. Really, i don't remember anything from this.” and @Wills (6) is struggling: “Yeah, this group just isn't for me – I like parts of this, but the relentless murkiness kills it” Nñn NO SHADE meant but considering a certain pair of songs in the rate I know you stan (and I do too), complaining about murkiness feels… interesting! Kii.

@chrisjche (8.5) stans a bitsy: “I had never heard this prior to the rate (I really need to take the time to dive into this group)...but what a cute music video! The song has some great production elements, super intense and balances his breathy vocals well.” Exactly, exactly! @Untouchable Ace (8.75) comments: “the production is so rich it needs a better tune in spots” Our resident ultimate lyOn @boom bazooka joe (11) appreciates this love letter to the community: “The entire undergrOund idOl series is very important and special to me, and it all started with this stunner.”

sweet-separator.png

PRINCE #11

nine.png

Nine ♡ OnlyOneOf
Jung Wookjin · 정욱진

23 years old
5'10" (177 cm)
from South Korea

Voters:
pts (@boom bazooka joe) [P]
11 pts (@Glitterizer) [P]
1 pt (@nikkysan) [P]

Oh, it's a bad day for Joey... losing his Boy Boost and 11, and now also his 25-pointer: Nine from OnlyOneOf! Another cutie with doll-like, pouty lips, but don't let that fool you... this pretty boy also has chiseled abs! He's definitely my favorite OOO guy. Sorry Junji, I'm just in my twink-lover era now that I am facing the expiration date for being called one myself!

separator.png

he/him
@Wills (6) is struggling: “Yeah, this group just isn't for me – I like parts of this, but the relentless murkiness kills it” Nñn NO SHADE meant but considering a certain pair of songs in the rate I know you stan (and I do too), complaining about murkiness feels… interesting! Kii.
sjfhgd wait do you mean RoaD-B?? I more meant murkiness as a deliberate aesthetic choice rather than as a budgetary restriction

That leaderboard evolution is rough. I didn’t have any commentary for this but I gave it an 8. I just watched the six videos in the ”be” series and they’re all pretty excellent aren’t they? I’ve been obsessed with Skinz since it’s insanely premature elimination and I didn’t know that this was an OnlyOneOf member until just now. This group is very special. I really think both of these tracks deserved to make it to the top half.

That leaderboard evolution is rough. I didn’t have any commentary for this but I gave it an 8. I just watched the six videos in the ”be” series and they’re all pretty excellent aren’t they? I’ve been obsessed with Skinz since it’s insanely premature elimination and I didn’t know that this was an OnlyOneOf member until just now. This group is very special. I really think both of these tracks deserved to make it to the top half.
THANK YOU!

Don’t worry, I’m probably submitting beyond next year since it came out in January.

I know we all like different stuff and some songs don’t click with people but I really don’t understand how Ballroom Extravaganza isn’t considered one of the best of last year. It might be one of my favourite songs from K-pop, I really can’t fault it.

he/him
I know we all like different stuff and some songs don’t click with people but I really don’t understand how Ballroom Extravaganza isn’t considered one of the best of last year. It might be one of my favourite songs from K-pop, I really can’t fault it.

It may just be that I’m Australian but that song is a dime-a-dozen on Australian radio and there’s nothing particularly interesting or good about it. I’m more surprised that people seem to enjoy it, when it’s more or less the antithesis of this forum’s tastes.