#KSO⚖Y2023: The K-Pop Song of the Year 2023 Rate | #24: "Brandy and Monica been really quiet since this dropped"

Wait I just realized that I also love the EL7Z UP song, I don’t agree with the haters! That chorus is gorgeous.

Honestly no idea how this rate will go. Bring it on, girlies!

Ps: ddd I also found it this is a Queendom group.

Last edited:
I'd like to let you all know that I'll be donating 10 grand to the #GetUnforgivenOut organization funds in hopes of building a better future for us all.

LegSKrm.gif

Last edited:

Slice of Life

Staff member
My nine year old laptop is CROAKING oh my god............

But shall we kill another Superjustice Song, unnies?

LET'S GO!

95.png

barbiedreams.gif

SUPERJUSTICE:
@Dangerous Maknae
HIGH: (11) @Wills (10) @boom bazooka joe, @Conan, @Dangerous Maknae, @eatyourself, @enjoy, @junglefish, @Sanctuary, @soratami, @TéléDex, @thommyh (9.5) @savilizabeths, @Slice of Life (9.25) @Oleander (9) @Crisp X, @GeiPanda
LOW: (0) @leedlelee..., @love choerry motion, @Shockbox (3) @roblognick (4) @chrisjche, @eliminathan, @Phonetics Girl, @Salami
MY SCORE: 9.5

LEADERBOARD JOURNEY:
10 voters: 64
20 voters: 89
30 voters: 96
40 voters: 95
50 voters: 93
52 voters: 95
Three 0s, ten 10s and one 11? The range!

Barbie Dreams is Fifty Fifty's contribution to Barbie the Album, the soundtrack to the film Barbie and features American rapper Kaliii. It was produced by Space Primates and features an interpolation of Janet Jackson's 1997 hit single Together Again.

To be honest, this was one of the more shocking results to me because I really didn't think people would have such intense feelings for a song like this, no shade. I thought, oh, this is quite the bop but because it's by a non-big 4 act, I think it's gonna rank at like, I don't know, maybe in the 60s? And then the votes and comments flooded in and oh my god, I got the biggest whiplash FFFFFF!

I personally rated this song without the context of the ongoing issue between the group and their management. But I totally understand if people couldn't get past that issue while rating the song. I do enjoy the song and while I think the Janet sample is doing the heavy lifting here, I can't help but bop. It's really that simple. As always, the Fifty Fifty girlies give a fantastic vocal performance. And Miss Kaliii's rap is fun too!

If you haven't still checked out Fifty Fifty's pre-Barbie Dreams (and pre-Cupid) music, I suggest you do so because you're seriously missing out. The Fifty is genuinely one of the best albums by a gen 4 act and it deserves the success Cupid got. Get into it!

THE JURY'S THOUGHTS:
@leedlelee... (0): "I hate the song, but the 0 is mostly because everything about this group gives me the ick now… ATTRAKT is auditioning new members to torture as I write this…" [Slicey: FFFFFF right, I already feel sorry for the future new members.]

@love choerry motion (0): "Maybe I should have gave it one point since there's one member left, but someone had to get a zero! Ignoring a boycott to submit this over Cupid is... a choice. You will cough 50 times in 50 days."

@Shockbox (0): "incredibly cheesy, sounds like music for pre-school children."

@roblognick (3): "Absolutely hate the way they've used the melody of Janet's Together Again. It's such a vocaloid sounding "kidz bop" too."

@chrisjche (4): "I'm amazed Janet (or her team) approved the use of this sample as they are notorious for being quite picky with that. I get what they were going for but this song is not for me."

@eliminathan (4): "Why does this song sound like it's on 2x speed. The good news is the faster they sing the faster this shite ends!"

@Salami (4): "So did they rip Janet off or did she agree to this? I kind of hope it's the first one...I've not seen Barbie so maybe this makes more sense in the film but it's not for me."

@aux (5): "Watch the Ava Max stans gobble this one up when its sample is a desecration of one of the best songs of all time." [Slicey: FFFFF messy heaux!]

@codecat (5): "This could have been great if that one random girl decided to camp it up with the GAUWRJUS GOWRJUS GORJUSSSS line please...don't be annoying we just went through a pandemic" [Slicey: Girl that is my favourite part of the song HELPPPP!]

@Cotton Park (5): "all of the time and energy, hopes and dreams, and this?"

@ThisIsRogue (8): "This is good but pales in comparison to the absolutely massive Cupid, which was delightful and dreamy and deserved its success. It's a shame that greed ruined it for everyone."

@ysev (8): "Jae-neut unnie paved the way." [Slicey: It took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out who this Jae-neut unnie is AHSGDAJSH!! I hate you omfg!]

@savilizabeths (9.5): "I’m still bitter that this, one of the best songs on the soundtrack, wasn’t even in the credits at least? Shocked and disappointed."

@boom bazooka joe (10): "Everything about this is perfect. Sorry y'all are getting sued girls, but I can't stop streaming this. The Janet sample is heavenly."

@eatyourself (10): "The definition of 'they came, they served cunt and then they died'. How can a group last for less than a year (?) and still deliver one of the best K-Pop songs of 2023? This sounds like it comes straight from a 2001 pirated CD my grandma would buy from a street vendor that contained the worst category of Europop from across the 90s." [Slicey: Waittttt yes, this is exactly the vibe it's giving!]

@enjoy (10): "I will miss Fifty Fifty and their effervescent, feel good music. "Gorgeous, gorgeous girls" will always be stuck in my head."

@soratami (10): "Cupid deserved to be here too but oh well. Fifty Fifty truly were one of the very best in the game for a moment there… such a shame things turned out the way they did"

@TéléDex (10): "These girls, Barbie, Janet and production team, did something right."

@thommyh (10): "This was a cuntaclysmic mother event."

@Wills (11): "Fifty Fifty and Kaliii, while it can sting to win KSOTY but not take home Best Original Song, your billions of fans love you. You're all so much more than Kenough. #WillaryBarbie" [Slicey: NAWT WILLARY FFFFFF!]

THE FINAL VERDICT:

notguilty.png

LOW: (0) @leedlelee..., @love choerry motion, @Shockbox

You girls need to do some research about having fun because you're clearly not familiar with it.

@aux (5): "Watch the Ava Max stans gobble this one up when its sample is a desecration of one of the best songs of all time." [Slicey: FFFFF messy heaux!]

The shady layers of this post when you notice the person who submitted this song is an Ava Max stan dddd.

My nine year old laptop is CROAKING oh my god............

But shall we kill another Superjustice Song, unnies?

LET'S GO!

95.png

barbiedreams.gif

SUPERJUSTICE:
@Dangerous Maknae
HIGH: (11) @Wills (10) @boom bazooka joe, @Conan, @Dangerous Maknae, @eatyourself, @enjoy, @junglefish, @Sanctuary, @soratami, @TéléDex, @thommyh (9.5) @savilizabeths, @Slice of Life (9.25) @Oleander (9) @Crisp X, @GeiPanda
LOW: (0) @leedlelee..., @love choerry motion, @Shockbox (3) @roblognick (4) @chrisjche, @eliminathan, @Phonetics Girl, @Salami
MY SCORE: 9.5

LEADERBOARD JOURNEY:
10 voters: 64
20 voters: 89
30 voters: 96
40 voters: 95
50 voters: 93
52 voters: 95
Three 0s, ten 10s and one 11? The range!

Barbie Dreams is Fifty Fifty's contribution to Barbie the Album, the soundtrack to the film Barbie and features American rapper Kaliii. It was produced by Space Primates and features an interpolation of Janet Jackson's 1997 hit single Together Again.

To be honest, this was one of the more shocking results to me because I really didn't think people would have such intense feelings for a song like this, no shade. I thought, oh, this is quite the bop but because it's by a non-big 4 act, I think it's gonna rank at like, I don't know, maybe in the 60s? And then the votes and comments flooded in and oh my god, I got the biggest whiplash FFFFFF!

I personally rated this song without the context of the ongoing issue between the group and their management. But I totally understand if people couldn't get past that issue while rating the song. I do enjoy the song and while I think the Janet sample is doing the heavy lifting here, I can't help but bop. It's really that simple. As always, the Fifty Fifty girlies give a fantastic vocal performance. And Miss Kaliii's rap is fun too!

If you haven't still checked out Fifty Fifty's pre-Barbie Dreams (and pre-Cupid) music, I suggest you do so because you're seriously missing out. The Fifty is genuinely one of the best albums by a gen 4 act and it deserves the success Cupid got. Get into it!

THE JURY'S THOUGHTS:
@leedlelee... (0): "I hate the song, but the 0 is mostly because everything about this group gives me the ick now… ATTRAKT is auditioning new members to torture as I write this…" [Slicey: FFFFFF right, I already feel sorry for the future new members.]

@love choerry motion (0): "Maybe I should have gave it one point since there's one member left, but someone had to get a zero! Ignoring a boycott to submit this over Cupid is... a choice. You will cough 50 times in 50 days."

@Shockbox (0): "incredibly cheesy, sounds like music for pre-school children."

@roblognick (3): "Absolutely hate the way they've used the melody of Janet's Together Again. It's such a vocaloid sounding "kidz bop" too."

@chrisjche (4): "I'm amazed Janet (or her team) approved the use of this sample as they are notorious for being quite picky with that. I get what they were going for but this song is not for me."

@eliminathan (4): "Why does this song sound like it's on 2x speed. The good news is the faster they sing the faster this shite ends!"

@Salami (4): "So did they rip Janet off or did she agree to this? I kind of hope it's the first one...I've not seen Barbie so maybe this makes more sense in the film but it's not for me."

@codecat (5): "This could have been great if that one random girl decided to camp it up with the GAUWRJUS GOWRJUS GORJUSSSS line please...don't be annoying we just went through a pandemic" [Slicey: Girl that is my favourite part of the song HELPPPP!]

@Cotton Park (5): "all of the time and energy, hopes and dreams, and this?"

@ThisIsRogue (8): "This is good but pales in comparison to the absolutely massive Cupid, which was delightful and dreamy and deserved its success. It's a shame that greed ruined it for everyone."

@ysev (8): "Jae-neut unnie paved the way." [Slicey: It took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out who this Jae-neut unnie is AHSGDAJSH!! I hate you omfg!]

@savilizabeths (9.5): "I’m still bitter that this, one of the best songs on the soundtrack, wasn’t even in the credits at least? Shocked and disappointed."

@boom bazooka joe (10): "Everything about this is perfect. Sorry y'all are getting sued girls, but I can't stop streaming this. The Janet sample is heavenly."

@eatyourself (10): "The definition of 'they came, they served cunt and then they died'. How can a group last for less than a year (?) and still deliver one of the best K-Pop songs of 2023? This sounds like it comes straight from a 2001 pirated CD my grandma would buy from a street vendor that contained the worst category of Europop from across the 90s." [Slicey: Waittttt yes, this is exactly the vibe it's giving!]

@enjoy (10): "I will miss Fifty Fifty and their effervescent, feel good music. "Gorgeous, gorgeous girls" will always be stuck in my head."

@soratami (10): "Cupid deserved to be here too but oh well. Fifty Fifty truly were one of the very best in the game for a moment there… such a shame things turned out the way they did"

@TéléDex (10): "These girls, Barbie, Janet and production team, did something right."

@thommyh (10): "This was a cuntaclysmic mother event."

@Wills (11): "Fifty Fifty and Kaliii, while it can sting to win KSOTY but not take home Best Original Song, your billions of fans love you. You're all so much more than Kenough. #WillaryBarbie" [Slicey: NAWT WILLARY FFFFFF!]

THE FINAL VERDICT:

notguilty.png

Too soon but I can live with it. The way some of you dragged it is giving this level of viciousness ddd...