#KSO⚖Y2023: The K-Pop Song of the Year 2023 Rate | #25: "This would make for a great Drag Race lipsync song."

I love you all, thank you for indulging me.

Yes, the v represents the remaining members. I also think they changed the name because searching ARTBEAT and trying to find the girl group content verses the dance cover content was an actual nightmare so god bless them for that.

I think I said everything in my commentary. I don't regret submitting it, despite the low placement. I didn't expect much and I'm just happy I forced y'all to dubi dubi with me.

Soñar
Queencard
Welcome to MY world

I don't know which of these is a superjustice but they need to leave asap

giphy.gif

Slice of Life

Staff member
Here's another song that y'all have been dying to eliminate..........

93.png

getaguitar.gif

HIGH:
((10) @Attis, @boom bazooka joe, @junglefish, @leedlelee..., @savilizabeths, @Slice of Life, @thommyh, @tj-x, @Wills (9.5) @ohnostalgia (9) @eccentricsimply, @YRSHKD
LOW: (1) @Serg. (3) @soratami (4) @Conan, @eliminathan, @Rhodanthe, @ThisIsRogue, @Trinu 3.0
MY SCORE: 10

LEADERBOARD JOURNEY:
10 voters: 86
20 voters: 84
30 voters: 77
40 voters: 86
50 voters: 92
52 voters: 93
The way you girlies are allergic to happy music is so????? It needs to be studied for sure. Today, we say goodbye to the joyous Get A Guitar by RIIZE.

Get A Guitar is the debut single of SM Entertainment's newest boy group RIIZE. It was written by Sin Na-ri (ARTIFFECT) and Bang Hye-hyun (JamFactory) and composed by Peter Wallevik (PhD), Daniel Davidsen (PhD), Ben Samama and David Arkwright. Get A Guitar proved to be a huge hit for RIIZE as it peaked at number 11 on the weekly Circle Digital Chart. As of writing, it is still ranked 16th on the said chart five months after release. I don't remember a debut song by an SM Entertainment boy group to have had this level of success since... oh my god? Since SHINee's Replay? Get A Guitar (GAG!) indeed!

Well I guess we should not be shocked that it turned out to be such a huge success considering how catchy this song is. Love it or hate it, I know all of you know the hook to this. That's what you call impact! As for me, of course I love this song... like, I know you guys are not shocked FFFFFF! This is everything I love in a boy group song. It's got bright (but not exactly cutesy) production, the vocals are competent, and overall, it's just such a nice pick-me-up song. I'll never not smile whenever I hear this song.

Get A Guitar being super public-friendly (a song for the ~locals~) is probably the reason why a lot of you aren't into this which I totally get. But whatever, I can't help my basic local ass from bopping and that is my truth! Sohee saranghae! ♡

THE JURY'S THOUGHTS:
@Serg. (1): "this wouldnt make the Andra Chansen in Melodifestivalen. Like absolute bollocks. Also I didn't know these people are from SM and I was gagged when I found out, oh how the mighty have fallen"

@soratami (3): "I’m sorry but this is literally Dynamite/Butter/Permission to Dance pt.4, easily the worst song in the rate"

@eliminathan (4): "Whoever voted this song in must have been watching the video on mute and looking at Wonbin because the song itself is horrible."

@ThisIsRogue (4): "I don't like that it's so literal. A guitar plays the same riff every time they sing "get a guitar" it's just too much."

@BEST FICTION (4.25): "Despicable Me soundtrack sounding ass"

@Crisp X (5): "This is so Trolls soundtrack sounding I had to double check I hadn't accidentally put on BTS for a second"

@ultraviolet (5): "This sounds like a Justin Timberlake reject for the Trolls movie, therefore it’s not pleasant."

@codecat (6): "Glad that they're pretty enough to make a lot of people brush off the deja-vu feeling one gets when listening to this......"

@aux (6.5): "I wish I liked this more because I really like everything else they’ve done thus far. This is a biT too childish for me to wholly stan."

@TéléDex (7): "Get a guitar(?!? When they're more focused on dancing too?), more like Get a Rip-off. This is a rip-off of Butter by BTS. I mean, I like it, but that's because I've already heard it from BigHit Music before SM. Butter and Dynamite could have been here after all the hatred against them on this silly forum, and yet, this one came here first?!? But I'm also glad Koreans don't know what the TV show Rainbow is and they decide to Get a Twanger."

@chrisjche (8): "Super catchy and reminiscent of the pop rock sound from the mid-late 2000s."

@Cotton Park (8): "you know you're getting old when you find yourself wondering what it would sound like if hall and oates it."

@Vixen (8.25): "Come awn Charlie Puth & friends!"

@eccentricsimply (9): "#JusticeForSeunghan" [Slicey: Exactly!]

@boom bazooka joe (10): "BRING SEUNGHAN BACK, YOU PIECES OF SHIT @SMTOWNGLOBAL." [Slicey: Exactly 2.0!]

@leedlelee... (10): "It’s a shame about Seunghan…"

@savilizabeths (10): "I had no intention of listening to this (prior to this rate obviously) but I watched the ARTBEAT cover and was kind of blown away. I love the way the guitars are used and the melodies are SO catchy. I’m a little bit obsessed with this song." [Slicey: The ARTBEAT promo just won't let up!]

@Attis (10): "I just can imagine if someday HAIM going full mainstream, they will write a song like this. Like I can imagine Danielle lower tone on the verse. Simple funky assortment, gorgeous harmonies, little vocal syncopation here and there to add the quirk"

THE FINAL VERDICT:

notguilty.png

Este - Danielle - Alana

You play me like (dun, dun, dun)
Still ! I love it when I'm looking at you
Baby
(dun, dun, dun)
Still ! I love it when I'm dancing with you (ah, yeah)

Get-get-get-get a guitar
Get-get-get-get a guitar
(whoo!)
Get-get-get-get a guitar
Get-get-get-get a guitar
(yeah)

nikkireputation-haim.gif

Sorry for the delay of results for today... but it's here now.

And I know a LOT of you will be very happy with this elimination.

94.png

dubidubi.gif

SUPERJUSTICE:
@savilizabeths
HIGH: (10) @savilizabeths, @TéléDex, @thommyh (9.75) @Conan (9) @leedlelee..., @Slice of Life, @soratami, @ysev
LOW: (3) @enjoy (4) @Dangerous Maknae, @Rhodanthe, @Wills
MY SCORE: 9

LEADERBOARD JOURNEY:
10 voters: 74
20 voters: 93
30 voters: 93
40 voters: 93
50 voters: 94
52 voters: 94
The nugu massacre continues, oh my god. Tonight we say goodbye to another Superjustice Song. The victim? It's ARTBEAT v's Dubi Dubi.

Dubi Dubi is the the title track of ARTBEAT v's first single album. It was written by Prime Time, Byun Moo Hyuk, Kim Hyung Min, Kang Jeon Myeong and Lim Soo Ran. This is their first single since they changed their name from ARTBEAT to ARTBEAT v, kii! I think the "v" represents the five remaining members of the group. God help them if they lose more.......

You know what, maybe I overscored this. Listening to it right now, I probably would give it a lower score if we were rating it today... maybe an 8 or 8.5? But I do remember feeling so fucking hyped when I listened to this specifically for this rate so I don't regret my score of 9 at all. What can I say? I guess I'll always be here for a new jack swing banger. That chorus is specifically doing something to my rat brain... I don't know if that something is causing brain damage or not but I don't care.

Dubi dubi dubi dubi doob doob bounce, motherfuckers!

THE JURY'S THOUGHTS:
@enjoy (3): "This has to go first, like i'm begging please. It sounds like the girls were pressing random tabs on Garageband. What a headache."

@Wills (4): "Love how the backings give no fucks about punching you right in the face, but good God, someone write them an actual song please"

@eccentricsimply (5): "Definitely a song that exists. I don't know, it's just there. Could've been released by any nugu girl group and it wouldn't have made a difference!"

@Salami (5): "I can't hear this and not think of Bobby Brown's On Our Own. Which is better. Sorry!"

@Attis (6): "When I praised this song during its debut, I kinda lied bc I rarely played it after fff but I thought it was fun, I like the beat"

@aux (6): "It’s cute, I guess? This is another song that is really taken down by its mixing." [Slicey: This I agree with. But it's a nugu release so let's not fault them too much juseyo!]

@boom bazooka joe (6): "The "dubi dubi dubi dubi doot doot bounce" post-chorus is beyond obnoxious, and the whole thing sounds like Kidz Bop does New Jack Swing. Meh."

@roblognick (6.5): "This song started on a score of 4.5 and I keep increasing the score every time it comes up on shuffle so I'm not going play it any more." [Slicey: FFFFFFFFFF embrace the dubi dubi doob doob bounce, unnie!]

@soratami (9): "Nugu excellence. Would have been a 10 if the verses were a bit stronger"

@savilizabeths (10): "I don’t know how to adequately talk about how much these girls mean to me. ARTBEAT’s dance cover channel is a genuine source of comfort to me (despite the fact that I was introduced to them by an ex-friend…) When some of my favourite members debuted as an actual girl group last year, I was over the moon. I loved Magic a lot, but I think DUBI DUBI might be the better song overall. It’s well produced, the hooks are really strong and personally, I think the five of them really sell it. Yoojin’s has gorgeous vocals and so much charisma, Yubin’s has visuals for days and a calming, unique vocal tone (seriously, how is she so pretty???), Gaeun steals my heart every time she performs, Seyoung kills her solo dance moment, she really is one of the best dancers in ARTBEAT. And Haeun, my bias just…I really think she is a perfect center, is a well rounded performer and exudes such a great energy every time, both in covers and original songs. Basically, this group is really important to me and I hope those who haven’t heard them are pleasantly surprised. Praying for no lineup changes next comeback (I miss you Sieun & Damhee!)" [Slicey: I love love LURVE your obsession with this group, unnie! They really should pay you for all the promo you've given them!]

THE FINAL VERDICT:

notguilty.png
This is one that had my score bouncing around for quite a while. I did end up giving it a good score but I'm fine with it leaving now as it does have its faults. I do enjoy the New Jack Swing beat and sound but I feel like more could have been done with it. I will give it credit for bringing other bops to mind namely this one even though it's more on the Rock-ish side of things.

Here's another song that y'all have been dying to eliminate..........

93.png

getaguitar.gif

HIGH:
((10) @Attis, @boom bazooka joe, @junglefish, @leedlelee..., @savilizabeths, @Slice of Life, @thommyh, @tj-x, @Wills (9.5) @ohnostalgia (9) @eccentricsimply, @YRSHKD
LOW: (1) @Serg. (3) @soratami (4) @Conan, @eliminathan, @Rhodanthe, @ThisIsRogue, @Trinu 3.0
MY SCORE: 10

LEADERBOARD JOURNEY:
10 voters: 86
20 voters: 84
30 voters: 77
40 voters: 86
50 voters: 92
52 voters: 93
The way you girlies are allergic to happy music is so????? It needs to be studied for sure. Today, we say goodbye to the joyous Get A Guitar by RIIZE.

Get A Guitar is the debut single of SM Entertainment's newest boy group RIIZE. It was written by Sin Na-ri (ARTIFFECT) and Bang Hye-hyun (JamFactory) and composed by Peter Wallevik (PhD), Daniel Davidsen (PhD), Ben Samama and David Arkwright. Get A Guitar proved to be a huge hit for RIIZE as it peaked at number 11 on the weekly Circle Digital Chart. As of writing, it is still ranked 16th on the said chart five months after release. I don't remember a debut song by an SM Entertainment boy group to have had this level of success since... oh my god? Since SHINee's Replay? Get A Guitar (GAG!) indeed!

Well I guess we should not be shocked that it turned out to be such a huge success considering how catchy this song is. Love it or hate it, I know all of you know the hook to this. That's what you call impact! As for me, of course I love this song... like, I know you guys are not shocked FFFFFF! This is everything I love in a boy group song. It's got bright (but not exactly cutesy) production, the vocals are competent, and overall, it's just such a nice pick-me-up song. I'll never not smile whenever I hear this song.

Get A Guitar being super public-friendly (a song for the ~locals~) is probably the reason why a lot of you aren't into this which I totally get. But whatever, I can't help my basic local ass from bopping and that is my truth! Sohee saranghae! ♡

THE JURY'S THOUGHTS:
@Serg. (1): "this wouldnt make the Andra Chansen in Melodifestivalen. Like absolute bollocks. Also I didn't know these people are from SM and I was gagged when I found out, oh how the mighty have fallen"

@soratami (3): "I’m sorry but this is literally Dynamite/Butter/Permission to Dance pt.4, easily the worst song in the rate"

@eliminathan (4): "Whoever voted this song in must have been watching the video on mute and looking at Wonbin because the song itself is horrible."

@ThisIsRogue (4): "I don't like that it's so literal. A guitar plays the same riff every time they sing "get a guitar" it's just too much."

@BEST FICTION (4.25): "Despicable Me soundtrack sounding ass"

@Crisp X (5): "This is so Trolls soundtrack sounding I had to double check I hadn't accidentally put on BTS for a second"

@ultraviolet (5): "This sounds like a Justin Timberlake reject for the Trolls movie, therefore it’s not pleasant."

@codecat (6): "Glad that they're pretty enough to make a lot of people brush off the deja-vu feeling one gets when listening to this......"

@aux (6.5): "I wish I liked this more because I really like everything else they’ve done thus far. This is a biT too childish for me to wholly stan."

@TéléDex (7): "Get a guitar(?!? When they're more focused on dancing too?), more like Get a Rip-off. This is a rip-off of Butter by BTS. I mean, I like it, but that's because I've already heard it from BigHit Music before SM. Butter and Dynamite could have been here after all the hatred against them on this silly forum, and yet, this one came here first?!? But I'm also glad Koreans don't know what the TV show Rainbow is and they decide to Get a Twanger."

@chrisjche (8): "Super catchy and reminiscent of the pop rock sound from the mid-late 2000s."

@Cotton Park (8): "you know you're getting old when you find yourself wondering what it would sound like if hall and oates it."

@Vixen (8.25): "Come awn Charlie Puth & friends!"

@eccentricsimply (9): "#JusticeForSeunghan" [Slicey: Exactly!]

@boom bazooka joe (10): "BRING SEUNGHAN BACK, YOU PIECES OF SHIT @SMTOWNGLOBAL." [Slicey: Exactly 2.0!]

@leedlelee... (10): "It’s a shame about Seunghan…"

@savilizabeths (10): "I had no intention of listening to this (prior to this rate obviously) but I watched the ARTBEAT cover and was kind of blown away. I love the way the guitars are used and the melodies are SO catchy. I’m a little bit obsessed with this song." [Slicey: The ARTBEAT promo just won't let up!]

@Attis (10): "I just can imagine if someday HAIM going full mainstream, they will write a song like this. Like I can imagine Danielle lower tone on the verse. Simple funky assortment, gorgeous harmonies, little vocal syncopation here and there to add the quirk"

THE FINAL VERDICT:

notguilty.png

This is a somewhat similar case for me ddd. It's fine but if you are going to name a song after and base it all around guitars then I want the guitars to go harder and give me more energy. It's just too subdued for me.