#KSO⚖Y2023: The K-Pop Song of the Year 2023 Rate | #7: "How could you not say cunt? Like that's cunt!! Like."

Slice of Life

Staff member
I... truly didn't expect the last elimination to generate so much talk!

But thank you for all the banters and reactions.

Let's see how will y'all react to this next elimination...

55.png

dieforyou.gif

SUPERJUSTICE:
@BEST FICTION
HIGH: (10) @aux, @BEST FICTION, @eliminathan, @He, @junglefish, @Rhodanthe, @savilizabeths, @ysev (9.5) @Vixen (9) @codecat, @leedlelee..., @Slice of Life, @soratami, @vague
LOW: (3) @askew (5) @Conan, @Trinu 3.0
MY SCORE: 9

LEADERBOARD JOURNEY:
10 voters: 71
20 voters: 58
30 voters: 48
40 voters: 47
50 voters: 51
52 voters: 55
Another day, another Superjustice Song to eliminate. Next up is EL7Z UP's Die for You.

Die for You is the opening track of EL7Z UP's first mini album, 7+UP. It was written by Jade. J and Louise Udin and composed by Ryan S. Jhun, Jay Hong, Monster No.9, Voradory and Louise Udin. Die for You didn't enter the Circle Digital Chart but peaked at number 167 on the component Download Chart. Again, for an album track, that's pretty rad!

EL7Z UP is a rookie girl group formed through the reality show Queendom Puzzle and consists of some of our fave underrated girlies. They are Kei from Lovelyz, Yeeun from CLC, Yeoreum from WJSN, Yeonhee from Rocket Punch, Nana from woo!ah!, Hwiseo from H1-KEY and Yuki from Purple Kiss. They're like a GOT the beat type of group... or maybe more of a UNI.T (remember them?). Anyway, because of the caliber of the lineup, there was a lot of buzz for their debut but ultimately their debut single, Cheeky, failed to live up to expectations. I for one liked it, but I totally get why it didn't connect with a lot of people. Thankfully, there was a gem hidden in the 7+UP mini album and that was Die for You!

Die for You doesn't sound like a title track to me but wow, it truly is better than Cheeky in all departments FFFFFF! Like, this is how a supergroup should sound like! First, props to Ryan S. Jhun for the great production work on Die for You. Like, those little intricate production details in the chorus? Fabulous! You ate that one plittle thing, sister! And of course, the girls gave great vocal and rap performances too. Kei absolutely smashing that middle 8 with her dramatic and powerful vocals? That's my mother!

EL7Z UP is not a permanent group so they only have a couple more comebacks to leave an impression. And with rumours of them finally coming back this May, I sure hope their new single at least matches the group's caliber. Give us more Die for You and less Cheeky!

THE JURY'S THOUGHTS:
@askew (3): "The way I prayed for my tripleS girlies to be eliminated from that show as soon as possible. Vindication!" [Slicey: FFFFFFFFFF tripleS revenge OH WOW!]

@clowezra (7.5): "Another rate discovery for me, lovely little song!"

@Cotton Park (8.5): "love this, so lush! but not big on the message here. yeah, too soon."

@enjoy (8.5): "A pretty good but a safe song considering how strong that line up is."

@soratami (9): "The closest thing to Apink in this year’s line-up, have to appreciate that" [Slicey: Ooh, right, just imagine Eunji on that chorus... ugh!]

@Vixen (9.5): "Wait this is a bop??? My first time hearing this. Holdawn!!! Maybe I need to listen to the mini… I admit I didn't bother when I wasn't feeling the titletrack tew much." [Slicey: SCREAM! Cheeky really has a lot to answer for!]

@aux (10): "Awful name aside, this is exquisite. It’s so groovy and smooth." [Slicey: FFFFF, I didn't wanna drag their name but... tea!]

@savilizabeths (10): "The gods of Kpop using this song to make up for not giving Kei the bridge in Cheeky, thank you!"

THE FINAL VERDICT:

notguilty.png

he/him
I... truly didn't expect the last elimination to generate so much talk!

But thank you for all the banters and reactions.

Let's see how will y'all react to this next elimination...

55.png

dieforyou.gif

SUPERJUSTICE:
@BEST FICTION
HIGH: (10) @aux, @BEST FICTION, @eliminathan, @He, @junglefish, @Rhodanthe, @savilizabeths, @ysev (9.5) @Vixen (9) @codecat, @leedlelee..., @Slice of Life, @soratami, @vague
LOW: (3) @askew (5) @Conan, @Trinu 3.0
MY SCORE: 9

LEADERBOARD JOURNEY:
10 voters: 71
20 voters: 58
30 voters: 48
40 voters: 47
50 voters: 51
52 voters: 55
Another day, another Superjustice Song to eliminate. Next up is EL7Z UP's Die for You.

Die for You is the opening track of EL7Z UP's first mini album, 7+UP. It was written by Jade. J and Louise Udin and composed by Ryan S. Jhun, Jay Hong, Monster No.9, Voradory and Louise Udin. Die for You didn't enter the Circle Digital Chart but peaked at number 167 on the component Download Chart. Again, for an album track, that's pretty rad!

EL7Z UP is a rookie girl group formed through the reality show Queendom Puzzle and consists of some of our fave underrated girlies. They are Kei from Lovelyz, Yeeun from CLC, Yeoreum from WJSN, Yeonhee from Rocket Punch, Nana from woo!ah!, Hwiseo from H1-KEY and Yuki from Purple Kiss. They're like a GOT the beat type of group... or maybe more of a UNI.T (remember them?). Anyway, because of the caliber of the lineup, there was a lot of buzz for their debut but ultimately their debut single, Cheeky, failed to live up to expectations. I for one liked it, but I totally get why it didn't connect with a lot of people. Thankfully, there was a gem hidden in the 7+UP mini album and that was Die for You!

Die for You doesn't sound like a title track to me but wow, it truly is better than Cheeky in all departments FFFFFF! Like, this is how a supergroup should sound like! First, props to Ryan S. Jhun for the great production work on Die for You. Like, those little intricate production details in the chorus? Fabulous! You ate that little thing, sister! And of course, the girls gave great vocal and rap performances too. Kei absolutely smashing that middle 8 with her dramatic and powerful vocals? That's my mother!

EL7Z UP is not a permanent group so they only have a couple more comebacks to leave an impression. And with rumours of them finally coming back this May, I sure hope their new single at least matches the group's caliber. Give us more Die for You and less Cheeky!

THE JURY'S THOUGHTS:
@askew (3): "The way I prayed for my tripleS girlies to be eliminated from that show as soon as possible. Vindication!" [Slicey: FFFFFFFFFF tripleS revenge OH WOW!]

@clowezra (7.5): "Another rate discovery for me, lovely little song!"

@Cotton Park (8.5): "love this, so lush! but not big on the message here. yeah, too soon."

@enjoy (8.5): "A pretty good but a safe song considering how strong that line up is."

@soratami (9): "The closest thing to Apink in this year’s line-up, have to appreciate that" [Slicey: Ooh, right, just imagine Eunji on that chorus... ugh!]

@Vixen (9.5): "Wait this is a bop??? My first time hearing this. Holdawn!!! Maybe I need to listen to the mini… I admit I didn't bother when I wasn't feeling the titletrack tew much." [Slicey: SCREAM! Cheeky really has a lot to answer for!]

@aux (10): "Awful name aside, this is exquisite. It’s so groovy and smooth." [Slicey: FFFFF, I didn't wanna drag their name but... tea!]

@savilizabeths (10): "The gods of Kpop using this song to make up for not giving Kei the bridge in Cheeky, thank you!"

THE FINAL VERDICT:

notguilty.png

@codecat @ysev we are friends again <3

Slice of Life

Staff member
Next up…… It’s time to eliminate another song by a male artist, unnies! Hehe~

One of these six songs will leave us next:
♡ Chasing That Feeling - TXT
♡ CoolAs - Key
♡ Killer - Key
♡ Perfume - NCT Dojaejung
♡ Rover - Kai
♡ The Feeling - SHINee

Please leave your guesses/wishes below!

And check back in a couple of hours for the next elimination. Bye!

IMG-6962.gif

he/they

♡ CoolAs - Key
♡ Killer - Key
♡ Rover - Kai
♡ The Feeling - SHINee

IMG-6962.gif

Fingers crossed the five eliminations after the next are also conveniently by male artists who happen to be in this list of 6 songs!

he/him

♡ CoolAs - Key
♡ Killer - Key
♡ Rover - Kai
♡ The Feeling - SHINee

IMG-6962.gif
Perfume, Rover or The Feeling. The rest to me are my kind of boy songs. I especially don't get the hate for Chasing That Feeling, when it's both in the same standout vibe and better, hook-wise, than Ghosting. I liked Ghosting, but if that was the 2020 KPB winner and I love the latter a lot, then I don't get the calls for Chasing the Feeling.

Last edited: