#KSOTY2018: The K-Pop Song of the Year 2018 Rate | #1 | Page 54 | The Popjustice Forum

#KSOTY2018: The K-Pop Song of the Year 2018 Rate | #1

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Dec 14, 2018.

1. To be fair, I said "my favourite thing from them I’ve heard" ... which doesn't necessarily equate to me thinking it deserves a higher score dddd.
    [​IMG]
    Honestly, like @Salami, I really did try to like them.

Salami, thommyh and Slice of Life like this.
  2. Mine
    Oh wait-

YOU FLOPS KILLED IT AT #98

[​IMG]

Rem, Oleander, thommyh and 13 others like this.
  3. Black Pearl, To Do List, Stylish and Honey, Don't Kill My Vibe, dddd.

Oleander, vague, nikkysan and 5 others like this.
  4. He

He

I don’t find Stylish as amazing. I don’t like the “you’re so stylish” part. Sorry Viviane.
    A mess.

5. It should be mine but Black Pearl for sure. @BEST FICTION won't let us win anything.

BEST FICTION, Oleander, vague and 5 others like this.
  6. I'm guessing What by Dreamcatcher and See Saw are going the farthest.

Rem, Oleander, vague and 6 others like this.
  7. NOT if my scores have enough impact on the results.

Taeyeon_evil.jpg

vague, Salami and Slice of Life like this.
  8. Don't Kill My Vibe for the win

9. This is why I stopped talking to you.

Rem, Oleander, vague and 9 others like this.
  10. He

He

@Tasteless_Maknae strikes again.

Oleander, vague, nikkysan and 3 others like this.
    Rem, Oleander, vague and 13 others like this.
  12. Love Bug out at #88... Who hurt y'all?

13. Y'all out here slandering Rap God Sowon when her blonde era ended homophobia and sexism in Korea. Pitiful.

Rem, Oleander, savilizabeths and 10 others like this.
  14. You're right, it's not their best single, but the best single in the entirety of the korean music industry, the GP was just being tasteless as mostly always

15. Ugh, Senorita has me re-evaluting their previous tracks and I definitely underscored LATATA by at least a point. I will claim full responsibility if it's unceremoniously booted out prematurely.

Oleander, ryjm, ohnostalgia and 5 others like this.
  16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

GENEROUS UNNIES: (10) @Reboot, @eccentricsimply, @Oleander, @Wills, @Cotton Park (9.5) @nikkysan (9.25) @Love Deluxe (9) @ryjm, @Slice of Life, @ThighHighs
    CHEAP UNNIES: (2) @Coming Century (5) @Mikl C, @ry123 (5.5) @codecat, @Serg., @Gintoki (5.75) @Dangerous Maknae
    SHAMAN UNNIE: 9

LEADERBOARD JOURNEY:
    5 voters: 77 (average: 6.55000)
    10 voters: 83 (average: 6.55000)
    15 voters: 75 (average: 7.13333)
    20 voters: 82 (average: 7.23750)
    25 voters: 77 (average: 7.42000)
    30 voters: 84 (average: 7.33333)
    35 voters: 78 (average: 7.47143)
    40 voters: 75 (average: 7.53750)
    45 voters: 77 (average: 7.52222)
    48 voters: 81 (average: 7.45833)

Damn. Shit just got real huh. SHINee has just lost their first song. We say goodbye to Countless.

Countless is the fourth (!!!) and final single of SHINee's iconique sixth album, The Story of Light. And what an ending this is. And to think I didn't even think this was good when it first came out... I'm Boo Boo the Fool.

When a repackage version of The Story of Light album was announced, I really didn't know what to expect. We already got two bops in Good Evening and I Want You. We also got an emotional punch in Our Page. What else is there to say?

Hope. Countless was all about hope. Or whatever. I actually didn't read the English translation of the lyrics. But the song does give me hopeful vibes. There's a lightness that it exudes so effortlessly. There's palpable positivity emanating from it. I could seriously listen to this song for, like, ten times in a row. I know because that's exactly what I did while writing this post ddddd.

We won't have the follow-up to The Story of Light in the near future. With the exception of Taemin, all the SHINee members are gonna be in the military for the next two years starting this year. That's a long wait. But no worries. Songs like Countless will keep us warm.

Let's just get Coming Century's Countless-hating ass out of the way, shall we?: "they're my favourite group of all time but this is just.....bad. They've always been *the* trend setters, not the trend chasers which this song falls under. It's so generic and uninspiring and such an anomaly in their discography I'm so disappointed." Okay werq. Joining him on the villain corner is ry123: "I love Shinee, but not this song."

He admits: "Not my favorite SHINee track, but still good." eccentricsimply feels the same but stans anyway: "To be honest I wasn't that big on this song when it first came out, but like.... It's SHINee, ya know? They make even the simplest things wonderful." Miyawakiwi offers: "It’s nice… kinda soothing? It picks up the pace at the end." And thommyh clocks the subpar lip-syncing: "it's alright, I wouldn't add it to my playlist. Also, why does the lipsyncing look so half-assed in the video?" I can't answer; I'm way too focused on their poreless cheeks to even notice their lip-syncing. SERIOUSLY, WHERE ARE THEIR PORES?

"A feel-good, enjoyable bop. Just makes me happy on the inside," ThighHighs appreciates. ryjm gets it: "The final song to come out of the The Story Of Light series, Countless embodies the title of the series - a delightfully bright and effervescent song. Saccharine, carefree, and joyful, it was the perfect way to close out the series." YATH. And Wills as well: "I remember hearing this for the first time and feeling like I’d known it for years (Laboum’s 2018 singles elicited a similar response). Warm, comforting, with just enough power under the hood to keep from ever dragging. The harmonies are gorgeous, and their voices all sound brilliant individually. An 11 contender." Comforting is the word!

Reboot will close this post with what is possibly my favourite commentary of the rate: "This song is everything I need from a boy band to be honest. Also, I don’t normally ~feel~ things for guys, but Onew looks so pretty in this video that I kind of want to make him dinner or knit him a sweater or something. I don’t know what people do when they find someone attractive. Point is, I like this song and video a lot." THIS IS SO CUTE. Also, same. Onew in this music video is all shades of adorable. Lemme smother him with love please!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  17. Oh... not even SHINee are safe from MisandryJustice!

Good Evening honestly deserves Top 10 but I’m not hopeful that will happen.

Oleander, vague, He and 4 others like this.
  18. Countless was easily in my top 5 songs of the entire rate so this elimination hurts a lot. But I'm not surprised.

vague, Wills and Slice of Life like this.
  19. Well, this is easily in their top 5 worst songs of all time so....

Good Evening can stay until at least top 10 though!

Sanctuary and Salami like this.
  20. I can't believe they're going to the army and we dibidibi-didn't get a Minho solo album :C

vague and Slice of Life like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.