#KSOTY2018: The K-Pop Song of the Year 2018 Rate | COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 120 | The Popjustice Forum

#KSOTY2018: The K-Pop Song of the Year 2018 Rate | COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Why is everyone REFUSING to post in this thread? Do we not CARE about the results?

KEEP IT PUSHING, UNNIES!

Edit: ddd well here we are.

vague, Sanctuary, Oleander and 15 others like this.
  2. For the last time...
    Give me 30 minutes max, girls. ♡

vague, Sanctuary, Oleander and 15 others like this.
  3. We are gathered today to crown the 2018 K-Pop Song of the Year. This thread went live on December 14, 2018 and now, it's May 31, 2019. One hundred and sixty eight days later, we'll finally know which song truly reigned supreme in 2018. At fucking last.

We have two remaining songs - Sunmi's Siren and Apink's I'm So Sick. And despite a few dissenters, I can fully and genuinely say that these two songs deserve to be the last two standing.

Sunmi, a subforum legend, released her second mini album Warning, and it was led by the single Siren. Although Sunmi never truly disappointed us with her music, Siren still felt like a return to form for her. Her previous single, Heroine, was probably Sunmi's most divisive yet. But with Siren, she shut up the disbelievers and delivered what is probably her magnum opus.

Apink, on the other hand, were NOT subforum legends. They were quite honestly a subforum laughing stock. As the poster girls of beige music, Apink just didn't capture K-Popjustice's attention. Although people of this subforum are aware of Apink's talent and winning personalities, they just didn't respond positively to Apink's brand of "safe" music. But with I'm So Sick, Apink became subforum faves overnight and rightfully so.

Siren or I'm So Sick.

I'm So Sick or Siren.

Let's meet our 2018 K-Pop Song of the Year.

And it is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GENEROUS UNNIES: (11) @Love Deluxe, @BEST FICTION, @Wills (10) @Mikl C, @ryjm, @nikkysan, @yuuurei, @junglefish, @RUNAWAY, @vague, @Conan, @Kuhleezi, @Slice of Life, @He, @Vesperly, @OspreyQueen, @Oleander, @sweetlikegrande, @ThighHighs, @ohnostalgia, @Island, @thommyh, @GeiPanda, @Remorque, @eliminathan, @soratami, @enjoy v2.0, @Gintoki (9.75) @PopZeitgeist (9.5) @Dangerous Maknae, @Ana Raquel (9) @Cotton Park, @Serg., @eccentricsimply, @ry123
    CHEAP UNNIES: (6) @Salami, @Coming Century (7) @askew
    SHAMAN UNNIE: 10

LEADERBOARD JOURNEY:

5 voters: 38 (average: 7.35000)
    10 voters: 14 (average: 8.17500)
    15 voters: 7 (average: 8.68333)
    20 voters: 2 (average: 8.96250)
    25 voters: 2 (average: 9.09000)
    30 voters: 2 (average: 9.16667)
    35 voters: 2 (average: 9.20000)
    40 voters: 1 (average: 9.32500)
    45 voters: 2 (average: 9.28889)
    48 voters: 1 (average: 9.33333)

That's right, ladies. Sunmi has done the impossible - winning two K-Pop Song of the Year Rates back to back. Gashina in 2017. Siren in 2018.

[​IMG]

Siren is the lead single of Sunmi's second mini album, Warning. For this new single, Sunmi ditched her highly successful partnership with Teddy and instead worked with the Wonder Girls' constant collaborator, Frants. The song proved to be another huge hit for Sunmi, reaching the number one spot of the Gaon Digital Charts. The song is also famous for being Sunmi's first song to achieve Perfect All Kill status, meaning the song was simultaneously first place on the real-time and daily charts of MelOn, Genie, Bugs, Mnet, Naver, and Soribada and also first place on the real-time and weekly charts for Instiz's iChart.

TL;DR: Siren was a hit.

And I must say that Sunmi absolutely knocked it out of the park with Siren. Siren is Sunmi operating mercilessly on full capacity. Siren is Sunmi showing everyone what a Big Pop Girl release should be like. Siren is Sunmi on her very best. When I first heard Siren, I immediately knew that it was special. It just sounded fuller than any of Sunmi's previous singles - yes, even Gashina. I didn't think she would top Gashina this effortlessly and this early. Literally how???

There was a quiet but still audible criticism on Gashina and Heroine's non-choruses. And while I enjoyed (and still do) Gashina and Heroine's simple choruses, I was also praying that Sunmi wasn't gonna do that for her next single ddddd. I mean, this is K-Pop, we love a huge-ass chorus over here. I think Sunmi heard that prayer of mine and ditched Teddy's stale style of not writing proper choruses. And so with Siren, she delivered one of the very best choruses of the year. That chorus is... beyond gorgeous.

Also any chorus that starts with "GET AWAY OUT OF MY FACE!" is bound to be a classic.

Amazing chorus aside, the rest of the song is just as perfect. The song starts like a warning (a siren, if you will) and despite being warned, I'm just never ready for the song's absolute machine-like assault. The song's beat on the verses makes it sound like a military march which only heightens the drama of it all. The pre-chorus is designed to prepare you for the chorus but again, I'm just never prepared for it. The song never really lets up and only slows down during the middle 8... only for the final chorus to finally take the remaining life left in me.

It's... perfect. A masterpiece... literally a masterpiece.

Sunmi is basically unrivalled in K-Pop today. Who else is doing it like her? It's just fascinating to see her get everything right and she makes it all look so easy. I'm just in awe of her talent and I cannot wait for her next move. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that she will top Siren.

Mogul. Mentor. Megastar.

Despite Salami's best efforts, he can't actually escape that chorus kekeke: "Grown on me in the last few days. I think the verses are pretty weak and forgettable, but the chorus is great." Miyawakiwi is not sold on the chorus though: "Her style is really unique, the verses are the best part, idk about the chorus but it grows on you after a while." Empty Shoebox is not done complaining: "I never figured out just what on earth was going on in the video. The song seems good, but when I'm not listening to it all that I can remember is 'get away out of my face' so I have marked it down for that." And eccentricsimply will always be Team Gashina: "I like this a bit more than I did Heroine but it's still no Gashina is it? Well, at least it's still pretty amazing."

Kuhleezi stans Sunmi's quality control: "Her output is just so effortlessly, consistently, successfully, assertively brilliant." ThighHighs takes it up a notch: "There’s not enough good to say about Sunmi. She delivers every time and I should just be sending a portion of my paycheck to her for all the life she has given me." Dddddddd I don't think she needs it, unnie. Send money to our nugu faves instead. ryjm wants to be Sunmi when he grows up and to be honest, who doesn't?: "Sunmi continues her killer streak of earth-shattering, wig-snatching, megabops with the release of 사이렌. You can tell Sunmi has found her niche, she’s create a sound that is uniquely hers; combining triumphant sounding choruses with tinges of melancholy to create incredibly emotive songs. I want to cry, I want to strut, I want show the world I am a bad ass motherfucker…I basically just want to be Sunmi. Yves baby, I know exactly how you feel." eliminathan decides to hurt me by reminding me of Wonder Girls' version of Siren: "Sunmi always had ridiculously good singles, but the fact that she is always trying to one-up herself is giving me GFRIEND circa 2018 teas (which y'all did dirty). Siren has to be my favourite song of hers now just because there's no way it isn't. The instrumental, the vocals, the choreo, the LOOKS, everything about this track is magical. I'm pretty hurt that we'll never hear the intended Wonder Girls version because imagine Yeeun doing the chorus and Yubin doing the rap would slap but the fact that Sunmi kept this brilliant song alive is enough for me."

"Are we in for a Sunmi repeat victory?," Serg. asks innocently. Now you know the answer, sweaty. "This is equally as good as Gashina so it really does deserve it, Sunmi continues to slay the game." I'm not sure if Reboot likes Siren's win but she still has good things to say about it: "I really love the angry vibe of this song." RUNAWAY is one happy stan: "she really killed it in 2018, and now she’s on a world tour in 2019 and she’s slaying. It’s such a good time to be a Sunmi stan." And yuuurei rebukes all attacks against Siren: "The word flawless gets thrown around a lot but this is pretty damn close to perfection. Super addictive and intense with a nice throwback-ish feeling. I'm not usually a big fan of excessive la-la-las but it works really well here in the context of the song; similarly, though I've seen some complaints about it, I like the shift in tone in the middle eight. On the whole this is a simply incredible pop song and the video is equally stunning." YATH TELL EM UNNIE.

"This song made me ten times more gay than I already was," nikkysan confesses and I know Sunmi is proud. "The first proper song I stanned when I became a full-time k-popper so it’s extra special to me, I think this is probably the front runner to win the rate so I won’t be mad at all if it does." He enumerates Siren's countless strengths: "Her best title track? Maybe so. It’s sensual, it’s 80s, it’s just so strong. The adlibs, the pre-chorus, the chorus… it all just fits and are amazing." GeiPanda celebrates Sunmi's brand of feminism: "A very close second to being my 11. The opening beats makes my buss pucker with anticipation, and the rest of the song more than meets my expectations. The fashion styling for this is incredible too. I love the feminist pop that Sunmi has established as her signature. All of her singles have titles that could be a reference to a strong-willed female - Gashina (aka bitch), Heroine, and now Siren. She's the perfect encapsulation of a big pop girl." YOU GET IT. And maybe thommyh has preordained Siren's win?: "Talent will always come through!"

Now let's go to our 11s! Wills goes all out: "Somehow - and I’m not sure I can properly defend this statement, so bear with me - this always felt like it had to be either a 9 or an 11, with no in-between. As a song, it’s not without its shortcomings - specifically, all the time spent waiting between choruses. Of course, that’s relatively easy to look past when the choruses sound like that. If the song’s inherently a 9, then, it’s the rest of the package that pushes it to the very top. This felt like the arrival of a fully-fledged, indisputable star like nothing else on this list. The video and its choreo couldn’t be better-suited to the track, with Sunmi an absolute monolith of charisma at its centre. It’d be a joy to see her come out on top two years in a row - and this time, with a song that actually deserves the title."

And BEST FICTION... well, he has some words for y'all: "Siren is the defining song of my 2018. The teasers, the visuals, the lead up to the Warning mini-album. It's one of my most played songs of all time and definitely one of my favourite songs of all time. It's been over 6 months and I still listen to this song on a daily basis. It's no secret that I absolutely adore Sunmi, and have for 7 years now, but this song exceeded my expectations in ways I couldn't ever expect.

The music video is a MOMENT. The song is PHENOMENAL. It was actually huge in Korea. How many times do Korea get it right like that? Not since Gashina! This song deserves Song of the Year, and if it fails that, then I know in my heart that it was a set up by Gashina-antis who are trying to rewrite history... And I will doxx you all.

Michelle Obama said it best."

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  4. Better luck next time, unnies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GENEROUS UNNIES: (11) @Coming Century, @sweetlikegrande, @Gintoki (10) @Salami, @Miyawakiwi, @Sanctuary, @Mikl C, @ryjm, @codecat, @Ana Raquel, @yuuurei, @junglefish, @RUNAWAY, @vague, @Serg., @Slice of Life, @He, @Love Deluxe, @BEST FICTION, @Rem, @Oleander, @ThighHighs, @thommyh, @GeiPanda, @eliminathan, @FunkyButChic, @savilizabeths (9.5) @eccentricsimply, @PopZeitgeist (9) @Cotton Park, @Conan, @Kuhleezi, @Vesperly, @ohnostalgia, @Wills, @Remorque, @soratami, @enjoy v2.0
    CHEAP UNNIES: (5) @askew (7) @evilsin, @nikkysan

LEADERBOARD JOURNEY:

5 voters: 1 (average: 9.80000)
    10 voters: 1 (average: 9.40000)
    15 voters: 1 (average: 9.33333)
    20 voters: 1 (average: 9.40000)
    25 voters: 1 (average: 9.42000)
    30 voters: 1 (average: 9.41667)
    35 voters: 1 (average: 9.30714)
    40 voters: 2 (average: 9.30625)
    45 voters: 1 (average: 9.31111)

NOW WAIT A MINUTE.

[​IMG]

Let's see the Leaderboard Journey again...

LEADERBOARD JOURNEY:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh wow.

OH WOW.

Yes, oppa-deul and unnies. We actually have TWO K-Pop Songs of the Year for 2018. Apink's I'm So Sick and Sunmi's Siren tied as our winners and everything is right in the world.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  5. And our co-winner for the K-Pop Song of the Year Rate 2018 is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GENEROUS UNNIES: (11) @Coming Century, @sweetlikegrande, @Gintoki (10) @Salami, @Miyawakiwi, @Sanctuary, @Mikl C, @ryjm, @codecat, @Ana Raquel, @yuuurei, @junglefish, @RUNAWAY, @vague, @Serg., @Slice of Life, @He, @Love Deluxe, @BEST FICTION, @Rem, @Oleander, @ThighHighs, @thommyh, @GeiPanda, @eliminathan, @FunkyButChic, @savilizabeths (9.5) @eccentricsimply, @PopZeitgeist (9) @Cotton Park, @Conan, @Kuhleezi, @Vesperly, @ohnostalgia, @Wills, @Remorque, @soratami, @enjoy v2.0
    CHEAP UNNIES: (5) @askew (7) @evilsin, @nikkysan

LEADERBOARD JOURNEY:

In a totally unprecedented turn of events, Apink's I'm So Sick is somehow also our K-Pop Song of the Year for 2018. And honestly, I'm still gagged by it all.

Lemme just go off-topic one last time with you, girls. I deserve this. So from the get-go, I'm So Sick was primed to win this rate. The song's average never dipped below 9.30. The song ranked first for, like, 90% of the voting period. It dipped at number 2 but for just a short while. But the last three voters (that's @soratami, @enjoy v2.0, and @Gintoki), bless them, almost fucked things up. Without @Gintoki's 11, I'm So Sick would've settled for second place and I don't think I was ready for that ending. Thankfully, he came through, saved I'm So Sick from losing the crown, and also made Siren a co-winner. King of Pop.

God, looking back now, seeing I'm So Sick and Siren battle it out up to the very last voter was the most stressful part of running this rate dddddd. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Now let's give Apink's I'm So Sick the ending that it deserves. I'm So Sick is the lead single of Apink's seventh mini album, One & Six. The song was written and composed by Black Eyed Pilseung and Jeon Goon. I'm So Sick reached number 3 of the Gaon Charts making it another hit for the group. And... wig. I have no other thoughts but WIG! I'm So Sick is perfect.

Apink has never been subforum faves. I personally gave up on them after not enjoying any of their releases post-Remember. And I didn't even like Remember that much. I'm literally an Apink anti dddddd. But in the year of our Lord 2018, Apink decided that, yes, it's time to give the gays everything they want. And boy did they do just that and more.

Apink were notorious for not really changing things up musically. I mean, why would they? Their midtempos are still charting really well. Their album sales aren't too shabby either. There was no reason to change what it isn't broken. But personally speaking, seeing Apink not live up to their full potential was so frustrating. I know these girls have something more to show and it just felt like they were not allowed to. It felt like they weren't allowed to mature and just always pander to their uncle fans.

I still don't know what prompted them to switch things up. I'm just thankful. I'm So Sick is the result of years of potential finally coming to life. I'm So Sick is so powerful that it completely changed the subforum's feelings towards Apink. Suddenly, we all stan. It's a beautiful sight to see... something that I never thought I'd witness.

After the initial shock, I must say I'm So Sick has held up well. I'm So Sick still sounds fresh months after its release. Black Eyed Pilseung are my favourite K-Pop producers for a while now and they have truly given one of their very best songs to Apink. They have already worked with Apink before (2016's Only One). But with I'm So Sick, they have created a different, all-too-powerful beast of a song. From Naeun's opening line, "I'm so sick of lying, you gotta know that," to Eunji's soaring vocals especially in the chorus... everything is just pitch perfect. I really wouldn't change a thing.

Apink has already released their follow-up to I'm So Sick, the equally iconique %% (Eung Eung). And honestly, it might even be better than I'm So Sick. How amazing is that? Who are these girls and why are they suddenly the best K-Pop group these days? The Emancipation of Apink is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Vixen, who gave our top 2 songs the same score of 7.75 dddddd, doesn't think I'm So Sick is all that: "Don’t shoot me, but while I did bop quite a lot to this… I did think the theatrics and reactions during that month were a tad too much, kii. Like, it’s good, for sure, but it never resonated with me the same way it did with you guys. I still bop to this day, so at least it hasn’t grown cold or old." Poor it. While Reboot is just happy Apink has found a way to not bore her to death: "I’ve never cared for Apink’s music much, so I’m glad that they came back with a song that actually isn’t boring."

"This is Apink nearly getting where they should be!," ry123 shouts and yeah, I can respect that. Empty Shoebox is here for the instruments: "I think the arrangement is the best part of this. Not that the vocals are bad, but the instruments are better." Miyawakiwi, who also have given up on Apink like me, is back to stan: "The last song i heard before ‘i’m so sick’ was ‘only one’, so i had already given up on A Pink, but I’m so sick renewed my faith in them, Bomi looks so good <3." I agree; Bomi never looked better. RUNAWAY reminds us that he is an OG Pink Panda: "Apink really came for 2018’s wig huh? They KILLED IT. This song is such a huge jam, and they really delivered. I mean, they ALWAYS deliver, but the forum isn’t here for their other songs. Only One is a huge jam, and no one else cared on here. Well, they’re here for them NOW, I guess."

"Beige no more!," He gleefully declares and I couldn't agree more. "This song is just amazing, and the perfect example of modern girl group kpop. Like really. They did that." Serg. is as gagged as everyone: "Wow, what a moment..I never expected Apink to bring it this much after changing they already tired concept after 7 years, but they really did." Ana Raquel welcomes this new development too: "This new era of Apink is amazing whoever thought about it I love YOU." GeiPanda finally gives Apink the time of the day: "Reconfiguration queens. Never actively listened to an Apink song before, but I love absolutely everything about this." And I'm jealous that this is Wills' introduction to Apink: "This is the first thing I heard by them, so its significance in the greater context of their work is lost on me. No matter; it’s a damn good track."

The intro alone made Kuhleezi's bussy tremble in delight: "An intro that is way more eventful than it has any right to. And it's even the better when you group it with Eung Eung. Let's get this renaissance bread Apink!" And speaking of Eung Eung, here's eliminathan's take: "The absolute VOCAL RUNS from the weird chanting backing vocalist at the beginning like YAAAS GURL WERQ. That's already a good sign that the song is going to blow everyone away. I for one, can say that I NEVER IN MY WILDEST DREAMS expected APINK to be the girls that released a song this phenomenal. For me this kind of fell to a 9.75 because %% exists but %% isn't from 2018 so I'm happy I didn't do anything stupid in the voting period." eccentricsimply has seen the light: "Another song that I cared very little for when it came out but..... I've seen the light. I never cared much for Apink not because of the concept - because y'all know I defend the sweeter concepts often - but just because I thought their songs were boring nñn I don't think they needed to change concepts so drastically to release a good song but well. They did it and released a BOP."

"Hearing this sound from Apink was such a moment, no?," yuuurei asks and yes, unnie, it absolutely was. "I absolutely love it, both for being different than their usual and just for being a really great track. Upbeat sad songs are always a favorite of mine and the vocals are gorgeous, and while the instrumental has a bit of that tropical sound that's being used so often lately, it's got a nice amount of unique and almost haunting quirks to differentiate the song a little. It does remind me strongly of Sunmi's 'Siren' (which I also love) - although, considering this came out first, maybe it's the other way around? Idk." The fact that Siren and I'm So Sick are our co-winners... your mind! ThighHighs welcomes this plot twist from Apink too: "Who knew that Apink would present us with the mid-summer pussy popper that we all really needed? I was truly gagged by this plot development, but they came through with the looks, the choreo, and the video to kill the gays and truly gave us everything we want. Naeun is a queen." While vague just left us this image to convey his feelings:
    [​IMG]

"LIFE ALTERING MASTERPIECE ALERT," ryjm screams at me and yes, unnie, I hear you. "The song that turned me into a pink panda or whatever their fandom name is. Yath the gurls snapped and I am so fucking here for it! I paid Apink absolute dust until this because nothing from them ever really caught my eye (or ear rather), but holy balls of fire this was a total behemoth of a song and converted me into a full on stan. This gives me so much life and makes me feel so damn sassy (and was basically the soundtrack to my 2018 pride season – you better believe I served this to all the gays at any opportunity). All the flawless production flourishes, the somewhat (upon first listen) terrifying intro, the bouncy synths, distorted wails, the literal sound of angels singing (well..."ooh"ing), basically there are literally too many perfect moments within the song to pin point the highlights, I'd end up describing the whole thing. Add to that, some beautifully slick visuals and hooks for days and you essentially have the one of the best releases of the year. I'm glad they received all the recognition they deserve for this masterpiece and feel blessed that they continued this sonic evolution with the equally superb %%." And even Salami couldn't deny I'm So Sick's charms: "Abeige, Astink, I’ve been there consistently in hating on this group as I can’t stand any of their previous stuff. I was prepared to hate this as well but on the second listen I loved it, one of the highlights of 2018 for sure. Hopefully it continues!"

None of our 11-givers left commentary for I'm So Sick so I'm gonna give the last words to codecat who is possibly the biggest Pink Panda I know dddd. Take it away, bih: "I'm still not ready for it, it almost had my 11...this is the kind of song most people PRAY for. I'm so sick turned the beaten-to-death trop bop inside out and made a monster out of it. TRANCE CHANTS. The pain in Eunji's voice. The little production quirks like the drum break followed by a surprise distorted guitar...there's no competition. It's the one of the best productions of the year (which further cements Black Eyed Pilsung as the best K-pop producers of today) and Apink couldn't have found a better song to start this new chapter in their career. A future classic."

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  6. Talent won.

Wills, vague, Oleander and 18 others like this.
  7. He

He

Phew, a winner. And I'm seeing her on Tuesday.

Shall I inform her of this humbling win? @Slice of Life send me a post it for Sunmi, quick!

Edit: OMG this perfect and dramatic co-win?! Amazing!

vague, Oleander, ryjm and 17 others like this.
  8. Sunmi and Apink watching the thread right now with this stitched together edited tie first place

What an iconic ending tbh they both deserve it.

Thank you @Slice of Life eomma for not only picking up the 2017's SOTY thread, while managing monthly charts, but taking on the entire 2018 challenge and doing it flawlessly. Also thank you @eccentricsimply sis for keeping us satiated during the short break that Slicey took.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Wills, vague, Sanctuary and 19 others like this.
  9. WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I ACTUALLY HAD FULL-BODY CHILLS WHEN I READ THAT THEY TIED!!!!!!

POP!!!!! JUSTICEEEE!!!!!!

vague, Sanctuary, Oleander and 22 others like this.
  10. Now stop clowning me! Ddddddd.

Goodnight, girls. I'll come back with the stats tomorrow. ♡

11. @Slice of Life YOU ARE DONE, LET’S CELEBRATE THAT!!! As the only other person to host a monthly chart simultaneously with a 100+ song discography rate I feel uniquely qualified to tell you all how draining it is. Yet Slicey served professionalism, class, drama, forum meltdowns, etc. We stan forever.

12. He

He

Amazing rate, iconic host, incredible result.

@Slice of Life and the girls and not the men, did that!

13. @Slice of Life making GoT creators ashamed with that plot twist. An icon.

Wills, PopZeitgeist, vague and 19 others like this.
  14. Seriously, congrats and THANK YOU for an incredible rate @Slice of Life bb! You did something I could never handle and you did it with such style and flair. I am constantly in awe of you! Lord knows, if I had tried running this thing I would have been chased out of the forum with my messy ass ways! You. Did. THAT.

[​IMG]

vague, Oleander, ryjm and 16 others like this.
  15. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!?!?! I was reading the results and I was like okay that’s great and then I kept going and I saw Apink’s average and I was like....that seems familiar. I literally started crying when I realized that they both won. I am still in shock that it’s actually real. I am so fucking happy it ended this way.

@Slice of Life - Incredible job with this rate! There’s a level of professionalism that I’ve come to expect from your charts and rates, and you never fail to deliver every single time. I’m so happy to have taken part in this rate, and even though there were some upsets for me with the placements, this rate was immaculately run and I couldn’t ask for anything more. And the correct songs won, so I’d say TALENT and TASTE WON.

Wills, PopZeitgeist, vague and 20 others like this.
  16. Great rate, well done @Slice of Life

But I hate ties so I’m going to pretend Apink won because their run amongst the voters is almost flawless.

17. vague, Sanctuary, Oleander and 2 others like this.
  18. He

He

This double crowning makes up for y'all's bad taste. We are saved.

19. WHAT A SCREAM @Slice of Life I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE BEEN SITTING ON THIS INFO FOR SO LONG

I hadn't counted on the possibility of a double crowning but then we did that!!! This is a spectacular finale to a flawlessly orchestrated rate. Slicey, thank you so much for this...you are the best host one could possibly ask for. Between all the gags and the tragic moments (has anyone seen my Supersarang) this has been my all-time favorite rate, not only because 2018 was a magical year for K-pop and taking all these songs in was an experience, but also because I'm so in awe at how willing you were to put in the work (100+ songs plus the charts!!!) and to make great content for us...the end result made me so happy! We have to hire you for next year's rate. Love u ♡

And a big thank you as well to you, @eccentricsimply! This is still making me choke:

Wills, PopZeitgeist, vague and 21 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.