#KS☊TY2020: The K-Pop Song of the Year 2020 Rate | The Popjustice Forum

#KS☊TY2020: The K-Pop Song of the Year 2020 Rate

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

[​IMG]

It has been 20 Earth years since then. I don't remember everything but I do remember thinking this: I was never coming back.

The pandemic which was supposed to end after a month (or maybe three, I said I don't remember everything) went on and on until it was all we knew. Borders and businesses were closed. Masks were suddenly the trendiest fashion and/or health item. As for me, I was cooped inside my cozy Gangnam apartment. I was recording new music everyday... music that I thought I would release when all of this is over. Suffice to say, I didn't get to do that.

It was late November 2020. A quarter after two in the dead of the morning. I was bored shitless, spending exorbitant amounts of money by shopping (online, of course) the latest skincare products that somehow never worked with my skin type. But I had the money so why not splurge, right? Anyway, I'm getting distracted. Yes, it was late at night/early in the morning. I was alone with my stuffed animals when at least fifteen people dressed in shiny black coats carrying Polaris Entertainment-produced weaponry entered my home without my permission. I couldn't even scream from the absolute shock of it all. They didn't hurt me physically though, bless their souls. I don't remember what happened next. I just remember waking up the next day in the whitest room I've ever seen. And a few minutes after that, the president of South Korea, Kim Jong-Un... wait, that's the North Korean president. I mean, Moon Jae-In, entered my room.

He told me I was chosen as one of five South Korean citizens to take part in an experiment that aims to save humankind. I and four other lucky people would be extensively trained by the Korea Aerospace Exploration Agency for just a month to survive in space. I'm sure it's obvious by now but I'm definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer, let's get that out there, so I wasn't sure how I was gonna survive in space. I can't even cook rice in a rice cooker, for God's sake. How was I gonna learn how to operate a spacecraft in a month? I was gonna tell him I can't do it but he wasn't exactly asking for my permission. This is worse than signing a slave contract with SM Entertainment. I didn't even get to sign anything. So for the next month, I was trained alone by a lovely Korean-Russian cosmonaut. And you bet I aced the training like I did most things... I'm joking, of course I sucked real bad but I was still somehow deemed fit for space travel.

Now here's where my memory fails me. It must be the impact of space travel or maybe my brain just isn't wired to remember the most important things but I don't quite remember the journey itself. I was assigned to travel a few galaxies away from the Milky Way, enter a black hole named, ironically, BU55Y, and hope that I somehow end up in a world free from the pandemic. I was told I was assigned to the latest black hole the agency discovered so they literally don't know shit about what would happen to me when I go in there. I was told I just needed to believe. And so I did. And now I'm here, living in a planet so foreign yet somehow so familiar. I married the person [citation needed] who rescued me when I arrived at BU55YLAND. And you won't believe this... but I'm actually the biggest pop star in this planet. I told you this place is both foreign and familiar.

Being this planet's biggest pop star has its perks, true, but it also comes with a lot of pain. When my husband first discovered that I could sing, he made it his mission to make me BU55YLAND's biggest star. But he knew I had to hide my real identity or else I'd be sent back by the authorities to wherever I came from. I adapted a new name. I never spoke to any press, never had any interviews. I'd prepare for my stage, sing my songs and go home almost immediately. That was my routine for two decades now. And this drove people crazy. All types of rumours followed me - that I was not a BU55YLAND native (true), that I was made in a factory (partly true; I had to give up some of my vital organs and have them replaced with shatterproof metals and shit so I'd survive the space travel), that I was an industry plant (untrue; I am not Ava Max, please). And honestly, I'm tired of hiding. And over time, I have grown confident that the BU55YLAND populace won't exactly murder me or worse, send me back to Earth once they learn I am not one of them. I will be accepted. I will be loved.

So to celebrate my 20th year here on BU55YLAND, I am finally taking off my mask. And I'm gonna do it the most extra way. I will release a new album containing 10 songs. These will be remakes of songs from 2020, the year I left Earth for good. But I can only choose one song as my title track. And I'm gonna need your help deciding that.

This is...

[​IMG]

Well, hello there, oppa-deul and unnies. I hope y'all enjoyed the ballad of Bombarella. If you didn't read all of that (wouldn't hold it against you), don't worry, I, @Slice of Life, am here with the TL;DR version:

☊ Yes, this is still the K-Pop Song of the Year (#KSOTY2020) Rate. In a pool of 100 songs, we are to decide which is The Best K-Pop Song of the Year 2020.
    ☊ The winning song will be be the title track of Bombarella's new album.
    ☊ Uh, I guess that's it.

But yes, welcome to the K-Pop Song of the Year (#KSOTY2020) Rate. Remember the fun and mess we had for the #KSOTY2019 Rate? Yeah, let's all do that all over again!

[​IMG]

2. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

From SUPERTRASH... to SUPERSARANG... to SUPERSALVATION... to SUPER별 (SUPERBYEOL).

What is a SUPERBYEOL SONG? It's a song, released in 2020 of course, that you love but didn't do that well on the K-Popjustice Charts and therefore isn't included in our initial list of songs to be rated. It can be any song as long as you love it. No other qualifiers.

By becoming SUPERBYEOL SONGS, they will be included in the songs we will be rating.

But here's the catch: we only have space for forty SUPERBYEOL SONGS. Because not every song is meant to become a star.

There will be four rounds of SUPERBYEOL. The first 10 people to complete the missions in a round shall be entitled to submit one (1) SUPERBYEOL SONG. And every round will happen spontaneously so you better click that "WATCH THREAD" button to not miss any updates. For the first two rounds, only the 53 people who voted during the #KSOTY2019 Rate can participate. The third and fourth round will be open to all.

So for the first round, here are the mechanics:
    1. Like the opening post.
    2. Name one (1) of the first 10 persons in space that are not from Soviet Union/Russia or USA. State their name, nationality, and the date they died. No repetitions of answers allowed. You cannot copy an already entered answer. PLEASE POST YOUR ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD.

First round will close when all 10 slots are filled. I will post and tag the 10 people who successfully won the round. They will need to submit their SUPERBYEOL SONGS before January 2, 2021, 23:59 GMT.

The first round starts now.

3. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

Finally, here are the songs we will be rating for this edition of the KSOTY Rate.

0415 - Yerin Baek
    Alien - Lee Suhyun
    Apple - GFriend
    ASSA - cignature
    Ayayaya - IZ*ONE
    Back Door - Stray Kids
    Barbie - Jang Yeeun
    Bazooka! - GWSN
    Beach Again - SSAK3
    Better - BoA
    Better - Twice
    Black Mamba - aespa
    Boca - Dreamcatcher
    Bouncy - Rocket Punch
    Butterfly - WJSN
    Cool - Weki Meki
    Criminal - Taemin
    Cry for Me - Twice
    Cut Me Off - BoA
    Day & Night - LOONA
    Dazzle Dazzle - Weki Meki
    Dear Me - Taeyeon
    Dessert (feat. Soyeon & Loopy) - HYO
    Diver - YooA
    Dolphin - Oh My Girl
    Dream in a Dream - Lovelyz
    Dream of You (with R3HAB) - Chungha
    Dumhdurum - Apink
    Dun Dun - Everglow
    eight (feat. Suga) - IU
    Endless Night - Dreamcatcher
    Feel Good (Secret Code) - fromis_9
    Fiesta - IZ*ONE
    Future - Red Velvet
    Ghosting - TXT
    Girls - Nature
    Goblin (Favorite Boys) - A.C.E
    Good Guy - SF9
    Helicopter - CLC
    Holo - Lee Hi
    How You Like That - BLACKPINK
    I Can't Stop Me - Twice
    Ice Cream - BLACKPINK & Selena Gomez
    Initial S - Sori
    J.us.T - Eyedi
    La Di Da - Everglow
    La La La - Bling Bling
    Labyrinth - GFriend
    LALALILALA - April
    Lay Back - VERIVERY
    Lie - Imfact
    Life Sucks - HA:TFELT
    Like This - STAYC
    Losing You - Wonho
    Love Me or Leave Me - DAY6
    Lovesick Girls - BLACKPINK
    Mago - GFriend
    Monster - Red Velvet - Irene & Seulgi
    More & More - Twice
    Music, Dance - NCT 127
    Naughty - Red Velvet - Irene & Seulgi
    No Big Deal - Elris
    Nonstop - Oh My Girl
    Not Shy - ITZY
    Obliviate - Lovelyz
    Ohio - Crush
    Oopsy - Weki Meki
    Panorama - IZ*ONE
    Physical (feat. Hwa Sa) - Dua Lipa
    pit-a-pet - Yukika
    Poison - Dahye
    pporappippam - Sunmi
    Ready or Not - Momoland
    Red Sun - Dreamcatcher
    Say My Name - ANS
    Say My Name - Hyolyn
    Scandalous - KEEMBO
    Scream - Dreamcatcher
    Secret Story of the Swan - IZ*ONE
    Sequence - IZ*ONE
    So Bad - STAYC
    So What - LOONA
    Soul Lady - Yukika
    Sour Candy - Lady Gaga & BLACKPINK
    Stay Tonight - Chungha
    Sukhumvit Swimming - ONF
    Tag Me (@Me) - Weeekly
    That's A No No - ITZY
    Tiger Eyes - Ryu Su Jeong
    Universe - LOONA
    Untouchable - Everglow
    Voice - LOONA
    Waking Up Down - Yaeji
    Wannabe - ITZY
    We Ride - Brave Girls
    What Do I Call You - Taeyeon
    Why Not? - LOONA
    Wing - Park Ji Hoon
    Wish - Dreamnote
    Yesterday - Yukika
    Zombie - DAY6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

0415 - Yerin Baek
    Alien - Lee Suhyun
    Apple - GFriend
    ASSA - cignature
    Ayayaya - IZ*ONE
    Back Door - Stray Kids
    Barbie - Jang Yeeun
    Bazooka! - GWSN
    Beach Again - SSAK3
    Better - BoA
    Better - Twice
    Black Mamba - aespa
    Boca - Dreamcatcher
    Bouncy - Rocket Punch
    Butterfly - WJSN
    Cool - Weki Meki
    Criminal - Taemin
    Cry for Me - Twice
    Cut Me Off - BoA
    Day & Night - LOONA
    Dazzle Dazzle - Weki Meki
    Dear Me - Taeyeon
    Dessert (feat. Soyeon & Loopy) - HYO
    Diver - YooA
    Dolphin - Oh My Girl
    Dream in a Dream - Lovelyz
    Dream of You (with R3HAB) - Chungha
    Dumhdurum - Apink
    Dun Dun - Everglow
    eight (feat. Suga) - IU
    Endless Night - Dreamcatcher
    Feel Good (Secret Code) - fromis_9
    Fiesta - IZ*ONE
    Future - Red Velvet
    Ghosting - TXT
    Girls - Nature
    Goblin (Favorite Boys) - A.C.E
    Good Guy - SF9
    Helicopter - CLC
    Holo - Lee Hi
    How You Like That - BLACKPINK
    I Can't Stop Me - Twice
    Ice Cream - BLACKPINK & Selena Gomez
    Initial S - Sori
    J.us.T - Eyedi
    La Di Da - Everglow
    La La La - Bling Bling
    Labyrinth - GFriend
    LALALILALA - April
    Lay Back - VERIVERY
    Lie - Imfact
    Life Sucks - HA:TFELT
    Like This - STAYC
    Losing You - Wonho
    Love Me or Leave Me - DAY6
    Lovesick Girls - BLACKPINK
    Mago - GFriend
    Monster - Red Velvet - Irene & Seulgi
    More & More - Twice
    Music, Dance - NCT 127
    Naughty - Red Velvet - Irene & Seulgi
    No Big Deal - Elris
    Nonstop - Oh My Girl
    Not Shy - ITZY
    Obliviate - Lovelyz
    Ohio - Crush
    Oopsy - Weki Meki
    Panorama - IZ*ONE
    Physical (feat. Hwa Sa) - Dua Lipa
    pit-a-pet - Yukika
    Poison - Dahye
    pporappippam - Sunmi
    Ready or Not - Momoland
    Red Sun - Dreamcatcher
    Say My Name - ANS
    Say My Name - Hyolyn
    Scandalous - KEEMBO
    Scream - Dreamcatcher
    Secret Story of the Swan - IZ*ONE
    Sequence - IZ*ONE
    So Bad - STAYC
    So What - LOONA
    Soul Lady - Yukika
    Sour Candy - Lady Gaga & BLACKPINK
    Stay Tonight - Chungha
    Sukhumvit Swimming - ONF
    Tag Me (@Me) - Weeekly
    That's A No No - ITZY
    Tiger Eyes - Ryu Su Jeong
    Universe - LOONA
    Untouchable - Everglow
    Voice - LOONA
    Waking Up Down - Yaeji
    Wannabe - ITZY
    We Ride - Brave Girls
    What Do I Call You - Taeyeon
    Why Not? - LOONA
    Wing - Park Ji Hoon
    Wish - Dreamnote
    Yesterday - Yukika
    Zombie - DAY6

4. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

1. Rate all the songs from 0 to 10. You can use the following decimals if you want to be very precise with your scoring: .25, .50 & .75. All other decimals are not allowed.

2. You may give one song - and just one - your coveted score of 11.

3. Commentary is not mandatory but is very welcome. I love commentary! Bury me in commentary, unnies!

4. You must rate every song. No exceptions.

5. Please please please submit your scores in the order I list them. It makes everything easier for everyone.

6. You may change only one score after you submit your votes. Once your scores are in, they're locked. If you reconsider, you may have one change on one single song. This is to cut down on spreadsheet errors and miscommunication, so please think things over before you send!

7. Absolutely no trolling allowed. Trust me, I know what trolling looks like and I will not hesitate to publicly shame you for being a twat, I mean, troll. Trolling does not achieve anything except be an annoyance so please do not engage in such activity.

8. To combat trolling more effectively, you must give commentary to any song you scored below a 4.00. I will further examine the commentary if it is acceptable.

9. There is no number 9. Scroll down and pretend that it exists.

10. Accept Shaman Unnie as the inventor of the COVID-19 vaccine.

5. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

JANUARY 02
    Deadline of submission of SUPERBYEOL SONGS

JANUARY 03
    Official start of voting period

FEBRUARY 18
    Official end of voting period

6. Slice of Life

7. Slice of Life

8. 1. Like the opening post.
    2. Mirosław Hermaszewski, Polish, still living

9. Omg the professionalism on display yasss!

im going to try Sigmund Jähn from Germany who died 21st September 2019 (RIP king)

10. Bertalan Farkas, Hungary, still alive!

[​IMG]

11. aux

aux

Arnaldo Tamayo Méndez, from Cuba, still alive.

[​IMG]

12. Vladimir Remek, Czechoslovakia, alive today.
    Also the Russian ambassador for Czechia between 2014 and 2018.

13. Slice of Life

Why are gay people so competitive bye

14. I will end you for that, you know that?

15. Jügderdemidiin Gürragchaa, Mongolia and he is still living? Legendary

16. Because we all grew up in counties where there were only about three wlw?

17. aux

aux

These graphics are a motherfucking serve. @vague, girl, you have done it again. Constantly raising the bar for us all, and doing it flawlessly. I’d say I’m surprised... but I know who you are! Girl, you make me so proud. And I love you.

[​IMG]

18. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Georgi Ivanov from Bulgaria. Still alive!

19. Muhammed Faris, joint 202nd and first Syrian in space. STILL ALIVE oop forgot!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  20. Hey

Phạm Tuân, Vietnam, still alive

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.