Kygo General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

Kygo General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aidan, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Shinko likes this.
  2. Jam alert. I love the song structure.

I lost it a little bit when the snaps came in.

3. It's "ID" (his Ultra festival "anthem") with Ella's vocals. Not a bad thing. But if feels a bit familiar.

4. Is Ella Henderson the new kween of the dancefloor?

Island and stuaw like this.
  5. I normally can't stand Kygo and his awful beige tropical house (his a-ha remix is dreadful), but Ella's vocals makes this quite decent.

6. I'm actually super ignorant when it comes to tropical house and anything even house-adjacent, but I listened to this off the strength of an awesome remix he did for a Kyla La Grange track, and I'm definitely low-key here for this. I'm not normally into Ella either, but I think it works in a bit of a generic end-of-summer kind of way.

7. I love Ella but this hasn't clicked with me yet.

8. Loving this track, looks like it should be another top 10/5 for Ella which can only be good for her next era.

9. I love this. Ella's voice elevates it immensely.

10. I like the song with Ella! It's a bit Adele does uninteresting topline, but it's good. Kygo is yet to come up with something truly GREAT, though. His production is always pleasant, but I still haven't heard any song by him that makes me go this is it.

11. I'm sure you already have, but if not, listen to his remix of 'Sexual Healing' or 'Younger'. They hit the nail on the head.

I pretty much think he's the best thing out there at the moment.

12. This has been used so often for random moments on TV in the past few months...
    I pretty much love everything Ella does and this is no exception. It's just as good as the "Gorgon City" track of the same name.

"Firestone" is huge, that's a once-in-a-lifetime track.

13. His problem is that he never changes things up. It always sounds the same. The three tracks he's put out are so very similar there's very little variation. His remixes are far superior to his original songs.

AlmostMidnight, lushLuck and Blob like this.
  14. Snippet of his new song with Foxes. Looks like you might finally be getting your wish of a different sound. Less of a chill tropical house song, and more of a straightforward piano driven dance-pop song. Interested to see how it turns out.

The preview cuts off what might be a big breakdown so I'm excited to see the whole song. Definitely one of my favorite DJs and producers on the scene right now. I think he's got more to offer than Firestone and Stole the Show.

15. Firestone was top notch. Nothing's he's done since has quite exceeded that one for me, although some of his remixes like Sexual Healing were pretty close.

16. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I've fallen in love with this track, interesting combination.

17. Its exceptional. There's a track with Tom Odell coming up on his album that is easily the best thing he's ever done. By a long way.

18. Is the Foxes track still happening/on the album?

Kyle., Poker Pro and Shinko like this.
  19. I've only just discovered him today after I listened to some previews of his songs on iTunes. I knew Ella had worked with a DJ but didn't anything more about who it was.

Anyway, I really like Firestone and Stole the Show and the rest of the tracks are all pretty good that you get when you preorder the album.

I wonder if the Ella track will be on there? He hasn't revealed the full track list yet.

Shinko likes this.
  20. The album is out! It's a nice album... it just plods on though there isn't anything special about it. Even the Foxes track is slightly disappointing. Firestones remains his best song.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.