Kygo General Discussion | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Kygo General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aidan, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Me: Okay, but does the world really need a Kygo remix of What's Love Got To Do With It?

Also me:

[​IMG]

Stuart, Andrew.L, Alenko and 12 others like this.
  2. I totally agree with this! I'd never heard Whitneys Higher Love before Kygos version and it was my favourite song of 2019 but most people know Whats Love love Kelly the back of their hand so this doesn't feel so amazing, it's still a bop though, obviously.

AdzBrown likes this.
  3. It doesn’t have the same euphoric high as Higher Love - I’m incapable of listening to it without breaking into dance - but it’s still a lovely bop.

4. It honestly doesn't sound that different to the original... which is what makes it both kind of amazing and kind of pointless ddd

Andrew.L and johnny_tsunami like this.
  5. I like that he is pretty much remastering the songs rather than remixing them. Bringing them up to date. He'd do well to do an album or an EP of that.

Smooth Criminal and seaodw like this.
  6. I was a bit meh on this at first but have no done a total 180. It probably has helped that the weather has finally gotten better the last few days but this has been on repeat and giving me life. The video is cute too

Also on a shallow note only now went and looked at his Instagram. Hey Daddy give me bops and shirtless Instagrams all day.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  7. Add something by Janet, Donna Summer and Toni Braxton and do that EP.

Andrew.L likes this.
  8. The original is Top 10 Best Songs Ever so this is okay at best. Here for Jacks and Ellas discovering Tina though.

Also here for Kygo becoming 2020s “please give my ageing pop queen a hit like Believe”

Mikey1701, Poker Pro, Blond and 5 others like this.
  9. #26 in the midweeks.....disappointing to say the least

10. Disappointing? It's not on any key streaming playlist yet, it's a miracle it's top 30 already and it's all due to iTunes.

11. Yeah it's 2020 and Kygo is hardly a guaranteed hitmaker. His last 3 in the UK had 46, 49 and 77 peaks. Streams are looking promising, I reckon it's headed top 10.

Agreed that the vocal is buried too deep to really feel euphoric but otherwise this is well executed.

12. Could someone help me ?
    What's the difference between
    Kygo - Firestone (Live Acoustic Version)
    Kygo - Firestone (Fireworks Version)
    ?

13. It's basically What's Love Got To Do With It after a huge huff of poppers, but I enjoy it a lot.

14. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

For something so aimless in concept this is so addictive!

Andrew.L likes this.

15. Kygo is keeping us fed.

Jamie, lushLuck and spaceship like this.
  16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Of all her songs.....does Hot Stuff really need his bleeps and bloops.

SlowGinFizzzz likes this.
  17. I still think the Whitney mix worked so well because it wasn’t already a massive hit for her. I don’t really need his versions of classics...let’s breathe new life into a deep cut. Or why not underrated classic “Stamp Your Feet”?

18. Yesssss I'm excited for this !

But this already sounds better.

lushLuck likes this.
  19. Is this like...his new "thing" now? Because honestly something about it makes me mildly uneasy and I can't articulate what.

thommyh, Neon Green, 4Roses and 11 others like this.
  20. It's gentrifying gay songs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.