Kyla La Grange - General Discussion | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Kyla La Grange - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Yggdra, May 25, 2012.

1. It was listed as deluxe when I pre-ordered in March, but then if you click on the product in the actual Amazon order, it just links through to the standard. So I presume they just forgot to rename the product in the order.

2. Cut Your Teeth is my favourite song of the year so far. I didn't know her, but her debut album is actually good, and I expect the second one to be properly amazing seeing as the first single and The Knife are such gems.

3. I honestly thought this would be a throw-away album I wanted to like but didn't.

It's actually great.

4. Her last (deluxe) album went from £12.99 to £3 within four week thanks to a HMV sale so I'm just going to wait for this one. I have more new albums than I have time to listen to them just now, so I'm trying to be sensible and I'm not in a massive rush to get to this right away.

5. New fan here. The album is excellent, will definitely buy this. I always ignored her because about 3 years ago she was all over MySpace and these things annoy me. Get It is my favorite.

6. The deluxe edition tracks are all so wonderful as well, particularly "Big Eyes" and "Make Me Pay". I really think this album is on par with "Samson & Delilah" in terms of quality.

7. A&E

A&E

"Make Me Pay"... tears in my eyes. Beats most of the standard tracks for me.

8. It's one of those very rare cases where the deluxe tracks match/outshine some of the standard tracks in quality. All four are just amazing

9. She definitely needs a European tour for this album.

10. Downloaded the deluxe tracks (Will go and buy the CD tomorrow) and the vocals that are happening on Lyssa right now... Flawless in every way.
    She really is one of the UK's best vocalists right now and it is criminal that so few people are aware of who she is.

11. For those of you with the physical albums, did Jakwob produce the whole album? Wikipedia says he did, but I was under the impression you'd also worked with the guy who produced some of the Daughter album. Did she co-write any of the song at all, or was it a 100% her. Damn digital copies and their lack of booklets!

12. A&E

A&E

From http://www.qobuz.com/album/cut-your-teeth-kyla-la-grange/0886444324984

1. Cut Your Teeth
    Kyla La Grange: Composer, Lyricist, Producer
    Jakwob: Mixing Engineer, Other, Producer, Programmer
    Charlie Thomas: Engineer

2. Maia
    Kyla La Grange: Composer, Guitar, Keyboards, Lyricist, Producer

3. Cannibals
    Alessio Ippolito: Guitar
    Mike Park: Drums
    Charlie Thomas: Engineer, Mixing Engineer

4. I Don't Hate You
    Wez Clarke: Mixing Engineer

5. White Doves
    Kyla La Grange: Composer, Keyboards, Lyricist, Producer

6. I'll Call for You
    Kyla La Grange: Composer, Lyricist, Other, Producer
    Jas Shaw: Mixing Engineer, Other, Producer

7. The Knife
    Kyla La Grange: Composer, Keyboards, Lyricist, Producer
    Joy Leah Joseph: Drums

8. Fly

9. Never That Young
    Jinnwoo: Featured Artist

10. Get It
    Alessio Ippolito: Guitar
    Wez Clarke: Mixing Engineer

11. Big Eyes
    Kyla La Grange: Composer, Lyricist, Other, Producer
    Jas Shaw: Mixing Engineer, Other, Producer

12. Make Me Pay
    Kyla La Grange: Composer, Lyricist, Other
    Igor Haefeli: Other, Producer
    Neil Comber: Mixing Engineer
    Daniel Moyler: Engineer

13. Raise the Dead

14. Lyssa
    Kyla La Grange: Composer, Lyricist
    David Pye: Mixing Engineer, Producer

All tracks:
    Stuart Hawkes: Mastering Engineer

13. Her songs had finally clicked with me.

14. Still very amazing but I don't particularly care for 'Big Eyes' or 'Make Me Pay' but 'Raise The Dead' and 'Lyssa' are excellent.

The only track on the main album I dislike is 'I'll Call For You' which I find really dull, if she replaced this with 'Raise The Dead' and made 'Lyssa' the closer this would've been perfect.

Lyssa is the only track that could've fit on Ashes, it has a very rootsy/folksy flavor and the production is much less synth-heavy, melodically and tone-wise it would have tied the record off perfectly.

It's hardly a hit but I'm glad it has made it further chart-wise than her debut.

15. Ooooh.....I was expecting to like this more - maybe it'll grow on me!

16. Loop songs like White Doves, Cannibals, Fly and Raise The Dead and you'll soon find yourself swooning over it.

I know this might sound weird, but does anybody else feel like this was actually a rather smooth transition in genre? I know on paper, folk and electronica are practically on opposite ends of the spectrum, but this album feels very organic in a similar way that Ashes did

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  17. Make Me Pay is breathtaking, she just channels so much emotion it's overwhelming.

18. The Kygo Remix of Cut Your Teeth is kinda better than the original isn't it? One of those remixes that deserves to be bigger than the original song, unlike say Stay High.

19. A&E

A&E

Well the remix is alright but it just throws a balearic beat and a cheap tropical synth hook over the song... I don't know. I prefer the subdued original, the mood of the remix doesn't suit the lyrics. This sound would have been a better fit.

20. It already started dropping like a hot stone but it was fun while it lasted ...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.