Kylie - Golden | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie - Golden

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Elvenpath, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. hahah - just pre-ordered the shit out of this

Ray and LPT like this.
  2. Looks very San Tropez.

3. I need this in my life! I don't know about you all, but Kylie is my favorite female artist of all time! She's like the only solo female artist that I can listen to all day, like 24 hours straight! So I cannot wait for this next chapter, hit or hitless.

RRS, WhatKindOfKylie? and Mikey1701 like this.
  4. Isn't that what Kiss Me Once actually is?

Ray, roblognick and blod like this.
  5. Once you get past the terrible opening three tracks and Mr. President I guess it is. But they were cherrypicked from three separate albums she made, it wasn't cohesive sonically whatsoever. There must be a way to blend the two seamlessly.

6. Well, I think it is my favourite Kylie album. I am not a big fan of her even though I am familiar with 95% of her output but I really liked Kiss Me Once. It was such a nice little album to listen to.

I even liked (loved) Beautiful. The only song I never enjoyed was Fine.

7. I would very much love some ridiculous moments a la Mr. President, but plush electro songs in the vein of Shine or Y&Y could be absolute magic for her. Whatever the music is, I just need Miss K to sell it with a great new incarnation and strong art direction.
    Could it be possible she gets some crazy sample and earns a moderate Hung Up moment? I feel like that's what she needs to make her way in the streaming era and not miss Top 100 altogether. Into the Blue was released during a time when digital downloads still made sense. But with streaming, she's pretty much nonexistent. UNLESS there's a massive earworm on the way. It only takes one, Kylie.

8. I just want a album with songs like "Love at first sight", "Spinning around", "Disco Down".

In other words just a mix of the "Light Years" and "Fever" albums updated with a bit of a 2017 sound.

It would also be nice to have album that is only upbeat songs.. save the midtempo or ballads for bonus tracks or other projects.

hownee likes this.
  9. Aren't most of her albums made of 80% of upbeat songs anyway?

Vasilios likes this.
  10. Ooh, exciting. Kylie can do no wrong. I remember how I wasn't very much into Aphrodite when it came our after fantastic X, but then I came around to it and it's amazing now. Kiss Me Once was very good as well, even if a tad on the safer side sound wise. Still who am I to talk when I adore I Was Gonna Cancel. BRING IT, Kylie!

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  11. I still think despite a poor era for Kiss Me Once, the album itself is still very good if not nothing groundbreaking. Just solid pop. Also, am I the only one who found Into The Blue so lifeless and flat when she sung it live? Especially the "Eeh ooh ooh" chant bit.

12. Reported.

I can't talk, I stan for Word Is Out and everyone here appears to hate it.

13. Not quite everyone hates it dear...

14. Into The Blue is just a tepid, phoned in clone of I Believe In You, which wasn't that good anyway.

15. I still remember ITV choosing to end their concert broadcast of it with All The Lovers instead.

Mikey1701 likes this.
  16. Kylie self-referencing generally makes me apprehensive. But this time around, she referenced Slow. There is hope.

17. Kylie Minogue x Impossible Princess, please.

18. SBK

SBK

It was more the sense of "All The Lovers was her biggest single in ten + years, lets clone that, because thats what people like" around it. I mean its okay, its nice live, but its not All The Lovers, which was down the same road as I believe in you, but on the opposite side of the street.

19. I'm definitely here for the slower jams if they're as good as Slow and Chocolate. Take a risk or two Kylie, It always pays off.

Island likes this.
  20. Kiss Me Once was a decent album but yeah I'd prefer for her to go a bit left field this time around. I still like I Was Gonna Cancel but that video is completely garbage. Kind of hilarious that it's not even the worst thing in her videography.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.