Kylie - Golden | Page 565 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie - Golden

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Elvenpath, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm a mess! Music's Too Sad is hauntingly beautiful. This really is shaping up to becoming one of, if not the best album of Kylie's career. I am finding it hard to fault anything.

I can't wait for the 12x12 book, the BTS of the shoot looks amazing.

I'd like to hold off until Friday from anything else new, but I don't know if I'll have the willpower at this stage.

@biff stannard I'm SUPER excited to hear Shelby '68 and adore what's been released so far so if you think Lost Without You is even better, well, I might actually implode.

muddleddreams, mcuk, LeBratt and 7 others like this.
  2. I need the full album to judge tibbs. Raining Glitter is my fav so far at least.

3. Positive review from the Metro.

4. Love this. ^

I'll probably get tarred and feathered round these parts for admitting that although I've loved Kylie since I was in single digits, I've never found her to be an effective balladeer. But between this gorgeousness and Radio On (assuming the studio recording is as good as the live performances of that one), I'll happily eat crow.

Is there one EP on the album responsible for the overall sound? I'm so delighted with how relaxed and at ease her voice sounds on everything we've heard. It seems it's easy for well intentioned producers to make Kylie's vocals too nasal or too shrill or too chirpy, but she sounds so grounded and assured on everything we've heard from Golden thus far while still sounding authentically "Kylie". What a great era this is turning out to be.

5. I mean I've never thought she's had too many great ballads either, it's just never been her forte.

6. She sounds good on musics too sad, but I can’t help but feel it’s a boring song. Sounds more like a bonus track or b-side to me. Everything else has been way better based on the singles and live performances.

#Goldenbears and KYLE like this.
  7. Read that on my way to work this morning, lovely photo, just a shame it's the same ol' same ol'! Even the headline "Me marry? Kylie Unlikely" Groan! Must be so frustrating for her!

Ferk and Ray like this.
  8. What is this obsession UK media has with her marital status?

WhipperSnapper and LPT like this.
  9. Because 'Kylie Lonely', 'Kylie Looking For Love' or their favourite 'Kylie not Lucky Lucky Lucky in Love' create more interest than 'Kylie Goes Country' in their demographic.

10. So, Raining Glitter is a tune isn’t it?

11. Music's Too Sad Without You is gorgeous. Each track just gets better than the last.

12. I love the thought of Kylie’s little elves all working away making Golden CDs...

... when it reality it’s some 18 year old lad on minimum wage who has never heard a Kylie album in his life.

13. My mum, a guaranteed Kylie lead-single fan, doesn't like Dancing and I don't know what to do? She's seen her live twice, generally gets on board with every campaign but muttered that Dancing was "a bit too country" for her.

Flop mum.

14. Flop Fan, not Mum though.

chrisconfessed likes this.
  15. It's really silly, but I also think it's great there is an example of a positive and confident woman who has chosen not to marry or have children without the always-associated pity or regret with this sort of thing. It's very tired and Kylie is a lot more than that, but there are worse things she could be than someone who has carved a non-traditional life without apologies. The world needs more people like her.

LPT likes this.
  16. Guys... I need this album now. It feels like the longest wait ever!!!!

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  17. Ray

Ray

I thought that was quite amusing achowally.

theincredibleflipper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.