Kylie - Golden | Page 570 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie - Golden

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Elvenpath, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I appreciate the beautiful guitars and dreaminess on a lot of the tracks, the uptempos feel a little 'cut from the same cloth' but inevitably the lyrics prop them up. (thankfully) The ballads and midtempos are actually the best on here, surprisingly.

Its a cohesive and fun album but I think it could have used some editing or some different structure in places. The vocal processing in some parts are very ??? and I don't usually care or notice these things. I'm certain I like it more the Kiss Me Once, that's for sure.

Chris_P and inevitable like this.
  2. I'm waiting but I shall stay perched to see what everyone thinks in the meantime.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  3. Hurrah! Am doing the same thing.

4. Not "Low Blow" having a chant, oooOOOOOHWOOOOOOAH.

5. I’ve downloaded it to listen to on my way to and from work tomorrow. I’ve only heard Dancing and briefly caught Falling on the radio in the background so I’m intrigued by hearing the work that’s divided so many people!

6. I wasn't that keen on "Golden" (the song) at the London gig, but the studio version is so good.

SBK likes this.
  7. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I am absolutely waiting.

djessie, Ferk and digitalkaiser like this.
  8. I’m holding off so I can hear it for the first time when my vinyl copy arrives, but it’s so exciting seeing these comments!

djessie likes this.
  9. I’m gonna wait until Thursday midnight too, but all the comments I’ve heard from people are so exciting.

Ferk and inevitable like this.
  10. It's my favorite track, but I agree, the studio version is kind of disappointing. It popped OFF live, and while it's still great, there is something about the studio version that has disappointed me. It's muddy.

11. SBK

SBK

Fuck, its all so good.

Yours sincerely is gorgeous.

jvckkk and OffTo like this.
  12. W2K

W2K

The three already released tracks sound so much better in the context of the whole album.

13. Lost Without You is huge highlight, not sure why this wasn't considered lead single material...?

blaze_dave likes this.
  14. Uno

Uno

I'm not patient enough to wait, but can't find the leak anywhere. My PMs are open though!

#Goldenbears likes this.
  15. Currently on Live a Little. What kind of Gwen Stefani & Mika duet? Amazing.

16. I'm currently on my hols so I'm going to make this album the soundtrack to my last few days! Also, apparently my clear vinyl has dispatched from HMV.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  17. The last 2 songs are definitely the weakest of the lot.

18. "Love" would have been great on Shania's last album. Kylie's been my number 1 since "I should be so lucky" and I think this might be her best album? The ballads are the best she's ever done.

19. W2K

W2K

Oh Lost Without You is gorgeous.

blaze_dave and digitalkaiser like this.
  20. ACTUALLY, nawt me loving all the bonus tracks more then a lot of the main album.

inevitable likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.