Kylie - Golden | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie - Golden

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Elvenpath, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At least half of this thread so far has been discussion of KMO tracks or past albums, or she shoulda, coulda, woulda hypotheticals, which kind of just means it's the same as the general KM thread. Not a whole lot of info about the "upcoming new studio album" to be found here...

2. Poor it.

3. SBK

SBK

Yeah, we should really discuss the new single or something.

ItTakesAMuscle, Larsen and HEARTCORE like this.
  4. More than anything I want team Kylie to go back to releasing the best songs on the album rather than the songs they think will be cool or trend chasing.

5. I'd be happy with a 12 track album, no need for a deluxe version with extras.
    Solid / old school 12 tracks. Couple of ballads, a few mid tempos, some great pop bangers. Lyrically I'd like everything to be a bit more coherent.

6. This is the case with 99% of the new album threads until a single or, y'know, the album, comes along.

Larsen and inevitable like this.
  7. Ariel Rechtshaid must make another appearance on the new album. If Only is still one of the best pop songs I've ever heard.

neinzedd, Island, AndrewX and 3 others like this.
  8. If Only actually being rehearsed and then cut from the Kiss Me Once tour at the last minute is still a travesty to this day.

9. Ray

Ray

I would love a KM17. Produced by Ariel, Guy Sigsworth and Garibay. And because it needs a terrible M People moment that will age horribly, throw a "Bitch I'm Kylie" at the end.

mcuk and blod like this.
  10. Time Will Pass You By isn't the only KM94 track that has aged horribly, let's be honest. Where Is The Feeling is so dated it should be in a museum, and If I Was Your Lover already sounded about 3 years behind the curve at the time.

11. Deja Vu is an amazing album, so if Moroder can create something akin to that with Kyles I'll be a very happy homo.

roblognick likes this.
  12. Ray

Ray

1) No.
    2) No.

None of them exactly sound new in 2017, but also none of them has aged terribly the way "Time Has Passed It By" did.

First nine tracks of KM94 aged like this:

[​IMG]

"Time Has Passed It By" aged like this:
    [​IMG]

13. I would LOVE that! Moroder's album is bop central!

14. KMO is a decent album (bar Beautiful which has been deleted from my iTunes and will never return) but the whole era was lacking in quite a few things; single worthy songs, decent videos (Sexercise was probably the best and that wasn't even a single), good imagery (quite a dip in quality compared from the Aphrodite era). It all felt a bit half-arsed to me.

15. Ray

Ray

The covers for "Cancel" and "Into The Blue" were great. The album cover just looks like she died.

I would really love "Beautiful" without that vocoder/autotune. It makes my teeth grind. If I manage to force myself to survive that intro I really enjoy the song but then the "chorus" comes in and it's just... WHY. See also: "Tom's Diner" by Giorgio and Britney, "True Faith" by George Michael.

Staticboombox likes this.
  16. i wish kylie would work with OLIVER to producer her new album -

blod likes this.
  17. So she was in the studio again today. Do we have any idea with who?

18. yes, she was with Grace Barker (Jonas Blue "By your side"), Gina Kushka (Hurtproof, Bring It Down) and the Invisible Men (Iggy's "Work" and "Fancy", Jessie J "Do it like a dude", "Laserlight", Jonas Blue "By your side", Bebe Rexha ft Nicki M "No broken hearts")

SloMover likes this.
  19. Island

Island Staff Member

NO INVISIBLE MEN UNLESS THEY GIVE KYLIE ANOTHER ON A MISSION.

joe_alouder, Ray, inevitable and 2 others like this.
  20. I'm gonna be obvious and say I'd like Kylie's own On The Metro.

But I'm a bit relieved that it's not Karen Poole (yet, anyway).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.