Kylie - Golden | Page 854 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie - Golden

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Elvenpath, Jan 25, 2017.

1. I hope mine come soon. Popping my Kylie concert cherry.

Jam and SinceYouTookYourPopAway like this.
  2. Rolls eyes re. not re-scheduling her Sydney showcase! So lame!

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  3. She should sing The Gambler by Kenny Rogers!

4. Yes! Glad to know there's also some promo on the way.

5. She canceled it, not him. He struggled to even get the song on his album. He is the one supporting this song, not her. Kind of a bad move on her part because he's huge right now

6. But isnt she supporting it by having it on his album?

7. It was supposed to be her single, but she and her label halted it. Sigala then said he was trying to figure out a way to release it on his own, but probably only managed to get it as an album track after negotiations.

8. That seems odd. It's not like Kylie is currently over-saturating the market and releasing a collaboration would be the straw that broke the camel's back. Plus if it was good enough to initially be a frontrunner for lead single, why not let it be released as a single? It might even get her playlisted by Radio 1 again.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    LP and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  9. Yeah that’s daft. I mean I don’t like riding off youths coatails but Higher was a legitimate smash for her so she should be doing all she can to raise her visability here. Promo is promo especially if he is hot as fuck right now. This isn’t a Pharell situation.

10. Well maybe in the UK market her Golden promo is over-saturating that market?

But if it's a dance/pop Kylie song well then it wouldn't detract from the Golden sound/campaign and would be a nice side project with potential to get picked up by radio?

11. The collaboration most likely wasn’t gonna be a hit regardless of whether it was (feat. Sigala) or (feat. Kylie)

12. True.
    Without radio support, and women over 50 are NOT played on pop radio... Kylie won't ever have a hit song again I think? [file under Madonna]

13. The album tracklisting popped up on Amazon and there is no trace of Kylie, so... either the song didn’t make it, after all of this, or it’s one of the handful of songs that don’t have a feature listed, for some reason.

14. Maybe it will appear on a re-release of Golden?

15. Has she really done that much promo in the UK that she'd be over-saturating the market by releasing a collab though? I wouldn't know because I'm in Australia, but she seems to have been quite quiet this campaign.
    Sigala's last two singles have gone Top 10 in the UK though. And if the song is good, which apparently it was because it was intended to be the lead single before Kylie overhauled the sound of Golden, there's no reason why this collaboration wouldn't be a hit.

16. I also post on sayhey and by the sounds she has 100% saturated the UK market, hence why Golden has sold 100K in the UK.
    I think it's sold 12-15K in Australia BUT let's keep it real, aside from some Berlin hotel room promo interviews, there's been zero promo in Australia!!

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  17. It’s a shame if her team really are being extra precious with the Sigala track, because I’d say “Lullaby” being a hit has done anything but harm for Paloma’s own album campaign!

elektroxx likes this.
  18. Sigala is a huge streaming artist who gets hits. His last single with another non-streaming act was massive... and Team KM don't want him to push a single with Kylie? This some Parlo level BS.

19. Didn’t Gay Times or somebody tweet they heard the Kylie song at an album listening party or something?

elektroxx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.