Kylie, in general. | Page 1802 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie, in general.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Praying it happens!

Here’s the article copied:

Mark Ronson has responded to Kylie Minogue's wish for him to pen her a disco track and admitted he would never turn down the chance to work with the pop "legend"

Mark Ronson would jump at the chance to pen a disco track for Kylie Minogue.

The 'Nothing Breaks Like a Heart' hitmaker has responded after the 50-year-old Australian pop princess revealed she would love to return to the sound she's synonymous for by working with the 'Uptown Funk' producer – after going country on last year's 'Golden'.

On whether he'd be up for producing a track that echoes back to Kylie's huge dance anthems, such as 'Can't Get You Out of My Head', 'Spinning Around' and 'Sexercise', Mark told the Daily Star newspaper: "Kylie always makes such good music, always progressive all of the time.

"So of course I would work with her ... always.

"I would never turn down the chance to work with someone like that.

"That story got good traction and I got some good props that week.

"I first met Kylie at the 2008 BRITS.

"She performed that year, and then I've seen her play a few times since, she is such a legend."

Speaking in September, Kylie said: "I feel a bit of disco coming on next.

"There's actually a big disco section in this show and we all know about it by the end because it nearly takes us all out.

"It's full-on, full-tilt, so that's where I would go at this point."

When asked who she would like to work with on a disco project, she replied: "Mark Ronson I love, of course. He is one of many I'm interested in."

2. I'd be up for that, they'd be a good fit I think.

Sunny B and Robbietoxic like this.
  3. Ooh me too.

So long as it doesn't turn out like Perfect Illusion.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  4. I wonder if any of the possible new songs on the Greatest Hits are all done to go?

5. I stopped reading after that.

6. One of these things is not like the others...

hawkings24, biffy77, Blue6010 and 6 others like this.
  7. Not sure if this has been posted yet but this is basically a cheap knock off of a Golden track

hawkings24 likes this.
  8. Yeah I thought that. Even her performance was very much like how Kylie started dancing on ant and Dec

9. I watched the Kylie Greatest Hits DVD from 2002 last night of all her PWL era videos, she really has always been just the most perfect popstar!

10. Remember that time Kylie invented country?

Ddarko77 and Andsov like this.
  11. *kountry

12. 'Country' Kylie, was a great fit.

distant_cousin and Elvenpath like this.
  13. I heard the most recent Right Here Right Now last night (the Moroder one) and I forgot that it’s a bit of a bop

biffy77 and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  14. Underrated gem this. She looks stunning in the video too.

15. Is it bad I quite like this alternative mix?!

Nothing will ever compare to the timeless released version of course.

aux likes this.
  16. I know there's not too much love around for her cover of Celebration, but this is another great remix of it I think:

17. I've always quite liked this version. I first got the longer version in 1998 from the Greatest Remix Hits. What I like most about that version (and not the short one you've posted) is for the first time you get the final chorus NOT fading out like all the other mixes in existence. (and it's a slightly different phrasing)

hawkings24 and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  18. Sorry to be that person (had a shit day, on another delayed train, generally want to cry so am distracting myself with lovely Kylie) but what do we all think are her Top 10 greatest videos from day one to now? Not necessarily your faves but the ones she should be lauded for?

Perhaps these?

1. Confide
    2. Did it Again
    3. Head
    4. Slow
    5. All the Lovers
    6. Come into My World
    7. What Do I Have to Do?
    8. Put Yourself in my Place
    9. Chocolate
    10. Spinning Around

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  19. Firstly hope you are OK and bearing up!

Good idea, hmm, she's had so so many great ones, and all for different reasons too. Shall have to think...

My personal 10 in release order for the PWL era are anyway are:
    1. I Should Be So Lucky
    2. Je Na Sas Pai Pourquoi
    3. Never Too Late
    4.Better The Devil You Know
    5. Step Back In Time
    6. What Do I Have To Do
    7. Shocked
    8. If You Were With Me Know
    10. What Kind Of Fool

mrdonut likes this.
  20. 01. Put Yourself In My Place
    02. In Your Eyes
    03. Slow
    04. I Believe In You
    05. Get Outta My Way
    06. What Do I Have To Do
    07. Can’t Get You Outta My Head
    08. On A Night Like This
    09. In My Arms
    10. Love At First Sight

Special mentions to Lovers, Word Is Out, Devil, Spinning, Confide and Did It Again because she looks stunning I just rarely choose to watch them or enjoy their editing as much.

mrdonut and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.