Kylie, in general. | Page 1877 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie, in general.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. All the Lovers didn’t stand a chance, in-person promo or not, against California Gurls and Airplanes that week in the UK. Those two were inescapable all Summer.

2. I still can't believe that before 'Spinning Around' came along, they were going to release 'Under The Influence Of Love' as the lead from Light Years.

I love it, but bloody hell.

3. aux

aux

I love the track, but everything about Spinning Around as a lead single just worked. Had it not been for Spinning Around, and Kylie wouldn't be where she is now.

4. I don't think I even realised it was a cover. It's always just been a good album track. I don't love it or hate it.

5. I dislike Under The Influence but then again I am a grumpy bastard sometimes. I also dislike I’m So High which reminds me of Thunderbugs

6. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Moderator

Bittersweet Goodbye and I’m So High don’t really match the vibe or tempo of the rest of the album. But Kids needed to be on for the GP. So, I’d have put Kids between Kookachoo and Under The Influence for a more cohesive 12 track that still flowed.

7. Even if I'm So High didn't match the vibe, it's far too good to leave off the album.

8. I thought rather than first single it was planned as the second single instead of On A Night Like This.

9. I always thought of I'm So High and Disco Down as sister songs? They are closest to each other than any other tracks on the album.

lushLuck likes this.
  10. I'm So High completely matches the overall 'vibe' of the album? Moreso even than the title track itself.

11. I’m So High sounds like a track from Talk on Corners. Not a bad thing.

distant_cousin likes this.
  12. The title track is I Feel Love on poppers and I’m so glad she birthed it into the world.

lushLuck likes this.
  13. In a career filled with "Kylie moments", this surely has to rank as one of the best

Guyhawke!, HorseTears, abael and 5 others like this.
  14. Does Light Years (the song) sample I Feel Love? It sounds a lot like it in places.

15. I can imagine that the carnage you experienced when she effortless segued from Light Years Into Turn It Into Love!

16. Likewise, 2 Hearts never really stood a chance against Bleeding Love, or Rule The World. Kylie's return might have written a million columns, but she still didn't have the might of the SyCo machine in a peak X Factor year.

17. Absolutely this. And this is why it deserves far more credit and respect than it actually gets at times.

jakeyfw and aux like this.
  18. I agree 100% that Spinning Around was perfect for her comeback. Classic disco sounds were back in fashion circa 1998-2001, modern production, matched with the video/hotpants and the self-referencing lyrics was the cherry on top. The public had a soft spot for Kylie, and even though they might not have cared for the material she was doing in the 90s, they kinda knew what she'd been up to the whole time, which meant Spinning Around resonated with them, if they cared to think about the words.

Almost immediately after, a bunch of female artists from 80s period tried to recreate Spinning Around to relaunch themselves without really understanding why it worked for Kylie. They went for camp for camp sake, cheap disco productions and they all failed.

blod, elektroxx and idratherjack like this.
  19. Sheena Easton found rotting.

4Roses, shuper007, The_Rani and 5 others like this.
  20. Oh my god one of my besties was in that video and we lived. Giving Up Giving In.
    megalolz

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.