Kylie, in general. | Page 1985 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie, in general.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Enjoy Yourself and Let's Get To It are both above average to my ears. I prefer both to the debut.

_Gru_, Andsov and WhereIsTheFeeling like this.
  2. It seemed that PWL were using a lot of BVs on most tracks from 91-93. Listen to Bananrama Please Yourself or the Sybil tracks for more of this. It added a different feel to the songs.

Saying that I do wish Too Much Of A Good Thing could be mixed to have a clearer Kylie lead vocal as she sounded great around that time.

3. I know that is the style they were going for, but a few of the tracks I'd just like Kylie's vocal turned up a little bit more.

4. I didn't listen to Let's Get to It in full until recently, and hearing Janet appear on it is so jarring.

5. That’s sort of the point I think.

6. I feel like Let's get to it was a sort of joint thing where Kylie and SW were trying to each prove their versality as artist/producer for future work as the writing was on the wall for any further work together.

7. Weren't "sampling" rules a bit looser back then?

8. I understand it was the point of Too Much of a Good Thing to sound like it did, but I cannot be happy that I cannot even spot Kylie's vocals for the lengthiest parts of it when the very reason I listen to it is to hear Kylie sing it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  9. I always get excited during the second verse when you can clearly hear Kylie singing “and completely”

10. So where's this director's cut of Feel The Fever, @hawkings24 ? :P

11. At least the live version allows a more prominent Kylie vocal to shine (if you ignore the dodgy outfit and choreography)

12. Such a bop this!

13. I kinda like the choreography...

14. I no doubt tried to recreate it myself way back when....whereas now I cringe a little.

15. I love that tour's ProzzieKylie aesthetic.

16. What's not to like?!

roblognick and idratherjack like this.
  17. When she does that bend knee and caress her upper legs bit.. I doubt I’d be able to get back up!

18. I neeeeeed this tour in 4K and in full Dolby surround.

19. Watching these clips and it’s dawning on me how good a dancer she is! I know some of it’s a bit cringey now but her actual dancing is spot on! Go girl

20. Yeah you forget how much she used to dance. Incredible energy and her vocals are still pretty good.

Wayne1978 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.