Kylie, in general. | Page 2004 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie, in general.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Only Poo is appearing far too high on many of your lists.

SlowGinFizzzz likes this.
  2. Even he can't ruin the gorgeousness of 'Only You'.

3. It genuinely shed a tear the first time I heard that song

4. Getting ready for work, and listening to the 2003 masterpiece, that is Body Language. They say that you never forget your first, and well in this, my first Kylie album, I certainly haven't. 16 years on, it still has the touch to make me fall in love with it all over again. That run from Slow to Red Blooded Woman, is especially strong. Bliss!

5. A perfect album in my eyes.

tylerc904 and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  6. Secret (Take You Home) pops the fuck off and it deserved more than to be an obscure radio single in Taiwan and that is that on that.

Womanizer, melodrama, AndrewX and 8 others like this.
  7. You're preaching facts and I love that.

Mikey1701 likes this.
  8. Listening to Body Language through headphones is a mesmerising experience. Loving Days, Obsession, Sweet Music et al really come to life. KM94 is like that too, and More More More, etc.

9. I just can’t seem to like body language bar a few songs. Not my cuppa tea at all. Probably worst album of hers for me.

10. What happened with Body Language that made the campaign such a mess? Light Years and Fever were spot on. And Body Language was a missed opportunity. Anyone know what was happening at Parlophone?

11. Wasn’t it a case of the album rushed out to fill a glaring gap in their release schedule before it was ready and then them trying to bury the era and launch a GH when it ‘underperformed’ in comparison to the all conquering smash that was Fever?

12. Body Language fell short of sales expectations so the era was pulled early to make room for 'I Believe In You' and Ultimate Kylie. In terms of singles being released in a timely matter and promotional appearances they really got it correct. The only spot they dropped the ball in was America where she did one performance in her entire 2 week visit, another was her 3 minute slot on Queer Eye. 'Secret (Take You Home)' was most liekly planned to be the 4th international single before things were scrapped.

Womanizer, shuper007, JMRGBY and 3 others like this.
  13. Preaching the gospel according to Kylie is my life’s calling, sis.

14. It certainly deserved a better parent album.

It's pretty much karma that Parlo though they could rush out an unfinished, substandard album to fill a gap in their schedule only to have it underperform and backfire. I do feel for Kylie though. It essentially put the brakes on her second golden period.

15. Disneyland played Christmas Isn't Christmas 'Til You Get Here in the Downtown Disney area last night and I think I leapt 3 feet off the ground when I heard the opening piano bars.

16. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Staff Member

She had burn-out from the Fever tour and international promo but by then she was the EMI cash cow and they wouldn’t let her take her foot off the peddle and demanded a new album in the next available Q4.

There was precisely one year between the release of Come Into My World and Slow. When compared to the gaps between the releases of her contemporaries it was insane.

Body Language is a couple of tracks away from being great and streamlined. One more successful session and some of the dross (After Dark, blurgh) could have been cast off.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  17. I think that Secret (Take You Home) not being a single, is one of the biggest missed opportunities.

18. I'm glad it's not streamlined, then. After Dark is a bop.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  19. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Staff Member

Does it really though?

lushLuck likes this.
  20. DING DING DING DING DING. Robbie couldn't make the deadline to get a GH out for Q4 2003 so Kylie got told to put out whatever she had finished, or as close to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.