Kylie, in general. | Page 2006 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie, in general.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. *checks watch* Ahh, the circular Body Language debate. Text me when the live album is out.

2. Sorry to be that person but as we approach the end of the year, what do we think Kylie2020 will bring us: a (nu)disco route, or revisiting the Robyn-esque sounds of the original One Last Kiss or another very random song for a quickly forgotten British film that’s completely beneath her? Shall we say all of the above?

roblognick, blod and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  3. Well, with Kylie, it could certainly be any of those things and more I think.

jakeyfw likes this.
  4. I get the impression they use a shotgun approach most of the time. Record anything (ok, perhaps with vague direction which nearly always changes anyway) until you get what sounds like a hit and then focus around that. Once you have a second hit, then 'ship it'.

5. Most of Kylie's 21st century albums seem to end up finishing up far from the initial starting point for instance, Aphrodite, Kiss Me Once and Golden most notably.

6. Toxic would never have worked for Kylie, but then again the version that she heard was very different to the one sent to Britney.

7. New single in the Autumn, new album early 2021.

mrdonut likes this.
  8. The rise and return of Angel K, a new song chucked on Spotify every 4 weeks, and Jimmy Cauty and Bill Drummond doing the producing.

Rooneyboy and justinis like this.
  9. Well looks what’s on Spotify!

10. Ohh sweet, let me bop to Lost Without You once again!

11. So nice to have a decent version of Blue Velvet....I like Kylie using a slightly deeper tone on it vocally.

12. Today see's 15th years since the release of one of Kylie's signature singles:
    [​IMG]

I still remember getting this and loving it and despite going off it for a while, recently I've come full circle and loving now it all over again! A delight of a song and so should have been #1. Happy 15th!

biffy77, Island, AndrewX and 10 others like this.

13. Remember this performance like it was yesterday too!!

14. I’ve literally been waiting for it since the moment I left the Manchester Arena last year

15. Blue Velvet is beautiful.

16. It really is a Kylie classic. My preference when she performs it is when she actually goes for the high notes showing what a great singer she is.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  17. Most definitely.

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  18. I knew the live DVD would be out today, but I had no idea about the live album! Genuinely excited to listen to this later. (Yes, I love live albums.) Hopefully I can get my hands on the DVD this weekend.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  19. I'm listening to the live album now, and I know this is going to sound so sappy, but I genuinely still can't believe I actually saw Kylie live last year? I'm so happy it finally happened (even though I had to skip my UK concert). The live album sounds great.

20. The audience sounds a little tew loud at times - when she starts singing in Slow people start woo'ing directly in my ear.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.