Kylie, in general. | Page 2025 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie, in general.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. The version that got the radio airplay too. The fade out version that is.

SecretSatisfaction likes this.
  2. Makes a change from Shoddy language and Play me once.

3. Let’s just all agree that all Kylie albums are ace. Hurrah for Kylie.

carlbob, Wayne1978, Andsov and 5 others like this.
  4. I'd love her version of Goldfrapp's 'Forever' to see the light of day sometime.

5. The truly superior version would be Kylie's vocals louder where she sings 'taking me over, weighing me down, making me want you, my love.'.

SecretSatisfaction likes this.
  6. Agreed! I love that bit and always sing that instead of the chorus at the end

7. There's no good Kids version.

8. I like the live version with Dannii and Bono actually but yeah, it's much better in studio form.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  9. Still don't get how Kids was initially going to be a Kylie solo song.

10. Although it was a hit, I do think it would have served Kylie well to have released Spinning Around, On a Night Like This and Your Disco Needs You and to have had Kids as just a Robbie single and not featured on Light Years at all. It's a great song but never really felt like it worked in the context of that album. At least not to me.

11. It does sound out with it's Pop-Rock sound in comparison I agree.

12. Interesting you mention that because I remember I was writing for a magazine and got a promo CD of Light Years. I became obsessed with it - but there was no Kids included. I'm not sure the reason. It was a Canadian promo - maybe that was the reason? Anyway, the album really worked well (better) without it. I don't hate Kids, but it does fit better on Sing When You're Winning.

13. Wait, is there a Kylie demo of Forever?

14. A Kylie ‘Supernature’ style album would be most welcomed!

15. Oh what was to come...

Yeah apparently, but those that have heard it say it's Goldfrapp's version with the vocal sped up? So who knows?

Booers likes this.
  16. Dreadful performances and styling. But glad it became the start of the pop career of Kylie.

Strange to think Dannii was the bigger star at the time too.... we never experienced that in the UK (other than maybe the shock of All I Wanna Do smashing whilst Some Kind Of Bliss tanked)...

As for Jason’s mullet from hell and those vocals......words fail me.

P'NutButter likes this.
  17. We can all agree that it's mandatory for every gay in the world to own the 'Slow' 12" picture disc in their homes.

18. aux

aux

Buy it for me then

Jacques, nikkysan, JMRGBY and 5 others like this.
  19. Have it framed above my bed for that very reason.

biffy77 and ManilaChinchilla like this.
  20. Just to say that if I’m ever feeling low, all I need is to pop any Kylie DVD on and by the end of it I always feel so much better. That’s the power of KM.

P'NutButter and AGiantSheep like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.