Kylie, in general. | Page 2093 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie, in general.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. I think that "Dancing Queen" became a bit of a live staple for Kylie after Intimate & Live.

lushLuck likes this.
  2. Also ABBA were absolutely massive in Australia, and Kylie’s section of the Closing Ceremony was like a celebration of our campiness and tackiness ddd

lushLuck likes this.
  3. My husband has been trading messages with SS on IG for about a year, trying to persuade him to do it

4. Haha as Americans who had to get Kylie and Robbie music via Napster (Light Years still hasn't ever had a physical US release!), my friends and I found the rap so charming and funny. There was no way any top American act would ever do anything like that at the time. They were such glory days for UK pop and we were so jealous.

Also, without knowing much about Kylie, whose persona was like a blank canvas to us at the time, we also jokingly wondered if she was a stoner (?!?) because so many songs on Light Years has at least one reference to being high or on the ceiling or under the influence or in the sky or outer space.

5. I'm not fussed about their road trip, that's a personal thing between two people in a relationship. But give me all the photos he's taken for Impossible Princess, which he teased on his Instagram and then deleted.

6. She also performed On A Night Like This. What a moment.

Princeuk and lushLuck like this.
  7. I didn't realize that. Don’t think I’ve ever seen video of it.

8. Imagine Kylie's "Mary Jane Holland."

Andy French and jakeyfw like this.
  9. So he DID delete them ! Cos I remembered some post about IP, then I looked at his IG account and I found just a few of them !

Juango likes this.
  10. I'm hoping he's deleted them because there is work behind the scenes of a re-release once Kylie owns the rights to the the Decon material.

11. I thought she already owned all her PWL and Deconstruction material?

blod likes this.
  12. Speakephone is the most meta bop. It's literally a bop about how to bop to a bop. Amazing.

Toxic84, jakeyfw, Seraphim and 5 others like this.
  13. She will only have been transferred perpetuity usage rights for the images used in the album artwork. All of the other shots, Stephane will own the copyright. Even then, the album art might not extend to merch usage or non-direct re-issues (like a repackage more complex than just a bonus disc) without an additional license.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    lushLuck and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  14. Another year with no Impossible Princess vinyl. It's not right.

aux, blod and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  15. An Impossible Princess coffee table book + vinyl release (like Golden and Future Nostalgia) with all of Stephane's pictures in HQ would be an absolute dream come true.

16. As mentioned above she did also perform On a night like this, you should check it out it was an exceptional performance with her gold dress.

Also she performed Dancing Queen cos Muriels Wedding was released that same year and was a surprise hit in australia, in it they perform nothing but Abba songs so this contributed to it as well, Abba had a resseruction in Australia without lifting a finger so Kylie being a smart operator cashed in on this.

lushLuck likes this.
  17. Muriel's Wedding was 1994!

But it is true that ABBA's backcatologue had a big commercial resurgence in 1999.

Cowboystyle, blod and lushLuck like this.
  18. Yes this is what i meant, there was some kind of ressurgence in 1999/2000 hence why kylie performed it

19. Currently watching Money Can't Buy, and it really is bliss. Not to mention scary, that it makes me realise how I've been a Kylie fan now for over half my life! Good scary of course!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.