Kylie, in general. | Page 2128 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie, in general.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. I'm not sure if there was an album's worth of material, but it sounded like the initial Golden sessions were Janet-inspired.

2. Imagine an even sultrier "Chocolate."

I'm wet.

3. Because all artists should.

tylerc904, mcuk, Applause and 11 others like this.
  4. Exactly that.

5. God, the album this could've become...

Larsen likes this.
  6. I wonder if this latest album will change concept, or whether it's too late for that now.

7. I certainly hope not. Imagine shifting away from disco in an era when disco is having its moment again.

8. I think so too. And with Light Years being my favourite Kylie album, I have objection to the Disco concept too.

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  9. I have a really good feeling about this album. Kylie found her confidence and came back with a real freshness with Golden (regardless of whether you liked the country elements or not). I’m genuinely excited for this new album. Kylie and disco is a great combination and I’m sure she’ll add her own touches to come up with something pretty special. I wouldn’t mind her covering a disco classic too for the album with a 2020 spin on it.

10. Yes I agree, and as it was rightfully pointed out in the GQ interview, Kylie did help lead the way and be part of the early 2000's Disco revival. So, this feels very appropriate for her to be re visiting it again. Bring it on!

BrokenHearts and elektroxx like this.

11. Video premiere was 10 years ago today

12. This and "Dancing On My Own" on this same day? I think we need a new gay bank holiday to commemorate this historic moment.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  13. Where did those 10years ago?!

HorseTears likes this.
  14. I'm glad they veered away from that. I can imagine it would have just turned into another 'All I See'.

They'd be better off taking inspiration from 'Miss You Much' or 'Escapade' if they want something Janet.

Wayne1978 likes this.
  15. Hasn't she also described it as "grown up" disco? Something about that just... makes me even more excited. It suggests a distinctive level of sophistication. Perhaps a mix of the melancholy and the light which she does so well.

16. This video is still triggering for me because I had a brief hookup period with one of the naked pyramid actors who ended up being a dick that ghosted me.

17. WHICH ONE

HorseTears likes this.
  18. The guy right below her feet, who also was one of the gay kiss-ers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He had the audacity to reach out to me months after being ghosted to ask for help finding a job. No ma'am. Our fling took place over summer 2010, so he brought up his being in this video a lot.

19. To be fair, I'd be dropping that into any and every conversation that I was a part of.

20. Oh same, and it's prob 80% of the reason I slept with him in the first place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.