Kylie: K25 Releases and Events. | Page 241 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: K25 Releases and Events.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by scouse_chris, Jan 12, 2012.

1. I see it more like Kylie has built up the perfect hype with K25 and all that hype will go to waste,
    and when she comes back, if she comes back after 2013, it will all be a bit "Kylie who?".
    People could in no way be sick of her so a break wouldn't be justified by that.
    People don't care as much anymore, so in fact Kylie only just reminded them why she's so wonderful and she'll just let it go?
    Of course it's her life and it's not all about the business strategy behind her music career.

2. vasilios

vasilios Guest

It is kinda funny that her DAD was the one to tell her to re-think things
    and change managers, do different music.
    What a cool dad she has eh? They always seemed like an amazing family.
    Even Brendan (?) 'the TV guy' brother.

3. [​IMG]

Such big teeth, that family,

4. You know, I wouldn't be at all surprised if she does a musical next. A big West end or Broadway one. 'Abbey Road' is almost like an audition piece. 'Look I CAN sing!'. A musical would fulfill both her singing and acting desires in one go. I'd imagine finding the right role for her would be the next big thing. I really think that will be her next project.

5. Please God, no.

6. Kylie's dad has always had more control over her and Danni's career and finances than people think.

7. If she can come out with some transformation like what she was doing up until Fever it would be cool.

8. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I always knew about the financial side, didn't know he was so involved in the music, too.
    I bet he posts here too and listens to the charts all the time.

9. Something you want to tell us?

10. Oh I don't think he's involved in the music side in the "oooh, work with Stuart Price gurl!" kinda way. But the "financial side" *IS* labels/management/touring etc. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't more than influential.

11. MM

MM

What a weird conclusion to draw.

12. Agreed. People never say things like this about male pop stars.

13. vasilios

vasilios Guest

It'd be more of a 'why aren't you in the charts more / as much as Katy / Pink / insert female that sells' comment anyway.

14. "You and Will have been friends forever now, isn't it time he proposed?"

15. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Tears (on my pillow).
    What kind of amazing humour?

16. This parting of management does seem totally ammicable though. Her manager is in his 60's right? Perhaps he wants a quieter life? Maybe he is ready to step back and let her go her own merry way. All evidence seems to point to the fact that they both adore each other have had a very postive working relationship. Its the right time to let her fly.

I for one would love to see her take to the stage. She seems to be searching for the perfect role and has a few things on her IMDB profile that indicate a marriage of movies and music. Anyone who has seen her live will attest to her stage presence but acting is a very different thing and she has had a chequred past in that area. Having said that I would love to see her get it right and take on the right role. Imagine, Kylie the actress??!!

17. SBK

SBK

What kinda fool do you take her for?

18. Wasn't her Dad an accountant? If so, it's not that much of a shocker that he would keep an eye out to make sure her money was looked after/that she was paid correctly. She no doubt trusts him implicitly. I'm sure I read he got PWL to cough up some cash after 'Kylie' became a smash and yet she hardly had any money off the back of it.

19. To be fair, if I were Terry's age and wealth I'd wanna retire and spend that $£$£$£ too.

20. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Sonia tried that too.
    Poor Sonia.

The 'gimme more money PWL' thing, not Terry's.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.