Kylie: K25 Releases and Events.

If anything is going to be a lead single it will be I Should Be So Lucky 2011 (RedOne remix)...

Ray said:
If anything is going to be a lead single it will be I Should Be So Lucky 2011 (RedOne remix)...

I don't think they'll be releasing a RedOne mix as the lead single from an orchestral album.

[Oh wait she's still on Parlophone!]

Wast the brief for Aphrodite for songs with a "warm electronic sound", with Coldplay and The Killers being used as refference points. I suppose she is likely to continue with this as the album was relatively well recieved.

I just love her to go totally in the other direction after K25, do something totally left of field. But alas, I think that moment for her has passed. I feel she has established this "warm, electronic-pop" sound (All the the Lovers, I Believe in You, White Diamond) and she is sticking to it.

To be fair, it has resulted in some of her finest moments butI would just love to see a darker side to her again. Confide in Me is always used as the refference point but its often the song you find people who dont like say they like, if that makes sense.

F

Fertilizer

magnatron591 said:
Wast the brief for Aphrodite for songs with a "warm electronic sound", with Coldplay and The Killers being used as refference points. I suppose she is likely to continue with this as the album was relatively well recieved.

I just love her to go totally in the other direction after K25, do something totally left of field. But alas, I think that moment for her has passed. I feel she has established this "warm, electronic-pop" sound (All the the Lovers, I Believe in You, White Diamond) and she is sticking to it.

I love this "sound", she does it like no one could.
Actually, Goldfrapp producing one of her songs would be orgasmic.

Nunya B said:
Basically what I'm saying is Kelly Rowland is going to be in high demand this year. Mariah already booked her for something, no?

If they want K25 to cement the idea of Kylie as a classic, timeless icon, I think they should bring in some other classic icons of yesteryear for her to duet with. Like... Donna Summer. And Olivia Newton-John. Performers that would make the audience go "Oh yeah, I remember that person. I quite liked them back in the day, and they still look really good.'

Forget Kelly Rowland or whatever pop star is flavour of the month. No offense to Kelly Rowland (I love her), but I don't think K25 is going to be about how Kylie is hip and current.

I don't like this trying to pair her off with people who are "icons of yesteryear". It seems to lump Kylie in with these disco and new wave divas, which she is not. Also, why would she want to associate a celebration of her 25 years in the business with a tenuous connection to artists who, let's face it, are past their prime. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

clockworknovak said:
Also, why would she want to associate a celebration of her 25 years in the business with a tenuous connection to artists who, let's face it, are past their prime.

That pretty much describes Madonna, doesn't it?

At least Donna Summer's last album was good, unlike Madonna's. And Kylie has covered Donna Summer in concert.

Olivia probably has another breast cancer charity to promote, which is indeed somewhat relevant to Kylie.

Deborah Harry would be amazing.

I don't see the point in baiting me with a Madonna diss, especially when you know damn well that Madonna is far more relevant than Donna Summer or Olivia Newton John at this point.

Donna Summer, Debbie Harry, Olivia Newton-John....?

Err, Kylie may be a gay icon, but she's not 70s gay icon. Surely it would make sense to collaborate with artists from with in her 25 years that she's celebrating? Rather than people who were big about 20 years before her....

Can you imagine Kylie on stage with Donna Summer? It'd be like she's got up at the old folks home to duet with one of the residents.

clockworknovak said:
I don't see the point in baiting me with a Madonna diss

Yes, because the only possible reason for criticizing Madonna would be to anger her fans.

Calm down, I didn't even know you were a Madonna fan.

Ted said:
clockworknovak said:
Also, why would she want to associate a celebration of her 25 years in the business with a tenuous connection to artists who, let's face it, are past their prime.

That pretty much describes Madonna, doesn't it?

At least Donna Summer's last album was good, unlike Madonna's. And Kylie has covered Donna Summer in concert.

Olivia probably has another breast cancer charity to promote, which is indeed somewhat relevant to Kylie.

Deborah Harry would be amazing.

She's also covered Madonna and Olivia in concert!