Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album) | Page 177 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. It's not top 50 on UK spotify but it's global streams from yesterday were 344,033

AlmostFamous, tj-x, hollaa01 and 2 others like this.
  2. Pretty sure about 300 of those are mine.
    [​IMG]

3. Looks like she's getting off quite good so far. Hope it carries on.

4. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

It's certainly a possibility, but the Thursday release shoots herself in the foot. 'Dancing' didn't hit top 40 until album release week.

5. If they did CD singles or 7”s ready she’d have had such a leg up.

6. Very unlikely to debut in the Top 40, but if she releases physical copies when it starts to peak it could get there! And the music video should help when it comes out.

7. I really doubt this will trouble the top 40, maybe not even the top 75. I think the album will be a comfortable top 3 though.

jtm, Verandi and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  8. Yes, be very surprised if album isn't top 3, 5 max.

9. With the sixteen year preorder period we have to sit through, it better hit #1.

10. Yeah I'm pretty sure signed copies and other tricks will be deployed to snag a #1 again. Y'all know there's gonna be at least 3 or 4 more variants of the cassette alone if Golden and Step Back in Time are anything to go by dddd

wodny likes this.
  11. For context, if it sells the same as Golden’s opening week it would have been no 1 any week of the year so far except the week Chromatica was released.

12. Considering how much her label pushes for physical album sales, it's strange how they're not producing CD singles too. They could produce a CD1-CD2 set with different covers and recycled b-sides and give the song a strong chance of hitting the top40 thanks to the nostalgia gays alone. I say this being one of them dd.

djessie, LPT, SlowGinFizzzz and 7 others like this.
  13. I’d love a physical of Say Something especially with that artwork but oh well.

14. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I know I'm about 100 pages behind, but I'm..........really surprised at the negative reaction to the album cover and visual direction? The use of neon blues and hints of red as a complementary colour already give it a striking and coherent identity. I certainly prefer it to Golden's "popstar shoot by numbers but sometimes with old furniture" visuals.

Mr.Arroz, Princeuk, 4Roses and 13 others like this.
  15. For me, its the fact that she looked good in the Golden photos. I don't find the album cover to be a particularly flattering photo of her. I like the concept, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

16. I've liked all of the imagery so far except the album cover. The lens flare is bad. Seems like such a wasted opportunity for an album called "DISCO." Also, I get "Fatal Attraction" vibes.

[​IMG]
    +
    [​IMG]
    =
    [​IMG]

17. Since when is a Glenn Close comparison ever a bad thing?

18. She was at #12 on sales, which is amazing for just one day.

d2019 likes this.
  19. Her face looks super compressed in every size of the cover I've seen and it bothers me. Do we have an ultra-HQ version?

Stopremix and elektroxx like this.
  20. Standard, deluxe and the single cover.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.