Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album) | Page 183 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Okay but this would’ve made an amazing album cover and title...

mcuk, scottdisick94, nikkysan and 7 others like this.
  2. It's like 'Piece By Piece', but it works as a concept.

[​IMG]

3. If it were for the fans we would have eight different covers. Folklore found dead.

4. Perhaps, although, now that you mention this, this one's going to be a beast to translate to a live setting because of how much the vocals overlap. I don't think you can make it work with just two backing vocalists. I feel like, minimum, you're going to need 4 powerful, dynamic backing vocalists (and a very talented sound engineer.) I really hope, at some point, we get to hear the live translation.

5. So many artists on that playlist that I'd love for her to work with—Calvin Harris (again), Dua Lipa, Jessie Ware, Mark Ronson, Rina Sawayama, SG Lewis and Tom Aspaul (again).

HorseTears, mcuk, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  6. It's the re-release title.

webby686 and HEARTCORE like this.
  7. Also, is the hyphen thing a throwback to the disco era? I genuinely don't get it.

8. It’s so people don’t read it as Say Some Thing.

9. I think it's a stylistic cheat to get the text as large as possible on the artwork - keeping in mind how many people consume music via streaming on their phones - SAY SOMETHING in one line would be barely readable, while SAY would be stretched and huge with SOMETHING underneath it in much smaller text if they split them the natural way.

10. That's yet another great visual from this era!

HorseTears likes this.
  11. I'm so glad you've read through this thread and seen just how loved your work is. Say Something is transcendent.

HorseTears, mcuk, craiggci and 6 others like this.
  12. Does "Say Something" remind anyone else of the equally dreamy "After All" by All Saints? Mainly the guitars -

13. K94

K94

That playlist

Say Something isn't really connecting with me in the way that a Kylie lead usually does yet. I like it and particular parts hit the spot but it feels a bit self-conscious and less effortless. I have faith that it'll grow more though.

2014 likes this.
  14. Delivering greatness once again, Biff. This one is really special.

15. I had a really awful day but Say Something was just the tonic I needed especially the Love is Love part which is so hopeful. I love the ethereal nature of the song it is truly transcendent and it’s really catchy though it doesn’t follow a traditional structure for a song.

16. Say Something is her best single since Get Outta My Way.

LPT, W2K, Andrew.L and 12 others like this.
  17. The way the second chorus just unleashes those ascending, liberating strings ala Slide Away/Bittersweet Symphony, WHEW

[​IMG]

18. It’s a great single but it does remind me a lot of Better Than Today in some parts.

19. Not there being much competition after that one oop.

W2K likes this.
  20. This isn’t a bad thing in my eyes!

LPT, Anjoel40, HorseTears and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.