Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album) | Page 211 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Very true and very sad at the same time.

joeee likes this.
  2. #11 Sales Chart
    #11 Download Chart
    #11 Scottish Chart

I had to triple check as it seems odd they're all #11

3. Not massively. Sales basically = downloads (except the rare week a big act does a physical single), and the Scottish chart is sales only?

4. Nice to see it in the top 100. Better than nothing at all.

AshtrayHeart and joeee like this.
  5. Top 100 actually seems to be considered an achievement over the past few years. Streaming really has hindered the charts hasn’t it.

6. Have we any info on remixes for Say Something?

Elvenpath likes this.
  7. I thought we would get the video today

8. It's just made the charts an irrelevant measure of success. I think for acts like Kylie streaming ensures a steady, healthy income off of a strong back catalogue.

poshbabyyy and YourOwnThing like this.
  9. No it hasn’t.

10. W2K

W2K

I’ve been told that Purple Disco Machine have remixed it but I don’t know if there’s any truth to it!

11. Sarcasm aside, I was referring more to the fact a song getting a bottom end top 100 position is actually deemed an achievement because at least it charted.

MistakenBiology and Princeuk like this.
  12. You've got to look at the chart numbers as just one story. You could argue that the glory days of the 2000's pop era were hindered by fanbase acts getting multiple week one #1s then tumbling out immediately was just as non-indicative of real success too. The general public don't give a shit about chart positions anyway, and they largely haven't for about 20 years after the charts turned into a zero-sum game for the #1 position.

highcontrast and AshtrayHeart like this.
  13. This is makign me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :) Is it Nov 6th yet *guffaw*

14. I haven't been on SayHey for years but I imagine a lot of them are going into meltdown right about now.

HorseTears, lob0to and WoW73 like this.
  15. BMG being slagged off on their facebook group for not doing enough.

HorseTears and burzacott like this.
  16. SayHell needs closing down and sealing shut. It’s quite literally a hellhole of toxicity, misogyny, (ironically) homophobia and implied racism.

17. And those are just the good points!

Blaahh, Nunya B, HorseTears and 3 others like this.
  18. I’ve liked Kylie well enough most of my life to casually check out her music like a good ghey but I’m completely bowled over by how good this is

The effortless groove to the track...I want to live inside that bass.

I don’t think any of her songs have connected with me so viscerally and instantaneously. Interesting reading that some people needed a few listens. She had me from those first synths.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.